Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Comming back to D3

Hey,

yesterday i played after like 1 year again some Diablo 3. 2 questions:

1. In torment difficulty its only the % gold and % xp changing when i read the description ...so the rest is always the same for all difficulties (Torment 1-6)?

2. To me it seams like if you cant start a season from day one, its not really worth it to start a char like for example now (7 days to next season) ..is that correct?

Thx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    To me it seams like if you cant start a season from day one, its not really worth it to start a char like for example now (7 days to next season)
    Season 3 ends in (less than) 7 days on the 23rd yeah, but season 4 starts on the 28th.

There's not much point in starting a new S3 character right now, unless you feel like rushing to get the seasonal rewards. However, once season 4 has started, it matters little if you didn't start it on the 28th. The leaderboards (solo included) are dominated by people who run 4man games almost constantly, so unless you've got an active group to do that you can forget about those. You can start a S4 character well into the season.

Side note on leaderboards: they're not needed until you want to really push yourself - all rewards are not tied to them, and require to advance only to a "standard" GR level (around 40). So you're not losing anything if you're not competing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

1. Legendary drop rates also go up in higher torments, and in a few weeks when the new season starts torment will go up to 10 instead of 6. There are also many legendaries that only drop on at least torment 1, so you won't see them on lower difficulties. Don't worry much about difficulties though since once you get your set bonus going and a decent weapon you will be able to blow through at least the lower torments very easily with any ghetto build. It's 6-10 where you want to really dive deep and go for specific items and stats for efficiency.

2. Absolutely not true. If anything I would advise anyone to start a few weeks/months into the season because you can level up your new season character in 20 or so minutes asking in chat if you can leech someone's rift farm, and once you are 70 you can hop into public games to leech drops/quests and get your build started. You can do in a few days what you do in a few weeks if you start later on in the season. Really, don't worry about starting late one bit.

Also I wouldn't worry about leaderboards. As someone said it is dominated by people that do everything very efficiently in full groups like farming and leveling gems much higher than solo players. You can't really compete with that as a mostly solo player unless you get insanely lucky or figure out a meta before everyone else or something. Really don't worry about this either, if you play a lot you will eventually end up somewhere on the board anyway, just not very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    2. Absolutely not true. If anything I would advise anyone to start a few weeks/months into the season because you can level up your new season character in 20 or so minutes asking in chat if you can leech someone's rift farm, and once you are 70 you can hop into public games to leech drops/quests and get your build started. You can do in a few days what you do in a few weeks if you start later on in the season. Really, don't worry about starting late one bit.
    Just another side note: while it's not an issue starting some time after season started, new season journal requires some more efffort to be completed compared to the seasons up to 3 to get all the rewards. We don't really know atm what the tasks are, and i assume it won't be anything strange like "kill 2 billions goblins" or "do GR 75 solo without sets", but nontheless will require some time.

Starting a couple of weeks or even a month after may not be an issue, but starting the last 2 weeks may be a problem

true, i have gotten to a point on ptr where one of my season journey quests is to complete a conquest, and they definitely arent easy this time around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hard, but doable

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back, be aware that Season 3 ends in a few days, with Season 4 starting near the weekend next week with a quite impressive patch in between those points. You should definitely try it out if you'd like an entirely fresh game where you have no paragon exp, money, loot or artisans leveled up. Seasons as you might already know offer some exclusive awards that will be available in regular mode only after the season ends. Have fun!

1. torment 6 drops more loot then T1.
    Soon T10 will be here, and that will probably have even better drop %.

2. id say if there is a month left of a seasonal just dont bother, unless you really want to gather seasonal rewards before end.
    And yes new season starts around august 28 i think.

I didnt say impossible. I said not easy. Last seasons collect 'metric fuckton of gold in streak" was easy. These require a fair amount of effort. So as cold said, last 2 weeks of season may be difficult

Eh, if they start pushin the season journey around "go up GR levels as high as possible" on most stuff i won't be that happy; i'm not a huge fan of grifts.

How many tiers of rewards are present? it's like 4 or 20?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Eh, if they start pushin the season journey around "go up GR levels as high as possible" on most stuff i won't be that happy; i'm not a huge fan of grifts.

How many tiers of rewards are present? it's like 4 or 20?
    Well I know the earliest journeys are nothing of the sort. But I'd expect to see some of those in the harder ones, hopefully not as high as levels 50 and up.

the highests Ive SEEN people talk about required a t9 4 minute rift, 75 cubed legs, gr 50 solo, 2 conquests.

From that i would GUESS there is at least one more for a gr 60, 100 legs, 3 conquests, anda t10 x min rift.

