Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Don't know why we can't have a glyph to just be in normal human form, no effects or anything.
    Because we are druids. Play another class if you do not like being in a form.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

I feel the whole theme of calling the sun moon and stars is out of the druids lore, calling the moon and stars is a Priestess of Elune thing, not a Druid thing, Its never been a druid thing, Once I even reimagined Balance, to balance between the dream and physical azeroth, instead of the moon and the sun, with colors bright green/yellow for the dream and purple/yellow for azeroth instead of silver/blue and white/yellow. that would make much more sense, as the energy attacks the KotF and the druid of the talon in WC3 follow this color pattern and theme. I think moonfire and Starfire were a mistake, since vanilla.
    "Welcome to MMO-C, where most posters would rather play semantics, pick faults or just flat out fail at reading comprehension so they can argue with you over an issue that wasn't even in the original post."
    -Kronik85

Quote Originally Posted by Bawk View Post
    Because we are druids. Play another class if you do not like being in a form.

Malfurion is a druid, please feel free to get lost.

I'll play the balance druid that came out in vanilla without a moonkin form before that crap was introduced. You can stick to your silly fantasy that all druids are shapeshifters and all their gameplay must involve shapeshifting.

And by shapeshifting we mean pressing a button to put you in a form that does absolutely nothing to your gameplay besides a passive damage boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Malfurion is a druid, please feel free to get lost.
    He's an Archdruid who permanently has Moonkin like wings on his arms and generally doesn't conform to normal Druid standards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He's an Archdruid who permanently has Moonkin like wings on his arms and generally doesn't conform to normal Druid standards.
    But that would be a really cool moonkin form.

Or please, Blizzard, just let us customize it like you did for the updated feral forms.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

moonkin? Huth that's a bit of a stretch - the feathers could be harpy, like the talon, and the closeness to Avianna - as you know Malfurion and the druids could still commune with the ancients and demi-gods in the emerald dream.

I must admit though many people have asked to have a balance form similar to Malfurion's transformation, i.e. antlers, feathers and taloned feet..but hmm. the feathers could be moonkin, but they seem more tied with a flight form than a moonkin but .. they could be. afterall the feathers are in a similar position.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    moonkin? Huth that's a bit of a stretch - the feathers could be harpy, like the talon, and the closeness to Avianna - as you know Malfurion and the druids could still commune with the ancients and demi-gods in the emerald dream.
    Visually, they look pretty much exactly the same as the ones on Moonkins. We have no way of telling what kind of wings they really are.

WTB moose antlers customization for my tauren that show up in moonkin form as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing that bothers me the most about moonkin form despite the HD update is the stupid gaping beak thing it has going on- Moonkins are Owlbeasts/Owlbears, they look more like turkeys than owls :/

Sooooo with the new OwlCat models out I did a quick 5 min photoshop job-

Buuuut then the problem with Owlbeasts is that they don't really seem very caster-esque in my opinion

Is it just me? or do you think that blizzard should've chosen differently for the balance form? and is it too late to change it or at least give a few more alternatives - and make a whole in-depth lore thing about it.

I never new why they went for that creature, but I think the Dryad(female) and Keeper of the Grove (male) i.e. Sons & daughters of Cenarius model would have been perfect, and moonkin the glyph.

As it stands atm, you can be Astral form or Moonkin form, it'd be cool if the lore supported that and the possibility of Cenarion form as the 3 alternatives for balance druids , and even make lore on the 3 schools. Like perhaps moonkin formed druids specialized in Lunar spells, whiles Cenarion ones in Solar spells, - Astral were balanced leaning more on the utility side. And players could pick which form they wanted to go with and each had some slightly different perk.
    A keeper of the grove look would be pretty cool. It could even have a Gallop ability that acts like a mount so you never have to leave the form if you don't want to.

I would have prefer a creature like cenarius or like his ppl forget what their called lol that stag thing in heroes of the storm xd

Quote Originally Posted by Emmique View Post
    Thing that bothers me the most about moonkin form despite the HD update is the stupid gaping beak thing it has going on- Moonkins are Owlbeasts/Owlbears, they look more like turkeys than owls :/

Sooooo with the new OwlCat models out I did a quick 5 min photoshop job-
    http://i.imgur.com/tdyaziN.png
    That actually looks much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    That actually looks much better.
    it does.. the main problem is as Emmique says, they don't look very caster-ish.. but then they never were, were they, they were feral creatures... and they were what you had to beat to get the bear spirit and acquire bear form in classic. So the moonkin was linked with Bear form. I still think it was picked because Caydiem found them cute.

the problem with the moonkin is its expression, it looks dumb.. look at the owlcat super-imposition that Emmique does - immediately it looks much better because it looks cunning, predatory and intellligent - the moonkin head is more turkey /chicken than it is owl, - those birds have their eyes to the side. Birds of prey, like owls, eagles, falcon, have their eyes infront.. owls have large eyes making them appear wise..

moonkin are normally called great big chicken or turkey because of the head..if it had a predatory owl face, they would be called owl. and a whole lot of Owl nick names would come from it.

