Priest Disc & Shadow Rework (BASIC)

I Main Shadow priest and dabbled in Disc. I thought i would present a few basic ideas
    Would love someone with the time and patience to run with this and elaborate on it

HOLY
    You guys can keep that, have not played it enough to give it too much thought.
    This should be a solid healer, no shadow spells at all

DISC
    disc should be given Shadowform, the ability to switch in and out of shadowform exactly as shadow does now
    depending on which form your in the spells take on different form
    e.g.
    Mind flay / Penance would only be available depending wether you were in shadow or not
    so in shadow mind flay is available and it deals 70% damage, 30% healing (Flay would not be channeling, it would act as penance cast, 3 hits, etc)
    not in shadow penance is available and it deals 70% healing, 30% damage

this would similar for all spells, theyd of course need a rework / renaming, but all with the 70/30 difference in healing and dpsing
    Mind blast / Flash Heal
    dispersion / bubble
    shadow word pain / holy fire

SHADOW
    would be in constant shadow form
    would lose all holy spells
    but gain the ability to leech like old Vampiric touch in order to get its heals off

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit77 View Post
    disc should be given Shadowform
    lol, what, no.

bold move giving disc shadow form.

It wouldnt fit lorewise though, as shadow form represents being a shadow ascendant, its only accessible through dedicating yourself to darkness.

I get what you are asking though, i would like to see disc reworked as a hybrid holy/shadow spec too, and i would love to see shadow lose direct heals in favor of its old school health drain effects.

As for stance dancing, that would fit better into discs playstyle than shadows, as shadow wants to remain in shadow form as much as possible while disc constantly swaps between dps and healing.

I like the direction though. i want to see a shadowier discipline priest specialization come legion. having 3 holy specs just bores me to tears, having a hybrid light and dark spec would be great.