Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    It's already legal in many places... are you talking about across the world, specific nations or states, what?
    It should be legal in every country in the Western world.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    So homosexuals beat God?
    I do no believe in any gods. This is a nonsensical comment.

That's a load of crap. Humans have sex for pleasure because they're rational beings. This is also seen in higher mammals like dolphins.
    Human pleasure in sex is a product of mating. Simple Google searching backs this up.

You may enjoy sex for pleasure with no desire to breed. But that doesn't mean nature or the chemical processes of sex and desirability for sex are the biological product of Mandy just liking her hoo-ha tickled.

We are stuck with the biology that got us here- despite the cultural applications we built around our default nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ioath View Post
    pssst: homosexual sex does not result in offspring.
    Psssst neither do the majority of shags young people have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Over complicating the issue and entering the realm of eugenics and forced abortions. (How else do you intend to enforce the abortion of faulty gene carriers?)
    Have the parents sign a waiver before engaging in risky activities in order for legality to ensue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Human pleasure in sex is a product of mating. Simple Google searching backs this up.

You may enjoy sex for pleasure with no desire to breed. But that doesn't mean nature or the chemical processes of sex and desirability for sex are the biological product of Mandy just liking her hoo-ha tickled.

We are stuck with the biology that got us here- despite the cultural applications we built around our default nature.
    Pleasure in sex is probably more for pair bonding than it is for mating, which is why most organisms do not experience pleasure during sex and do not engage in sex for pleasure. Pleasure from sex exists to motivate us to have sex even under non-reproductive conditions - hence, sex for 'fun' (aka pair bonding).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ioath View Post
    So much disregard for humanity in once sentence
    No. I have more regard for humanity than you do. The amount of suffering that can be prevented in the future by eliminating a single carrier is exponential. I guess you just don't care about anyone once they're out of the womb.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Have the parents sign a waiver before engaging in risky activities in order for legality to ensue.
    That would not hold up in a court for more than roughly 3.5 seconds. The time it would take the judge to make a ball out of the waiver and throw it at you. You can't pre-sign away your reproductive rights and your rights to your body. It literally won't hold.

Pleasure in sex is probably more for pair bonding than it is for mating, which is why most organisms do not experience pleasure during sex and do not engage in sex for pleasure. Pleasure from sex exists to motivate us to have sex even under non-reproductive conditions - hence, sex for 'fun' (aka pair bonding).

- - - Updated - - -

No. I have more regard for humanity than you do. The amount of suffering that can be prevented in the future by eliminating a single carrier is exponential. I guess you just don't care about anyone once they're out of the womb.
    Yeah, because you clearly know what's worse between being born with a potential defect and not being born at all.

If you start deciding who gets to breed you might as well make it illegal for women to have children after 35 due to an increase risk of Down's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah, New Jersey which overwhelmingly voted for Obama is a southern red state!

A teen and her dad moved to New Jersey just so they could get married lol.
    You're welcome to show me where I said all the states with incest legalized are southern red ones. There's some flyover red states that have it legalized as well.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That would not hold up in a court for more than roughly 3.5 seconds. The time it would take the judge to make a ball out of the waiver and throw it at you. You can't pre-sign away your reproductive rights and your rights to your body. It literally won't hold.
    Um, you're not signing away any rights. You're signing for the conduction of a specific medical procedure should it be warranted. This is something that is already done, for other procedures. You're letting emotions get in the way because there's a fetus involved.

But regardless, I don't claim that my solution is the best solution, or even a good one. A better solution can and will be found.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, because you clearly know what's worse between being born with a potential defect and not being born at all.

If you start deciding who gets to breed you might as well make it illegal for women to have children after 35 due to an increase risk of Down's.
    It's not just one individual. It's one individual, and their offspring, and their offspring, and their offspring, etc. I'm not saying we decide who gets to breed - in fact, I'm making the opposite argument. I'm arguing that everyone should be able to breed if they want, including those engaging in incest. But we should deal with potential negative consequences accordingly.

Deleted
    Might as well brand all parents as pedos and give our kids to be raised in a state controlled environment.
    Also, if the parents are pedo they probably wont give a shit if incest is illegal or not ^^

Um, you're not signing away any rights. You're signing for the conduction of a specific medical procedure should it be warranted. This is something that is already done, for other procedures. You're letting emotions get in the way because there's a fetus involved.
    I don't give a fudge about the fetus. What I'm talking about is a woman's right to carry a pregnancy to term or not if she chooses to. Abortion is an invasive medical procedure, from which you can withdraw consent until the moment it has been performed.

You can literally withdraw consent from any medical procedure until the very second it is irreversibly underway.

What if the woman signs the waiver and months later when she actually has to undergo the procedure she says no? Will you detain her, strap her down, anesthetize her and perform the procedure on her willing or not? You see the absurdity of this right?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not a suitable topic for this forum, closing this.

CLOSED.