They've re-designed the form, and kept the oafsih looking face and expression

How very disappointing. Even though we're all glad for the resolution upgrade.

Cenarians = much better choice for me. Boils down to please give us a glyph of the Cenarian - females will go dryad, males go keeper.

it does.. the main problem is as Emmique says, they don't look very caster-ish.. but then they never were, were they, they were feral creatures... and they were what you had to beat to get the bear spirit and acquire bear form in classic. So the moonkin was linked with Bear form. I still think it was picked because Caydiem found them cute.

the problem with the moonkin is its expression, it looks dumb.. look at the owlcat super-imposition that Emmique does - immediately it looks much better because it looks cunning, predatory and intellligent - the moonkin head is more turkey /chicken than it is owl, - those birds have their eyes to the side. Birds of prey, like owls, eagles, falcon, have their eyes infront.. owls have large eyes making them appear wise..

moonkin are normally called great big chicken or turkey because of the head..if it had a predatory owl face, they would be called owl. and a whole lot of Owl nick names would come from it.

They've re-designed the form, and kept the oafsih looking face and expression

How very disappointing. Even though we're all glad for the resolution upgrade.

Cenarians = much better choice for me. Boils down to please give us a glyph of the Cenarian - females will go dryad, males go keeper.
    Agree with everything from feral creatures to resolution upgrade. The issue with a "cenarion form" is how would you differentiate it for the other races? Dryads and Keepers of the Grove have a Night Elf appearance. I would prefer having a permanent buff cast on us that granted a greater affinty for astral and nature magic (and polymorph immunity) and not having any form whatsoever. Although I wouldn't be opposed to having our default humanoid form take on animal features like Malfurion, regardless of spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would've preferred a Furbolg, but Wildkin is fine. Stuff like Dryads would be a bit too Elvish for Tauren and Trolls.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well all Druid forms other than Tree are based on animals...and tree form wasn't around in vanilla...so...what other animal would make sense? Aren't a whole lot of animals that walk on two feet and have some type of hand like appendages to use to cast spells.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I would've preferred a Furbolg, but Wildkin is fine. Stuff like Dryads would be a bit too Elvish for Tauren and Trolls.
    I didn't even think about Furbolg when I made my post below...but I suppose since Furbolg are sentient and not as much as a animal...plus they're kinda like walking bears...maybe they didn't want that since tanks are Bears.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about 10 years too late to change it now.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I didn't even think about Furbolg when I made my post below...but I suppose since Furbolg are sentient and not as much as a animal...plus they're kinda like walking bears...maybe they didn't want that since tanks are Bears.
    More importantly, they're sapient bears. Druids generally only transform into sentient but non-sapient animals, with the exception of Restoration, which transforms into sapient plants.

All bears are sentient, including RL ones.

I've never liked it. Only played Balance after the astral glyph was introduced. Just looks so dumb.

More importantly, they're sapient bears. Druids generally only transform into sentient but non-sapient animals, with the exception of Restoration, which transforms into sapient plants.

All bears are sentient, including RL ones.
    yeah.. but that's for the feral forms, that distinction shouldn't hold true for balance or resto - resto already got a tree, changing the animal distinction - and well, who says balance has to be sentient but not sapient? Druids are the master shapeshifters - because of game balance limitations we don't have player druids chanigng other people into animals, something a druid can do, nor do we see that many form options.

Ideally, they'd be able to take the form of whatever they want - but in WoW lore, the form seems to be very specially tied to the discipline. Balance was originally caster only anyway, and now it's gained both moonkin and an astral form - which are cool by me, why not give options for Cenarian, Arrakkoa and maybe even a Drakonid form.

imo, it could add some interesting dimension to balnace druid lore, the forms reperesnting clubs or parties of balance druids. If balance was an entire class you could build specs around the 3 forms. Moonkin form, Astral form and Cenarian form. Each could have an alternative glyph. Moonkin could glyph to Arrakoa, Astral could glyph to a the Malfurion esque humanoid, Cenarian could glyph to Drakonid.

Alternative to Cenarians for Trolls/Tauren who feel the very elven druid class may have a far too elven looking form may instead have Magnataurs for the tauren and Cenataurs for the Trolls while worgen get the quadraped drakonids, or we could give Worgen the Centaurs and Trolls the quadraped drakonids.