Mythic Kormrok or Heroic Archimonde

So we will be getting Hellfire Assault down on Monday, and I expect Reaver to be down next week, so the question arises, do we do Mythic Kormok next or do we go do Heroic Archimonde

Deleted
    if you can kill korm before the 5 minute mark it's like a normal mode boss

Heroic Archi is probably easier if your team doesn't have the tight DPS needed for Kormrok.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Kormrok isn't too hard especially with the rings but tbh if you're that far into mythics Archimonde shouldn't be too bad either and because of the gear you need to be getting him on farm.

I feel that guilds are a little unnecessarily scared of Archimonde, especially with the ring last phase isn't bad at all and if you're struggling just use the double nether banish group to cheese the hardest part with the infernals :P

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    With good enough dps, Kormrok might be easier than Archimonde. He only has a couple of nasty combos that can be pretty dangerous. However they will only happen after 4+ minutes, with 5 minutes being "enrage" due to rather nasty sequence of abilities. High dps and ring usage can bring him down way earlier, so you'll only have to live few seconds through, say, Pound + triple walls and finish him off before final combo.

Of course gear makes Archimonde easier, too, but there's no way to skip the infernal phase completely. If you're having issues with that, it might still be problematic.

Deleted
    Archimonde for gear, many items of archimonde are bis for players espcially the class trinket.
    You would only go mythic instead of Archimonde for guild ranks.

Definitely archimonde for the gear.

That being said, I think mythic kormrok is the easiest of the first five. You really just need good dps and rings provide that.

10+ Year Old Account
    H Archimonde gear is going to be as good or better than most of Mythic gear from the first several bosses. Obviously Kormrok has tier, which is nice, but overall Archimonde has better gear. I assume that you're killing N Archimonde each week, and based on your current progression I doubt you are geared enough to just be brute-forcing it. Whatever strat you are using on N Archimonde will work on Heroic, you just have to tighten it up and spend longer in that last phase. M Kormrok is not a hard fight, but you really should get H Arch down because that gear is going to last your raid well into Mythics so the earlier you can start getting it the better off you'll be.

Kormrok is a joke with legendary ring. Use it on the dragging hands to charge the explosion, then it explodes for 9000 million damage on the boss and shortens the fight greatly, ending it before the hardest part (dragging hands and pound and other shit at the same time).

However, I would definitely do archimonde first. Too much BIS gear to just skip, not to mention ring upgrades.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-08-14 at 06:07 PM.

If you're not farming heroic archi yet, that's a big detriment. The gear is on par ilvl-wise with the first bosses on mythic, but the quality (class trinkets) makes it much more worthwhile. The fight isn't hard either. Just get a CD rotation going for shackles and break them right away (last phase might wanna hesitate slightly if ppl are low).

You could probably easily get archimonde down if you can do the first 2 on mythic, dps requirements for mythic assault and heroic archimonde are fairly close to eachother, and healing and awareness on reaver are also similar to heroic archi.

Deleted
    Are you 100% sure you'll get Assault down? Because if you have the dps for that, you'll also have the dps to kill Archimonde quickly enough to not be very difficult. And if your raid can survive the raid damage on Iron Reaver, they can also survive Archimonde phase 3. It's not that difficult when you have enough dps to just burn him down in 3 banishes/2 rains of fire.

I think people underestimate how much gear trivializes Archimonde. It's still a more technical fight than the first 3 on Mythic, but phase 1 and 2 are fairly trivial and the ring lets you rush through phase 3. I'd go Archimonde before Iron Reaver surely, since the loot is better.

tbh it's better to do a full heroic clear again and go for Archimonde. The gear you get from killing Assault and Fel Reaver isnt as good as decking more people with heroic gear from a 12/13 run. If you're already decked out with heroic gear you're all good for Archimonde.

Yea we will definitely kill Assault on Monday, we got it to 20% (The Door) and only reason we wiped was due to miscommunication, would have killed it in another pull but we were over raid time. We will go for Archimonde after we get Reaver down then, we have been doing normal every week for ring upgrades and it has been getting cleaner and cleaner every week (Last Phase).

Like others have said, M Kormrok with rings is a joke. That being said, your raid would benefit more from having the arch kills. The trinkets are extremely strong for several classes/specs.

Deleted
    Get several more ppl and simply kill Archimonde fight is way more easy with 25+ ppl
    We just took some puggyes for our weekly kill

Mythic Kormrok is kind of DPS-check with simplier mechanics to handle than Archimonde. I'm not saying that HC Archimonde is extremely challenging but has more difficulties which should be dealt properly by whole raid without exception. Obviously Archimonde has more enticing gear but if your guild haven't progressed him already there is higher probability not to kill him than Kormrok. For example my guild spent most time on Archimonde (killed him after Kormrok), then M Assault, then Reaver and we killed Kormrog fastest during progress.

Deleted
    Whether is more or less difficult, the best for your raid is to kill Archimonde HC because you will get gear really really useful for many classes (classes trinket are bis for many classes) and you will improve +3ilvl for all your members (but I guess you are already killing it on normal)

I think you should be pushing H Archi now.

Kormrok from H is a completely different tactic. One which has multiple ways of 1 shotting you for mistakes. Mechanically easier than Archi, but the punishment for messing up his soaks or runes is a guaranteed wipe.

By now you should have a tactic working for you that can transfer to H from N Archi, and lets face it you can't hide from him forever.
    Also you really shouldn't underestimate the two fights you haven't downed yet. That last 20% is by far the hardest part as the 2nd transport turn up and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    I think you should be pushing H Archi now.

Kormrok from H is a completely different tactic. One which has multiple ways of 1 shotting you for mistakes. Mechanically easier than Archi, but the punishment for messing up his soaks or runes is a guaranteed wipe.

By now you should have a tactic working for you that can transfer to H from N Archi, and lets face it you can't hide from him forever.
    Also you really shouldn't underestimate the two fights you haven't downed yet. That last 20% is by far the hardest part as the 2nd transport turn up and stuff.
    We had already killed the transporter, 20% is a rough estimate but we had already killed all transporters. Also, from our attempt it didnt seem that hard at all tbh, a lot of adds yes but nothing some kiting wont fix