Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    This thread will be used as evidence in the not so distant future when OP is under investigation for a missing cheerleader. =/

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I had one pair of parents tell me that they would stop buying properties for their daughter's trust funds if their daughter had chosen to participate in her high school's cheer squad. They were afraid their daughter would become a slut. What do you think of parents with this kind of mindset? I hate these kind of people.

I think every girl should have the chance to cheer for their school at least one time if they want to.
    Let me tell you something son. And I do mean son.
    It is not for you, or anybody, for that matter to judge how a parent chooses to "parent" their child. I can guarantee you that each and father in there life has has their child think he was an "ass" at one point. And most good parents do that for the good of their child.
    Now, your post is the only one I have read in this thread. And surely after my post there be more citing about "child abuse" and the need for for someone to "step in". Because that is way internet debates have devolved. They, the debaters, always take it to the extreme and Godwin's law comes into effect as it most likely will in this thread before 3-4 pages I predict.
    My suggestion to the OP is to put his big boy pants on and mature up, get his nose out their business, and stop hating!
    Have a wonderful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    This thread will be used as evidence in the not so distant future when OP is under investigation for a missing cheerleader. =/
    Yeah, this thread is all kinds of weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    That isn't necessarily a bad thing considering the fact that kids have next to no clue what they want in life and are prone to making rash, impulsive decisions.
    I'd rather be a disciplined child held on a leash until I'm 21 than a drug addicted, deadbeat dad.

It may not be fair, or even political correct, but it sure beats the alternative.
    Did you say that cheerleader had a rash?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah, all the threads OP makes are all kinds of weird.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah, this thread is all kinds of weird.
    Pretty much all of his threads are.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    First world problems...
    I think what was described goes beyond "first world" problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it depends on the culture surrounding the cheer squad. My half-sister is a cheerleader, and they spend tons of time exercising and traveling around Europe for tournaments. I imagine there are places where it's less about the sport, and more about getting into the right clique, which could involve partying and certain kinds of behaviors and expectations. If it's the latter, I think it's completely reasonable that parents want to keep their kid out of it... I mean, I think blackmail is the wrong way to go about it, but the intent makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Pretty much all of his threads are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Honestly I was thinking that, but I wasn't sure how many were OP's or someone else's off the top of my head