Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Do you forgive people?

Greetings and salutations my lovely champions! It's good to see you today. I hope you are all fine and dandy.

I've been thinking lately: Time heals anything, even the most painful wounds, and sometimes, these wounds come from other people.

Sometimes, people make you feel bad, whether by cheating on you, by betraying your trust on them, etc.

But, after some time, do you forgive these people? Or you completely remove them from your life?

If you forgive, do you restore your trust on them?

See you soon!

Deleted
    No. I never forgive. Well, until someone pays me to.

Money is a great argument.

Deleted
    complete and utter rubbish

nothing feels better than long term revenge

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends entirely what they've done. Generally, yes, I eventually forgive. Restoring trust takes a long time though.

No.

I will never forgive my ex wife for the horrible way she made me feel, for degrading me, for making me feel like I was meaningless when I slaved 14 hour long shifts, how she taunted me for being molested as a child.

No, I will never forgive her. 9 years does not make a difference on that opinion, once you've destroyed your humanity, you get no second chance.

Yes, I forgive basically anyone who apologizes.

Well, except one person because they haven't made an attempt to give a genuine apology, they just go from "we're cool" to "YOU'RE THE WORST THING SINCE CANCER" for literally no reason.

Trust just comes back with proving they're trustworthy again.

7+ Year Old Account
    It really depends. On the person. on the betrayal/what they did. But i am not willing to give more than 2nd chances. If they dont even care to apologize, their perfidious asses can go to hell.
    Last edited by IcyScales; 2015-08-17 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted
    I'm a very forgiving person. Lifes too short to hold grudges

Generally yeah unless it's a pretty egregious offence. It's more laziness than anything, holding grudges and being angry all the time is just so exhausting. If someone is a serial offender though I'll have no qualms cutting them out of my life, not maliciously, just becoming increasingly indifferent to them to the point that we don't see or interact with each other much, if at all.

I forgive others plenty.
    But I've removed myself from the life of others because I've been an ass to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive, but never forget. There is an important difference between those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Forgive, but never forget. There is an important difference between those two.
    You elephant you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Always.
    People make mistakes, I know I do.
    When the mistake is constant and intentional then I start to lose faith in the person.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I often forgive, but once trust is gone from a relationship it's very very hard to get back. And it will never be the same as it once was.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've given me a reason to forgive you, then I've already written you off as a loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Depends

generally no

if they hurt you once chances are they'll hurt you again

Deleted
    Nope. Never forgive. Once someone has betrayed me and/or my trust, they're dead to me. Even if it's family.

Deleted
    That would depend on what they did and how close to me they are.

Time doesn't heal anything. The experiences you have as time passes make the previous thing easier to handle.

And, there are a couple people who would see my wrath 20 years after the fact. But, 99.99% of the time I either forgive or move on.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I'm very unforgiving person. I'm nice person but if you are an ass to me, I will never forget about it, you will have to put alot of energy and effort to get my forgive though.