Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Personal loot is viable so long as it is an option, guilds don't want personal loot.. If they did they would use it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Even PL in pugs needs to get some changes to kept viable, i'm noticing a growing resistance / stream of complains in the pugs i've been in again the last few resets (and esp the last reset) from players about getting only doubles as loot, not getting the piece they actually want which is a big drawback to personal loot after a few resets, and due to it, i'm seeing alot of players allready pushing for ML on tier bosses / important trinket / high ilvl weapon bosses esp in heroic pugs, but also in normal pugs its becoming more of a thing and this will only get worse the longer the tier goes on if blizzard does nog adjust system behind personal loot, which will ultimately put PL back in its pre 6.2 spot as a useless loot system if not adjusted.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the thing that pisses me off with the current PL system is how random the loot drops is. say you have a 710-715 ilvl guy in your normal pug group, a 695 piece of gear drop and gets given to the guy with much higher ilvl gear that is allready overgeared for said difficulty. the second thing that i hate with the current system is that it have a bigger chance in dropping gear you allready have, and for the rest of the bosses you dont even have a remotely chance in getting a single drop you need at all. PL need alot of work even for pug groups. i am just sick of running hfc weeks after weeks without getting gear pieces i need....

PL may be frustrating getting the wrong items week after week when joining pugs, but much better than ML and your tier token getting handed to the raidleaders buddy that shows up in HFC wearing blues...

But the idea to black list a few items would be great or have WF, socket be added to the item if you happen to already have it.
    Last edited by Hopjesvla; 2015-08-19 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopjesvla View Post
    PL may be frustrating getting the wrong items week after week when joining pugs, but much better than ML and your tier token getting handed to the raidleaders buddy that shows up in HFC wearing blues...

But the idea to black list a few items would be great or have WF, socket be added to the item if you happen to already have it.
    But how often does that actually occur? In TBC, Wrath, Cata and Mop i havent been pugging that much only pugged Wintergrasp and Tol barad raid bosses each week on a few chars, and the occasional pug to "real" raids, but since WoD came with the new and improved group finder i have been pugging almost every week since highmaul openened on some chars, and the last time i've actually encountered a ninja was in Vanilla on a Drakkisath chest piece run, and also in my guild there have been no real issues with ninja amongst my guildies, or they are very quiet about it (which i cannot imagine). Its totally shit if it happens, but i cannot image that ninja looting is as wide spread that ppl encounter it on a frequent basis as some ppl make it seem here, or i must have been very very lucky that all the weeks since highmaul opened i havent encountered one ninja looter.

Or ppl are mistaking reserved loot for ninja looting, which is as shitty as can be if its your pieces that are reserved, but not ninja looting. also with reserved items you have the choice just to not join that group.

if you'd be able to blacklist 1 item per boss it'd probably be (almost) my favorite loot system.
    made by Shyama

I dont know about your guild but items from personal loot have been awesome for our raid group.. everyone been getting what they want 90% of the time.. only few items drop that wasnt really needed. i like how personal loot works to be honnest. everyone got set items fast and its not repeat of Conq tokens none stop off same boss every week.

Deleted
    Well
    1st bad luck protection per boss not overall aka if you kill a boss multiple times chance to get a gear will increase
    2nd duplicate protection aka system would try you to give you a item who you havent obtain at first place then to give you possible extra upgrades on this item
    3th lock ML in raids for first 3 weeks of TR so no split raiding to fuel ppl and raise coins to 5 per week
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2015-08-20 at 01:56 AM.

Deleted
    Bosses should die and drop all their loot, then you will be able to only choose 1 item per week.

"Congratulations, you killed this bastard, all his loot dropped, of course, why wouldn't it?".

"It would be stupid if you killed him and most of his loot was suddently gone, innit".

Deleted
    I need to be able to trade items with my friends or it will forever be worthless.

Deleted
    Joking aside, if you had systems that gave you all your loot easily, then you would not run those bosses. Then others that need those bosses would not have you. So it's not to piss you off, it's not to overally piss everyone off.

