Healing Meters My humble opinion of them

In my most humble of opinions the meters for healers are unimportant. HOWEVER in the day and age of doing PuGs the meters absolutely have some influence.

I just completed my first kill of Socrethar on heroic mode and I was removed and told that I could not roll on the Conq tier token cause I did poor HPS, only 24k ( according to in game meters) The raid leader was a Paladin tank and took dps gear and kicked me before I could roll.
    This is a separate issue in and of itself but I am hoping that Kharma takes care of what I cannot, and I would love to rage and vent about this person but that is for a different time and place.

Before I got into the raid they had been failing and after I joined there was a kill. I have no info before I got in and do not know what the raid was compromised of. I was still able to kill with my measley 34k heals. Here are logs

warcraftlogs.com/reports/6AdQJb8rkW4Pv7Zg/#type=healing&fight=8

Luckily I am respected and accomplished Holy paladin in more than 1 guild. I understand that some classes are better suited for certain fights and I am not used to more than 15 ppl in our raids so that is a adjustment I need. I also do not know the gear level of the druids or shaman in group. I am frustrated that when it comes to the "Wham Bam Thank You Mama" Pug mentality that I am am not better. I also think it is unfair this has now become the "NORMAL" way of doing things. I also am embarrassed that this is a complaint and really not an acceptable way of doing things but where else can I voice my thoughts?

My question after my tirade is: Is there a way I can do better on charts or just do a more acceptable amount of heals so I will not be ridiculed and mocked then be removed before I can get loot for my lack of performance? I want to be a better paladin and prove my worth in every fight I am involved in.

I realize that not all pugs and grp are this rude and dismissive but it is still frustrating that now I ran a heroic and have no opportunity to upgrade my gear, so I can have a higher iLv so I can get into better grps, so I can kill more so I can get better iLvs, so I can get upgrades......

The "WAHHHHHMbulance" just showed up...

thanks for any advice or suggestions or comments
    Last edited by Terofin; 2015-08-15 at 01:52 PM.

While it must suck to find out after the fact that you were not allowed to roll on the gear, I can see why they removed you from the group. While the HPS number itself might not matter much, your healing does. Looking at the log you provided they could just as well not have brought you, 29% of your healing was done to yourself (yes you have Gift for a big chunk of the fight, it still doesn't justify the extremely skewed numbers, if you do chose to beacon yourself it's a poor idea to spam yourself with holy lights and flash of lights, it removes the entire benefit of having beacon. If your priest in the group is capable of handling the tank healing to the point where your other beacon is only doing a measly 700k healing over the entire fight, move it to another gift target). If you want to learn how to heal more I suggest posting in the help my heals-thread.

You should post in fix my heals.

It sucks that you got kicked, pugs are too much of a cesspool. With the buffs (at least i think that there were buffs) to personal loot, really should just run personal loot on pugs. I'm a big proponent of master looter prior raids, but this one might be worth the tradeoff to personal loot supposing buffs.

Looks like y'all had 25 people, no need for 6 healers, but I guess pugs like to overheal.

The couple things, are you casting avenging wrath on cooldown? You should be saving it (hopefully you get a good idea of when damage shows up). Might be better off trying to time it to where big damage comes in. This'll come as you get more used to fights and you get used to the timing of when to use.

You're not casting Holy prism enough, there's a 2 minute gap where you don't cast it at all, use it on CD unless you know some damage is coming in and you can hold off for a little bit.

You don't have a good rotation going on. Your holy shock usage is pretty low for that long of a fight.

You beacon yourself when you have gift, but you could hvae cast it on someone else when gift expired.

You really don't cast enough, should cast more. (Look to get to at least 38 casts per minute).

Don't cast damage spells like judgment or hammer of wrath, no need.

Your gear is sort of meh, not having the 4pc set hurts, a lot. Nothing you can do about it now. First time downing it, congrats. Hopefully you can find better pugs that'll let you roll. Your guild doesn't seem to raid much either, if you're looking to get going raiding and geared up, might want to consider a new guild.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

7+ Year Old Account
    A few things to help getting your hps up on this fight.
    Like tclphz said, more holy prism, use beacons on people who got gifts, keep EF up on the tank who is not in the robot, try to keep EF up on all the people who got gifts, use CS, HS and HR if the group is taking alot of dmg to accomplish this. Use Avenging Wrath when either someone dosen't get out of the group with gifts or the healing is bad during apocolypse. 4 pieces, legendary ring and class trinket will shoot up your healing quiet abit, also don't join bad pugs who dosen't use personal loot and try to find a weekly pug group if your guild isn't raiding, try openraid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Terofin View Post
    In my most humble of opinions the meters for healers are unimportant. HOWEVER in the day and age of doing PuGs the meters absolutely have some influence.

