Poll: Assigning Stats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I can see a lot of people are saying "I like to it myself because my D&D group... or for Dragon Ag.... or for Skyrim..." What im talking about is an actual MMO, where there really isn't much or any single player content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    I can see a lot of people are saying "I like to it myself because my D&D group... or for Dragon Ag.... or for Skyrim..." What im talking about is an actual MMO, where there really isn't much or any single player content
    Well, there is no word "MMO" in the original post. I don't know why many people nowadays assume that "RPG" refers to "MMO". Anyway, I don't see the difference between the two in this aspect: I am pretty sure that most people preferring either option for single player RPGs will prefer the same option for MMOs, and vise versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    What im talking about is an actual MMO, where there really isn't much or any single player content
    The OP and thread title do not specify MMO. Only RPG. The two are not synonymous.

I would still prefer to assign stats myself in an RPG, MMO or otherwise.

Ideally I would use a 10 point system: 10 is the base line of all humans. Thereafter class choice grants a +1 bonus to a discrete stat, background grants another +1 to a stat. Levels divisible by 3 would allow players to assign a single point to one stat- so you scale at 1/3rd of your original point value.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The bad news being that intellect didn't actually affect spell damage.

In fact, a lot of stats in general in EQ1 ended up being broken/meh/etc. But in general I agree, the allocation was fine. (Though totally useless within a few expansions)
    Really? I mean, I played like a decade ago, but what was Intellect's purpose in EQ again?

Deleted
    Melee Priests in RO have been fun. Smashing that book into the face of the enemy

Assigning stats by yourself makes more builds possible so I don´t see a problem with that.