Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So with the buffed horde racials...

Will you guys be switching over to hord? If so what is your class and what race are you going to switch to? I quit playing wow 8 months ago but may consider coming back to see the new xpac and to play as horde again!

I don't know, lets just see what the Alliance racial buffs bring. Since, lets be honest, horde racials already were way better than alliance's. they can't stand behind even more...

I dont think they will be buffing the alliance racial's since they were just buffed not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by paluman View Post
    I don't know, lets just see what the Alliance racial buffs bring. Since, lets be honest, horde racials already were way better than alliance's. they can't stand behind even more...
    is there negative mmr? do you have minus 1000 mmr?

these buffs are clearly ALL pvp orientated and might have the tiniest pve effects, while in pvp EVERYONE is human and alliance dominates pvp, the sad part it this won't change anything alliance will continue to dominate pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    is there negative mmr? do you have minus 1000 mmr?

these buffs are clearly ALL pvp orientated and might have the tiniest pve effects, while in pvp EVERYONE is human and alliance dominates pvp, the sad part it this won't change anything alliance will continue to dominate pvp.
    How would alliance continue to dominate pvp if everyone switches to horde? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    How would alliance continue to dominate pvp if everyone switches to horde? lol
    because nobody is switching to horde because of these minor changes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer View Post
    because nobody is switching to horde because of these minor changes ...
    Not from what I have heard... A lot of people are already planning on switching back once the patch goes live.

I think that even if taurens get an 8 sec stun, and so on for the other Horde racials, some will stick to it and sing the mantra " EMFH is overpowered and makes most games/BGs for all the player base ". I just hope that if we ever go back to the situation when Horde globally dominated PVP, Alliance will have enough voices to spend their time making claims and asumptions everywhere about " Horde racials OP ".

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    I think that even if taurens get an 8 sec stun, and so on for the other Horde racials, some will stick to it and sing the mantra " EMFH is overpowered and makes most games/BGs for all the player base ". I just hope that if we ever go back to the situation when Horde globally dominated PVP, Alliance will have enough voices to spend their time making claims and asumptions everywhere about " Horde racials OP ".
    Ehh idk alliance had EMFH even when everyone was horde. The blood elf racial and tauren both I think would be much better in terms of setting up kills with silences and stuns. You can counter human burst by counter burst or CC. Not to mention the horde is just so much cooler lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing Alliance since the start of WoD, and recently switched my human priest over to blood elf priest for the sole purpose of doing RBGs with a long lost guild I played with two years ago and finally ran into again. It wasn't planned, but hearing of the racial changes is a definite plus for me.

Personally, I don't care which faction I'm playing so long as I'm not losing constantly (I like to do a lot of random battlegrounds and Ashran so it does matter to me). I have a human rogue I have been PvP'ing with as well that I will still play.

My biggest hope is that the mercenary changes make win/loss ratio between the factions more balanced and queues times shorter for Alliance.

Current proportion:
    Alliance 96.5% (3618)
    Horde 3.5% (130)

Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    Ehh idk alliance had EMFH even when everyone was horde. The blood elf racial and tauren both I think would be much better in terms of setting up kills with silences and stuns. You can counter human burst by counter burst or CC. Not to mention the horde is just so much cooler lol.
    Yep, but before WoD horde had the enginnering gloves to even the scales. Also, at the end of S15 there were more alliance players than horde players on top rating, so please stop with this "everyone played horde" talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    EMFH was only good before the buff to the Medallions.. Since the huge buff to those it's pretty much changing the power, although the power is still alli for now.. Once 6.2.2 hits it's game over.

I'll go wherever BGs are not frustrating. Still alliance.

Horde needed buffs. No way Blizzard could ever bring any sort of balance to the PvP scene without the power shifting sides. People pay for advantage, not for equality.

We can only hope that, with these Horde Racial Buffs, we see an increase in the PvP Horde population and that, once there is some sort of balance between the two factions, that Racial Skills are, once and for all, disabled in Competitive PvP environments.

Even though my conspiracy-theorist side insists in making me believe that, in the end, all this Faction jumping, power from one side to the other, benefits Activision-Blizzard way too much for them to kill the goose that lays the golden egg that is Paid Faction Changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Current proportion:
    Alliance 96.5% (3618)
    Horde 3.5% (130)

Yep, but before WoD horde had the enginnering gloves to even the scales. Also, at the end of S15 there were more alliance players than horde players on top rating, so please stop with this "everyone played horde" talk.
    I dont know when you started playing wow but when I started in BC it was even with horde having an advantage after BC horde deff became the popular faction up until cata.

EMFH, SM and Stonefrom still beating any of the horde racials,

with the amount of burst in the game, trolls be flippin alright....20% reduction on impairments is unnoticeable, same with orcs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    EMFH, SM and Stonefrom still beating any of the horde racials,

with the amount of burst in the game, trolls be flippin alright....20% reduction on impairments is unnoticeable, same with orcs
    No. Blood Elf racial is easily the best racial in the game. Stack that with the Warstomping Resto Tauren Druids and its a good combo. Idk why people even think EMFH is good anymore especially after the Versatility buff to the Medallion trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    No. Blood Elf racial is easily the best racial in the game. Stack that with the Warstomping Resto Tauren Druids and its a good combo. Idk why people even think EMFH is good anymore especially after the Versatility buff to the Medallion trinkets.
    why is EMHF good? Well how about those extra 1000 intellect I get everytime I burst? That's an increase of like 25%, y'know. 25% more dmg seems like a pretty good reason why people even think EMFH is good anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    why is EMHF good? Well how about those extra 1000 intellect I get everytime I burst? That's an increase of like 25%, y'know. 25% more dmg seems like a pretty good reason why people even think EMFH is good anymore.
    It's just damage. Good players can deal with damage. Good players can't deal with mindless abilities that can be used instantly like Arcane Torrent. You're telling me you'd rather have slightly more burst damage over a free 3 second silence on a 90 second cd?

It's insane how much a difference playing a Blood Elf is going to be over other races, especially for low tool kit classes like Warriors/DK's. Those classes don't need the extra damage because they already deal enough damage.

Deleted
    i always play horde anyway, i hope people come back to this faction!

honestly i wish this game would just do away with combat racials, just cosmetic and racial passives please!