At the end of the day, it's a game and Blizzard makes games.

They are not making raiding jobs, they're making fun games.

<3 PL. 4pc and 710 on a couple of characters from PL heroic pugging in Group Finder since the start of the tier.

Personal loot just isn't going to be attractive to guild groups where people are interested in the loot being put to the best use for the group. A priest healer wouldn't touch the complete garbage that is the "class trinket". With personal loot, a priest healer could get that wasting a loot drop as vendor trash. With master looter, that doesn't happen. My trash... another conqueror token person's treasure. The healer leech trinket only works with effect healing. Discipline priests have absorbs and almost no effective healing. The trinket is better on every other healer (and BRF trinkets are better on discipline). Personal loot.. it can be awarded to discipline and make every healer cry (discipline priest included).

As soon as you raid in a group of people where you have an ongoing interest in the group getting better and using your loot assets as best as possible, master looter is going to beat out personal unless something drastic changes with one or the other of them.

I would have made it give you fragments of loot. So even if you fail every 5th fail will create a lootbox. That lootbox will have the loot table of the 5 bosses you fail rolled the coin.

Deleted
    Two extremes, to show the predicaments of game design:

1. Boss drops ALL HIS LOOT. You can literally use everything it can drop for you, warforged included, by just killing him once.

Result: Nobody runs that boss again because people are selfish and they mainly play the game for loot and often hate it.

2. Boss drops NO LOOT. You have to either play it just for fun, or, to play via quests, like the Challenge mode quests.

Result: That has progress, but it's often almost equal to random drops especially if the quest has random drops.

I truly believe there must be a way to make it so that it's both not random but also not too easy.

For example: get "this boss'-tokens" to buy his loot and it will take a while to get all his loot.

I mean, it wouldn't keep players not playing it because it might take a while.

e.g. It might need 5 kills to get a very important trinket, but only 1 kill for a feet.

Or, it might always give a useful item on a kill but it can be any item.

But it will always be an item that is theoretically an advantage.

I just think it's cool to get rewards but also not end it soon.

We need to both have players keep playing but for a while.

So, you could give easy rewards, but over a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenno View Post
    Personal loot is viable.
    And thread.

That being said, if there was another loot method that people could use to take all the items they want off a boss, maybe I'd consider using Personal Loot instead of that one. Oh wait.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by This Sesshomaru View Post
    The blacklisting gear thing would be nice, but how would you implement it to keep people from abusing it and changing the blacklisting items as they move from one boss to the other?

Im ok with having duplicates, I mean, its pretty easy gearing up using personal, you just need a bit of luck with the drops, preventing duplicates is a bit too much imo.

The thing I think would make Personal Loot a lot better for guilds would be: Having an increased % to get a WF/Socket/Extra Stat piece when you reach a high enough ilvl for the Raid and Difficulty you're doing.
    It may sound confusing cause English isnt my first language and I suck at phrasing stuff so here's an example:
    You are raiding HFC NORMAL which drops 690-705 gear.. And you have ilvl 700, so you get an increased % to get upgraded loot using Personal. But if you go to HEROIC with ilvl 700 you lose this extra %.
    It could even appear as a buff so people can easily know if they have it or not. That way it could be an incentive to geared players having to run a lower difficulty with their guildies for whatever reason.
    You have to make the blacklist changes have at least 1 week cooldown on changes.

Deleted
    I'd like to hear ideas of making it not-random but also not ending too soon. All those random-related ideas like "make blacklists" are not really improving anything since the don't truly change the core of the system. If for example a boss didn't have a boots you don't need at all next tier, it would be identical to a boss this tier that has boots you would blacklist, so the true nature of what's going on would not change.

I just find randomness ugly in this matter. It makes no lore sense ("we killed him yet rogue thieves stole most of his loot?") and it's inherently not fun (everyone wants loot).

We need more boss-token systems or boss-atunement systems and the like. Or at least a very limited randomness (e.g. "choose between 2 items").

bring valor back.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-08-20 at 04:22 AM.