The thing to remember about season journey, and I cant stress it enough. The first step is where you get the pet. After that seems to all be slight upgrade to portrait. As far as grifts go, they are a whole different animal this seaosn. no more trials. choose your level. and they retuned a bit for the bosses to not scale so insanely high. i hit 53 on ptr without much issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aygar View Post
    Hard, but doable
    Greater rift 60 mostly solo, without being carried in 4man groups throughout the season is just asinine. I'm seriously getting tired of this "push people to groups and raids because social is so awesome" -mentality at Blizzard. If those are requirements for the seasonal journey then I guess fuck that then.

OK this is getting dumb.

1. It is optional. You don't have to do season at all.
    2. The first season journey steps are extremely easy. It is seriously like no nephalim left behind level of easy. This is where you get the exclusive pet and starting portrait.
    3. ALL ADDITIONAL LEVELS of the journey only update the portrait in a very small way. completely cosmetic and not a push in any way.
    4. It is highly likely that 60 is the highest level to push for finishing the journey. This is not as difficult as you are assuming it to be. Compared to previous seasons, grifts are easier. Not only were the bosses retuned to be less rng punishments. The cube powers let you really demolish things.
    5. The ONLY part that iw ould say is pushing for groups, is the 3-4 minute rift steps simply because it will take a group to complete on higher levels.

Blizzards mentality is just fine. They are trying to give some sort of progression path for those who enjoy doing that sort of thing. if you don't enjoy it then don't do it. But to get butthurt because time was put into a feature you aren't fond of means the only mentality in question, is your own. Especially when that systems only reward is a couple of extra dots and maybe a ribbon to your portrait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    OK this is getting dumb.
    Yeah, this, as in creating more and more incentives to push people into playing Diablo 3 as multiplayer, has been dumb ever since they decided that their single player game - which it is, since it requires absolutely no interaction with people to accomplish 99.999% of what is in the game - with an added multiplayer option, should be played multiplayer mostly or only.

I mean, sure, their campaign to alienate people who mostly, and I mean vast majority of the time, play alone or with 1-2 RL friends started back in 2005-2006 in WoW, when they decided that people who raid are worthy, and fuck the rest. However, Diablo 2 never required you to play with anyone, and if you wanted, you could play offline, alone, and use the /players X command, which was put in because there were so many solo players out there, who didn't like the fact that they were being artificially pushed into multiplayer games to get any XP whatsoever. Clearly, in Diablo 3, they decided that screw those people, even if they were the majority, which I'm not saying they, we, were. Let's instead indoctrinate people into this Facebook Twitter Instagram Social Awesome Kumbaya Circlejerk Community we've got going on by adding every single carrot and incentive we can think of that pushes people towards it.

1. It is optional. You don't have to do season at all.
    Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah blah. This is the most asinine argument ever used, and it gets used all the time. You're not allowed to play the game you'd like to play, so hey, here's an idea, instead of continuing to want to play it that way, just quit playing. And obviously this is the go-to line used by people who are fine with the situation. What do they care? They're happy scratching their ass with the stick they've got.

But see here's the problem... If one wants A, and the optimal route to get there is B, and the alternative C is so piss poor that it's a waste of time to do and makes you feel like shit every second of doing it because you feel like you're being purposefully shat on, let alone the only route being B and no C route even existing, then people who still want A are going to go with B. It's pretty damn simple.

And you know what, if A was a Diablo clone that doesn't push you to some moronic social interactions with random people you really don't need to be interacting with, then you're absolutely right; people would choose to say fuck Diablo 3 and play Path of Exile, for example. Which, frankly, is what myself and everyone I know who plays D3 have been doing for the past few months. However, for me A isn't just any Diablo clone, it's Diablo 3 itself, and I would just love to see the game be in a state where people who actually put the time in, without having their useless asses carried by 3 other people 24/7, could compete on the leaderboards during seasons, and could finish the achievements and challenges.

2. The first season journey steps are extremely easy. It is seriously like no nephalim left behind level of easy. This is where you get the exclusive pet and starting portrait.
    Yeah. The first hit is always free, isn't it.

4. It is highly likely that 60 is the highest level to push for finishing the journey. This is not as difficult as you are assuming it to be. Compared to previous seasons, grifts are easier. Not only were the bosses retuned to be less rng punishments. The cube powers let you really demolish things.
    Dude I've been on the PTR on my characters plenty. If you get to GR60 solo during a season, good on you. But see, that's the thing. If you do it solo, you did it because you simply got lucky as hell with perfect drops, or you played 10 hours a day, or a combination of both. Whereas people who start the season being carried by 3 other people from the get go, being able to run higher difficulties instantly, being able to trade drops, and all of the several other asinine advantages you've got when running 4man compared to solo (some of which I listed in this thread on the official forums), have it much much easier, and will get there without having as much luck and without having to spend as much time playing the game.

Blizzards mentality is just fine.
    That's, like, your opinion, man.

