Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I mean if we're comparing body counts now, 8 people were killed by a citizen!

http://abc7chicago.com/news/massacre...ce-say/923772/
    You realize the distinction people are making is that the illegal immigrant/unlawful resident's opportunity to kill never should have even come to pass because their even being present to commit the other crime, was something that should have gotten them kicked the hell out already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yes. Why are people, mostly conservatives, fighting that Americans should have low shit paying jobs. Again the backbone of the U.S. labor force had its jobs shipped overseas or replaced by automation. Again cheap labor. Yet, these conservatives yell "Dey Tuk Our Jobs". When the fucking jobs are service and agriculture jobs, the illegal immigrants are willing to do. The reason, is that to them it is actually a pay raise, better standard of living.
    yeah..

Here's a simple summary..

Illegal Immigrants

"they take our jobs"
    "they take our welfare money"

DA FUCK..... Can you make up your stupid mind? Either they take your job or your money, not both...
    Truth... They do neither.

lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Hint: Employment isn't going to cease being an issue when you shrink your economy by kicking out consumers.
    Consumers? More then half of Mexican families are on some form of welfare, regardless of their illegal status. People like you and myself are actually paying for them.

Its just another day in America, as we've seen this sort of thing countless times. The fact that the suspect is an illegal really has nothing to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Consumers? More then half of Mexican families are on some form of welfare, regardless of their illegal status. People like you and myself are actually paying for them.
    Them being on welfare has absolutely no bearing as to whether or not they are consumers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    You want to talk Baltimore. Baltimore jobs back in the day was not fucking McDonald's, dishwashers, maids and other entry jobs. Baltimore was gutted for its sea port industry, manufacturing and other industrial jobs. Good paying jobs that people could raise a family on. You know what happened? They got closed or shipped overseas for what???? CHEAP LABOR.
    I'm not disagreeing with your premise at all, but my point still is, there are jobs out there for these people. But illegal immigrants coming in and taking these jobs in a lot of cases only harms legal citizens.

- - - Updated - - -

Them being on welfare has absolutely no bearing as to whether or not they are consumers.
    Hint: If you and I aren't paying for them, that means we have money for ourselves that we can use to consume in their place

10+ Year Old Account
    Hint: If you and I aren't paying for them, that means we have money for ourselves that we can use to consume in their place
    HAHAHAHA.

Are you seriously suggesting the few dollars per annum maximum makes up for an entire person's spending power? Jesus Christ, you're a riot.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Its just another day in America, as we've seen this sort of thing countless times. The fact that the suspect is an illegal really has nothing to do with it.
    No it doesn't....... less than 2 weeks ago another killing of 3 people took place also in Florida.
    That was however likely and allegedly not an illegal immigrant, instead "just some religious nutcase"...
    But that would of course not help the right wing agenda..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    It's not a good situation at all, but it's a helluva lot more complicated than "let's get rid of the non Americans." My primary point is that illegal immigrants deserve some modicum of sympathy in that they're participating in an obviously flawed and dynamic system.

Who was it that once said "for every complicated problem they're is an obvious, simple, and wrong solution."
    I'm not saying it's an easy situation or tossing them all out is a simple thing lol, or even the best solution. I was trying to explain to Wells that there are problems caused by illegal immigration though besides just crime, simply put. I think some of you guys bring up valid counter arguments to my points, but then I get a lot of guy's that just end up trolling lol.

Deleted
    I misread the title of this thread.

I was like...."there are legal massacres ?"

Wait!!!!!! So you are correlating Mexicans to ALL being illegals. Boy, I would love to call you out but I would probably get banned or you would cry. You just made a statement that one type of people fit into one group.

Also its the BIGGEST fucking myth. Illegals CANNOT collect welfare or government assistance.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish you guys would get off this agriculture stuff lol. Not every illegal citizen picks fruits and vegetables. Now you guys are the ones making generalizations.

That being said, the idea that most Americans don't take low paying (minimum wage) jobs is a silly one. How many people do you know that have never took a job that paid minimum wage or close to that range? That's an honest question. Have you ever had a job that paid minimum wage?

I think you are confusing people with degrees or people that have had established careers and putting them into this category. Of course someone that's been an electrician for 20 years will not take a minimum wage job. Or someone that has a degree in math or something. But to assume when these people were younger, they never had such a job, is kind of a silly assumption to make.

To be fair, I realize that we are both going off of opinion here. But here's an example of people that work in fast food, they typically make less then $10 an hour:

http://nyjobsource.com/sal/food.html

Long story short, millions of Americans work low wage jobs. That hasn't ever stopped. Assuming only an illegal immigrant will take these jobs is completely false.
    To be fair though, not all minimum wage jobs are the same. Working at McDonald's is a less strenuous than working as a maid. Working at a theatre requires less exertion than factory work. Many illegals ARE taking the more culturally demeaning jobs which also tend to require more actual work that others simply don't want add a first job or as a fallback. And then there are the more skilled jobs that illegals after filling in construction that many Americans are simply not being trained in. We need drywallers and roofers, and these jobs require training, but we don't have tons of people going to school for these careers and you're more likely to find younger generations in these vocations going to school to get out of the family business.

Not all low wage jobs are created equally

A few people is a 'massacre', now.

Oh wait, this is the country that blew up over the Boston 'Massacre'.

Also, four or five murderers out of how many million illegals? That's a lower murder rate than the native population.
    One person killed is too much as far as I am concerned. It really doesn't matter what they call it, four or five people are dead because their government did not do its job by securing the border. Even if the murder rate among illegals is lower than the native population (I don't think it is and you produced no data to prove that stat), why would you let any more murderers into the country? That makes no sense.

Mexico has a well documented gang problem. ISIS terrorists have expressed their desire to come and kill us. You would have to be really naive to leave that border open. Unfortunately, our government (both parties) are deep in the pocket of big business (that wants cheap labor) and under the influence of lobbyists so the border will stay wide open, our politicians do not care how many of their own citizens die or suffer- as long as the big businesses and lobbyist keep that cold hard cash coming. What a bunch of degenerate cowards, the whole lot of them. Not a decent human being among them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    One person killed is too much as far as I am concerned. It really doesn't matter what they call it out, five people are dead because their government did not do its job by securing the border. Even if the murder rate among illegals is lower than the native population (I don't think it is and you produced no data to prove that stat), why would you let any more murderers into the country? That makes no sense.
    What makes you think that securing the border will stop illegal immigrants from committing crimes?

HAHAHAHA.

Are you seriously suggesting the few dollars per annum maximum makes up for an entire person's spending power? Jesus Christ, you're a riot.
    Do illegal immigrants really strike you as the type that spend money on big purchases such as cars or TV's? Be honest here, do you think illegal immigrants are a big part of a consumer base for any products? Not to mention that in many cases, illegal immigrants are not spending their money in the US, they are sending it back home to their families in Mexico. When you factor in almost 150 million Americans are working, that does equate to a lot of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this has turned into a generic "Immigrants are bad" thread instead of discussing the actual topic I'm just going to close it here. Next time try to actually discuss the topic.

CLOSED.