Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lock Summons need to go...

Please for the love of god remove them!

I play all classes, so I'm not saying this just because i'm tired of only being invited to world boss runs for summons (which has happened) So let me explain. The way I remember it, lock summons were only really a convenient thing to have if, say you had to replace someone in a raid, from the time I first started raiding, all the way up until MoP. Maybe it was the popularity of Destro locks in MoP, or maybe people are just getting lazier. Like i said, i play all classes, so I do Kazzak 12 times a week (i have 2 locks, one horde, one ally), and I try to be at least in Tanaan by the time I sign up. But the number of people who sign up in their garrisons and expect a summon, sometimes leaving if they can't get a summon immediately, is ridiculous. I actually got kicked from a group earlier on my gnome because i was already there, with 8-10 other people in a full raid, and when i dropped the stone, no one would help summon, so i stopped trying and the leader booted me because he wasn't even there. So for me, there are 2 reasons locks shouldn't have summons. Makes people even lazier than they already are, and there's no lore reason why locks have the ability to summon, so people can't get mad at removing it for that reason.
    Last edited by Denarius; 2015-08-17 at 12:46 AM. Reason: elaborating

man I miss have group will travel

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind if they were deleted.

I've never played a lock, but I get really tired of all the self-righteous jerks who sit in their Garrisons (or the Shrine, or Stormwind, or where ever) and expect to be summoned every time they join a group. I got myself there, you can too.

Or, at the very least, extract a price from the summonee for being summoned. 10g sounds good, more than flying for the convenience of time. And the 10g should go to the lock. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    man I miss have group will travel
    Right? Losing that was bad enough, do you realize how many raid groups would commit harakiri if lock summons went away after this long, Denarius?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    So what you're saying is...
    we should remove a highly-sought feature from a class because it's highly-sought?

I think we should take Mage's spells from them.
    Those bastards are uppity with their fireballs.

"We have no lock run here"

is literally the worst thing to see when joining a new raid.

Warlock summons are not the problem there, but players are.
    If we were to get rid of everything that players make into a poor experience, then we wouldn't have much of a game left.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Or, at the very least, extract a price from the summonee for being summoned. 10g sounds good, more than flying for the convenience of time. And the 10g should go to the lock. :P
    I could live with that instead of removal

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind if a tip culture sprung up like there is for mage portals. You're paying them for saving you on travel time, the only difference is the difference between prepaying and COD.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Yeah the mentality is horrible towards services in WoW. The same problem is ressurection. My tip is guild kick every person who seems to abuse those services.

Remove lock portals and return Have Group will Travel and i'd be happy.

Summons are just too useful and convenient.

I would like to point out though, this sort of thing is exactly why class diversity and uniqueness is going down the shitter and homogenization has taken over. When you get unique abilities like lock summon, it makes them valuable for that unique ability.

Double edged sword.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, lets remove unique things about classes, while at it, lets remove mages conjure water/food and rogues poisons etc

No, lets not
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

They need to remove it and summoning stone. Both of these things are what is causing people to be lazy. If flying cause the world feel smaller, Instant port cause Wow to not feel like a world.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

I wouldn't mind if they were deleted.

I've never played a lock, but I get really tired of all the self-righteous jerks who sit in their Garrisons (or the Shrine, or Stormwind, or where ever) and expect to be summoned every time they join a group. I got myself there, you can too.

I love the "I don't have rocket/chopper" line myself. I'm like dude that's like the 2nd quest you get when you make your outpost! I really hate to say it but if I can run/ride my happy butt there then the rest of them can to. The only time I drop my stone is when some a$$hat mage does that portal crap then wants to talk about "noobs shouldn't have clicked it". If I was leader they'd get das boot!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that hard to summon people. I wish they'd give summons to hunters. I'd do it without complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    They need to remove it and summoning stone. Both of these things are what is causing people to be lazy. If flying cause the world feel smaller, Instant port cause Wow to not feel like a world.
    Because there's not already instant porting with LFR, Dungeons and Battlegrounds.

Features that cause people to spend time for the sake of spending time are an endangered species for good reason. WoW isn't a Korean MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korshay View Post
    Because there's not already instant porting with LFR, Dungeons and Battlegrounds.

Features that cause people to spend time for the sake of spending time are an endangered species for good reason. WoW isn't a Korean MMO.
    I agree with this, as much as the awesome exploration vanilla brought is a nice, fond memory to look back on if we had to endure that for all these years we'd all be absolutely sick to death of crossing the world for every menial chore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    It's not that hard to summon people. I wish they'd give summons to hunters. I'd do it without complaint.
    I wasn't saying it was hard, I'm saying I shouldn't have to summon 25/40 people to Kazzak. If I'm expected to run there and drop a stone, no matter where I am, (normally already there before I que) Then others should be expected to run there from their garrisons. It takes me 3 minutes to get to throne on my laptop (most of that is loading screens) porting from garrison to Warspear, Warspear to Vol'mar, and a rocket ride to throne.

I remember in TBC when Tempest Keep was the hotness Warlocks telling people "sorry I didn't spec summons"......and they believed them.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Your reasons for removing them is none sensical, so what they're lazy, punish them for it? Up yours just deal with it