I just completed my first kill of Socrethar on heroic mode and I was removed and told that I could not roll on the Conq tier token cause I did poor HPS, only 24k ( according to in game meters) The raid leader was a Paladin tank and took dps gear and kicked me before I could roll, Tullius - Frostmorne.
    This is a separate issue in and of itself but I am hoping that Kharma takes care of what I cannot, and I would love to rage and vent about this person but that is for a different time and place.

Before I got into the raid they had been failing and after I joined there was a kill. I have no info before I got in and do not know what the raid was compromised of. I was still able to kill with my measley 34k heals. Here are logs

warcraftlogs.com/reports/6AdQJb8rkW4Pv7Zg/#type=healing&fight=8

Luckily I am respected and accomplished Holy paladin in more than 1 guild. I understand that some classes are better suited for certain fights and I am not used to more than 15 ppl in our raids so that is a adjustment I need. I also do not know the gear level of the druids or shaman in group. I am frustrated that when it comes to the "Wham Bam Thank You Mama" Pug mentality that I am am not better. I also think it is unfair this has now become the "NORMAL" way of doing things. I also am embarrassed that this is a complaint and really not an acceptable way of doing things but where else can I voice my thoughts?

My question after my tirade is: Is there a way I can do better on charts or just do a more acceptable amount of heals so I will not be ridiculed and mocked then be removed before I can get loot for my lack of performance? I want to be a better paladin and prove my worth in every fight I am involved in.

I realize that not all pugs and grp are this rude and dismissive but it is still frustrating that now I ran a heroic and have no opportunity to upgrade my gear, so I can have a higher iLv so I can get into better grps, so I can kill more so I can get better iLvs, so I can get upgrades......

The "WAHHHHHMbulance" just showed up...

thanks for any advice or suggestions or comments
    Unfortunately, the raid leader was more than justified to kick you for a lack of an acceptable performance. His raid, his standards.

On the other hand, saying something like "Luckily I am respected and accomplished Holy paladin in more than 1 guild" makes it seem like you have an overinflated ego and view of your own performance in general.

Socrethar is a haven for holy paladins, having the ability to swap beacons at negligible cost to 2 gift targets to stabilize their health pools and AW/prism being up for every two Apocalypse casts. You simply weren't beacon swapping and hitting Prism at the right time, while constantly hitting your heals directly on beaconed targets.

In short, your problem isn't that you are bad on the meters, but your knowledge of the class and encounter mechanics are sorely and painfully lacking - but this isn't even the crux of the issue; it's that it seems you honestly believe yourself to be a big shot and respected holy paladin player nobody knows nor really want to care, if you *really* want to know how to improve yourself as a holy paladin, first improve yourself as a human being. Reading up on the dunning-kruger effect is a good place to start.

Otherwise, you can content yourself with naming and shaming the people who are more than justified to disallow you from looting with your ignorable, no, negative contribution by inflating the boss health, and live in the delusion that you are doing well enough to be recognized by your peers as a suitably skilled healer.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-08-15 at 11:48 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I want to thank all for the responses.

PosPosPos It is always tough when someone is as blunt and forthcoming as you were but some of the things you said are your perception after reading 1 post, that does not mean you know me well enough to judge me. I realize now how I came off and that was not my intention.

I do try to read these forums and learn, my frustration comes out of ceremoniously being removed.

Thank you all again for the time and I will continue to work on improving

I want to thank all for the responses.

PosPosPos It is always tough when someone is as blunt and forthcoming as you were but some of the things you said are your perception after reading 1 post, that does not mean you know me well enough to judge me. I realize now how I came off and that was not my intention.

I do try to read these forums and learn, my frustration comes out of ceremoniously being removed.

Thank you all again for the time and I will continue to work on improving
    Well you did come off as a schmuck in your OP seeing as you don't understand why you got removed and at the same time claim to know what you're doing to some extent.

Socrethar is very favored towards holy paladins because of the gifts and seeing a paladin in the bottom is usually an indicator of bad gear or play, neither of which you want in your pug as a leader. If you need help to improve there's a thread for that.

Quote Originally Posted by scmeck View Post
    Well you did come off as a schmuck in your OP seeing as you don't understand why you got removed and at the same time claim to know what you're doing to some extent.

Socrethar is very favored towards holy paladins because of the gifts and seeing a paladin in the bottom is usually an indicator of bad gear or play, neither of which you want in your pug as a leader. If you need help to improve there's a thread for that.
    Understood and perhaps I was not in the correct state of mind when I applied to the raid. I will be more conscious in the future. Once again the replies are appreciated and there will be changes in my approach and play style

I was crying for no real good reason and that is what I wanted to acknowledge in my last comment about the Wahhmbulance

Hm, someone who doesn't just rage back at other somewhat insulting comments? How rare. Refreshing though. As to the negative commentary, the guy wasn't happy and was looking for some help. Cut him some slack. He could've just started another one of those the pug RL is an asshole thread.

