10+ Year Old Account

Classes Worth Revisiting? AKA: Most Fun Classes?

Hey Guys!

Since I've been away for awhile, I've only recently scratched the surface of all the changes. I've mainly been retracing my old steps and just fiddling around. I left before all the Class changes where they revamped the talent trees and made everything linear, so I've got a lot to learn.

After dinking around on my Shadow-Infiltration (I think I'm going to give my Imperial characters a break for awhile), I loaded up my Guardian and have been playing him most of the time. I used to play Guardian as a "Smasher" in the Focus spec, and I've seen they've pretty much changed that mechanic. By now I'm comfortable with the change and gathered enough courage to look at the other 2 specs and am super interested in trying them out now.

So my question is...what Classes went through dramatic overhauls and are more fun to play? Also, what are generally fun Class/Specs that you all enjoy playing?

I think mostly hybrids were killed but as far as dramatic overhaul for combat. None of the full builds seemed far off to me that playing them again would create a different feeling.

However, as far as classes that I loved and would play again. I'd roll another sniper today if I had the time. That class and story hit all the good spots for me.

Most fun classes to me are Focus/ Rage Guardian/ Juggernaut with Operative/ Scoundrel coming in second.

I just can't get over how much fun I have with the Force Leap ability and the Stealth Backstabbing/ Shotgun Blasting.

Others are also fun, Mercenary being up there, but for me it's all about aesthetics and those abilities are just awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they make the "Scrapper" spec viable for the Scoundrel? I remember it being a one trick pony that died off right after the opener.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Imperial Agent - Operative
    Jedi Knight - Sentinel (Watchman: kind of tricky at first, but the damage done is awesome. Watching stuff melt is great)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    PT for pvp right before the rail shot nerf.
    IA before the Acid Blade nerf.

Sniper - Engineering tree.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Jedi Knight - Sentinel (Watchman: kind of tricky at first, but the damage done is awesome. Watching stuff melt is great)
    Yeah, I've heard that Watchman is tricky but rewarding. I plan to level one up before KotFE to check it out for myself (I think it's #3 on my list right now after my lightside jugg, and a smuggler because I still haven't ever played one)

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played anything but watchman. It's keeping track of a lot of short DoTs while still doing all your melee moves and what not, and when to use certain cooldowns. Probably one of the more "difficult" classes to play, and I say difficult like that because nothing is that hard to learn.

It's not raid geared, but in full 192's, everything pretty much melts when DoTs are rolling. 11k+ merciless slashes are fun too.

It may be FOTM'ish but I am having a literal blast playing Sorcerer. There is something so visceral about winding up and unleashing Thundering Blast on something. I knew there is a lot of people playing this class right now, and I purposely saved it for last to avoid being just another Sorcerer, but damn...now I understand some of the reasons. While it is very easy to play, more than that it's just plain fun. And isn't that what games are supposed to be about anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    It may be FOTM'ish but I am having a literal blast playing Sorcerer. There is something so visceral about winding up and unleashing Thundering Blast on something. I knew there is a lot of people playing this class right now, and I purposely saved it for last to avoid being just another Sorcerer, but damn...now I understand some of the reasons. While it is very easy to play, more than that it's just plain fun. And isn't that what games are supposed to be about anyway?
    It was so sad when they nerfed Force Storm. It was just so awesome. I'm pretty sure I went multiple missions where that was the only spell I cast, and it was still amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I always found Sith Assassin to be a lot of fun, but that was...a long time ago.

(So dominating in Huttball, though!)

This was one of my favorite classes of old. I really enjoyed the Deception/Madness hybrid spec, but the Darkness/Madness Hybrid also proved a lot of fun when you wanted to be very close to invincible. My only complaint was the combat flow in longer fights, in which case I preferred the Marauder for its breakneck playstyle. The Assassin required the player to throttle their intensity, where as the Marauder could just crank it up to 11 and blast away.

I will say though, the Sentinels/Marauders I've played against the past few nights don't feel quite as potent as I remember. It could be the players though.

Shaman!... wait... wrong forum.

I'll leave now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I shied away from Marauder at release because I mostly PvPed and it seemed like - if I were to go with that class - Warrior was more durable, had more utility, and could still smash people. (I guess they broke that spec, though?)
    Yeah, Smash is definitely gone the way of the Dodo. Right now in PvP my Smash hits for about 3-4K. The trade-off is that there appears to be a new "Bread & Butter" ability that's a single target Force ability that hits for 8-10K damage. So the Rage/Focus Tree is still viable imo, I've topped the Damage Dealt charts in the majority of matches I've been in recently.

Most fun I'd say Sorcerer or Marauder. Best story is between Warrior and Agent for me.

Agent. They have so many possibilities on chapter 2 and 3. I think i have leveled 3 agents so far and it never ceases to amuse me.