They are trying to give some sort of progression path for those who enjoy doing that sort of thing.
    While taking away something from the rest of us. I get it.

if you don't enjoy it then don't do it. But to get butthurt because time was put into a feature you aren't fond of means the only mentality in question, is your own. Especially when that systems only reward is a couple of extra dots and maybe a ribbon to your portrait.
    First of all, I couldn't give two shits about achievements or ribbons or dots. What I care about is the what Blizzard's core agenda is, both in WoW and in Diablo 3, and how it will continue to the upcoming expansions and next games and so on. At this rate, we're looking at you having to find a clan before you can even log in to Overwatch to play it, or some other stupid shit like that. The ship system in WoD is a great recent example of their "Oh hey let's all go make new friends yay!" BS mindset; they could've just added all the ship tools as rare mob drops but no, they had to put two (at least) behind a raid boss.

Secondly, there are plenty of people out there who care a lot about ribbons and dots, who are completionists at heart. You have no say over whether they get to want what they want.

Thirdly, if you think I'm the only person who plays Diablo 3 mostly solo, and would like the entire product to be available via solo play, then I don't know what to say.

Anyways, I've wasted enough time venting to a random, irrelevant string of characters on a forum. Don't get me wrong, I do it for my own benefit, not yours, but I'm done here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Hey,

yesterday i played after like 1 year again some Diablo 3. 2 questions:

1. In torment difficulty its only the % gold and % xp changing when i read the description ...so the rest is always the same for all difficulties (Torment 1-6)?

2. To me it seams like if you cant start a season from day one, its not really worth it to start a char like for example now (7 days to next season) ..is that correct?

Thx
    For 1, you get additional Blood Shards from rift bosses per difficulty increase, as well as increased legendary drop chance per difficulty increase.

For 2, Season 3 has exclusive shinies, being the Diablo pennant, and the Diablo portrait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Ok, stop personal attacks before it goes out of hand.

However, i agree that the game atm is too much biased towards group play. It's not like solo play is not fun or is bad or not rewarding enough, but group play has a lot of bonuses too big to pass over.

If anything i'd reduce a little the group bonuses. However, no bonuses would mean that group play become less optimal and everyone would just play solo. In any case, Blizzard needs to consider solo players because they represent a huge part of the community - most gropup play is done via public party and not by organized/premade groups.

Bringing closer solo and party rewards can do only better for the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Greater rift 60 mostly solo, without being carried in 4man groups throughout the season is just asinine. I'm seriously getting tired of this "push people to groups and raids because social is so awesome" -mentality at Blizzard. If those are requirements for the seasonal journey then I guess fuck that then.
    I just did grift 62 solo on PTR without much issue. There is a higher droprate on PTR though, but still with the new powercreep from Kanai and new sets grift 60+ is easy mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Bringing closer solo and party rewards can do only better for the game.
    I agree fully. I have nothing against people running multiplayer if that's how they enjoy the game most, and I love to run games with an RL friend or a couple online friends every now and then as well, although as it stands, multiplayer, at least with randoms, pretty much every time (of the few times) I have tried it, typically boils down to everyone running around at crazy speeds every which way, and the slower people have to try and keep up lest be left behind, and as such I would always, always prefer to play solo, or with just one friend with whom I have a clear understanding of how we advance and that there's no rushing anywhere.

The problem with the system isn't that there is an option for multiplayer. The problem with the system is that there's an insane incentive gap favoring running 4man games. There's a reason, however, why incentives towards multiplayer games exist; if it was truly a 1:1 system, where it didn't matter at all whether you played solo, 2man, 3man or 4man, as far as gaining experience, being able to beat higher GR and getting drops go, then the vast, vast majority would be running solo almost constantly, not because it would be more effective, but because they would enjoy playing solo more. But Blizzard decided they want people to play a certain way, and that way is with other people. They keep repeating that they want people to play however they want, but it's clearly not the agenda they're pushing. So, they added incentives to run multiplayer, and they went completely overboard with it. People like to bring up some vanilla era discrepancy between playing multiplayer and solo, where solo was more efficient, but that has absolutely nothing to do with how RoS works, so it's irrelevant. Proof that Blizzard is indeed pushing this social group agenda, and not trying to avoid solo from being the more efficient play mode, is in the fact that they've taken absolutely no steps during the past year or more of people complaining about the gap, towards trying to balance things out. Things like making the followers be a bit more interesting and useful, and their response has been something like "we're not interested in buffing the followers because we want people to play multiplayer" or along those lines.

It would be fine, if they advertised the game as requiring a clan or a community or three other people to play with, and if they didn't falsely keep saying that they want us to play however we want to, because that's an outright lie. If they were honest and upfront about it, then at least when I was thinking of buying the game, I might've decided not to.

They've been placating people on the forums about this issue for months now, albeit with only one or two responses here and there. They have said though, that they're looking at how they can fix the situation, which is at least an admission that there is a situation, that there is an issue. Patch 2.3 brings absolutely no changes to that effect however, so it remains to be seen whether their responses have been hot air, bullshit and lies.