I'll suggest a couple more things, turn on advanced combat logging. It'll provide more information.

You can consider swapping both beacon and glyphing the beacon swap thing (I'm terrible with names) during gift. You can consider eternal flaming only those with gift to take advantage of the ongoing damage. To me, the biggest issues is really your rotation and your AW usage is off.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Others have said pretty much everything, so without beating a dead horse:

You should post a picture of your UI in raid combat or look in to the UIs some of the best players use. Can you see who your beacon is on clearly or are you guessing and playing off of memory? I asked that because Beacon of Light and Beacon of Faith are both used incorrectly and also you take one off of a tank, put it on yourself, and then recast it on the same tank or something? It seems like a small thing but it's indicative of a larger problem. Regardless, during P2 of Socrethar you should pretty much never have beacon on either tank because one can't be healed and the other one doesn't take much damage compared to Gift targets.

People mention your 30% self healing probably without realizing you had 2 full length Gifts. The % isn't completely unheard of under these circumstances but it is exacerbated by you leaving beacon on yourself for 80% of the fight.

Most importantly, turn on advanced combat logging so we can see more fight details.

Thank you again, I am excited to be trying these suggestions and improve.

I have a pretty basic UI with a few mods thrown in. I do not know how to enable the Advanced combat tracking but will be getting that up and running. I am also going to dive into Weak auras to see about some of the finer nuances that I have been missing and over looking

I do not do a ton of beacon swaps, I usually know where I put them...I was once again not myself the night i raided and I think my judgement was quite impaired and it shows. I am going to go to the "Fix My Heals" thread and continue to get more advice and hope that this post dies and my embarrassment dwindles into a laughable momentary lapse of reason.

Thank you again, I am excited to be trying these suggestions and improve.

I have a pretty basic UI with a few mods thrown in. I do not know how to enable the Advanced combat tracking but will be getting that up and running. I am also going to dive into Weak auras to see about some of the finer nuances that I have been missing and over looking

I do not do a ton of beacon swaps, I usually know where I put them...I was once again not myself the night i raided and I think my judgement was quite impaired and it shows. I am going to go to the "Fix My Heals" thread and continue to get more advice and hope that this post dies and my embarrassment dwindles into a laughable momentary lapse of reason.
    Lets hope people stop commenting on it or it will never leave the first page :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a pretty basic UI with a few mods thrown in. I do not know how to enable the Advanced combat tracking but will be getting that up and running. I am also going to dive into Weak auras to see about some of the finer nuances that I have been missing and over looking.
    In my opinion, a good UI is one of the most important factors to becoming a strong healer, and a stronger raider.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

I do not know how to enable the Advanced combat tracking but will be getting that up and running.
    In the game menu, select system, then network. Advanced combat logging is the last option on that menu.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Unfortunately, the raid leader was more than justified to kick you for a lack of an acceptable performance. His raid, his standards.

On the other hand, saying something like "Luckily I am respected and accomplished Holy paladin in more than 1 guild" makes it seem like you have an overinflated ego and view of your own performance in general.

Socrethar is a haven for holy paladins, having the ability to swap beacons at negligible cost to 2 gift targets to stabilize their health pools and AW/prism being up for every two Apocalypse casts. You simply weren't beacon swapping and hitting Prism at the right time, while constantly hitting your heals directly on beaconed targets.

In short, your problem isn't that you are bad on the meters, but your knowledge of the class and encounter mechanics are sorely and painfully lacking - but this isn't even the crux of the issue; it's that it seems you honestly believe yourself to be a big shot and respected holy paladin player nobody knows nor really want to care, if you *really* want to know how to improve yourself as a holy paladin, first improve yourself as a human being. Reading up on the dunning-kruger effect is a good place to start.

Otherwise, you can content yourself with naming and shaming the people who are more than justified to disallow you from looting with your ignorable, no, negative contribution by inflating the boss health, and live in the delusion that you are doing well enough to be recognized by your peers as a suitably skilled healer.
    Man, I like you a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by scmeck View Post
    what is the gift u are speaking of? someone care to explain?Only thing i can relate to is intuition gift trinket but how is this related to swaping beacons?

You beacon yourself when you have gift, but you could hvae cast it on someone else when gift expired.
    Halp my brainis full of ????

Deleted
    Healing Meters might not matter. But then again, when you play your Paladin properly and don't stand around doing nothing, you'll just top them by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrang View Post
    what is the gift u are speaking of? someone care to explain?Only thing i can relate to is intuition gift trinket but how is this related to swaping beacons?

Halp my brainis full of ????
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=184124/gift-of-the-manari