Heroic Archimonde Assistance Request

Hey guys,

We've been progressing on this fight for 3 weeks now and have tried every strategy in the book.

What we're going to try next time is to send a large group in for banish 1, the same large group in for banish 2, lusting as banish 2 comes out right at the 25% mark, and then using banish 3 as the sacrifice banish. We've always been treating banish 4 as the sac banish and get overwhelmed by the second set of infernals. A LOT of our wipes occur at the 10-13% mark so I think treating that 3rd banish as the sacrifice might allow us to get the kill. Using this strategy, are you supposed to still focus that 2nd infernal set down or just ignore and burn boss.

I've also included logs from Monday, our most recent raid, and was wondering if you can shed some light on anything that I've overlooked. I've already had a few coaching sessions with some of our members about issues that I could see but any outside assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Aggregate of the entire night:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1799&wipes=1

10% Wipe (Best of the night): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...HG2bD#fight=10

Thanks again for your time and attention, it's much appreciated.
    Last edited by Senkei; 2015-08-19 at 04:18 AM.

I haven't looked at your logs and I don't have the time but if you're thinking about the 3rd Nether group being the sacrifice then it means your dps is quite high, it also means you're likely failing because of

1. Not co-ordinating breaking chains, use of cooldowns as a safety net
    2. Not killing shadow adds as a high enough priority (MM Hunter with 4set is godly for this), make sure your assigned players are switching and killing these ASAP.
    3. Not surviving rain of chaos (lots of guilds stack in cooldowns and then spread and focus zerging infernals)
    4. Not killing infernals fast enough
    5. Wrought chaos deaths
    6. Demonic Fury deaths

If you're thinking about a 3rd nether phase sacrifice then your dps as a whole is more than enough to deal with everything and you should be really focussed on surviving the general mechanics, as you're way ahead on where you really need to be dps wise to kill the boss.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Your dps needs to be very high to ignore the second infernal wave. We usually have the third wave spawn and ignore it and put a sacrifice group in the 4th banish.

We also stop dps around 26% and wait until there's 15 seconds on the shackled torment timer so that rain of chaos and shackled torment are desynced.

Tell your hunters to save focus and TOTH procs for living shadows. Concussive shot and frost traps (slow AOE) work on them. You should have chimaera shot off cooldown every time when possible when one spawns, but aimed shot first because it has 50% more crit chance against targets over 80% health.

They die very fast. If your hunters are in nether groups past 2, they shouldn't be. If the tank position/portal placement is bad, fix it. If people are targetted but not running from the shadows, fix it

7 devours got through on your best attempt. That does hundreds of thousands of damage to whoever it hits (it executed at least 3 people) and cuts healing in half for a large period of time with a debuff, people shouldn't be getting eaten by shadows.
    Usually people get told to switch to this, half of them don't listen and most of the other half think "nuke the boss, blow all focus and cd's and then switch to an add with nothing to hit it with 3 seconds after it spawns" which isn't good enough. You can easily be waiting for the spawn and smack it down in 2-4 globals but if you're not ready or you don't have enough people assigned, people will die. Having two people give up a third of their DPS to handle this mechanic flawlessly is way better than having even one person die because they were trying to get bigger epeen numbers on the boss itself. 60 or so shadows were failed on your log of entire night, so it's definately a problem - when only 1 or 2 portals are up, it's really easy so that highlights either constant failure even with few adds, or a huge failure rate once 3-4 portals come up

can't speak for much else other than my experience doing that as a MM hunter with 3 guilds and a bunch of pugs and being frustrated every time at nobody caring about adds. It's a relatively silent raid killer that people will happily wipe for 10 or 20 pulls in a row to without even really noticing
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2015-08-19 at 04:50 AM.

First thing is you have too many healers, drop the paladin or make him do dps. Your dps isnt that high to ignore the seconds infernals, there is no way you can ignore them, like Svisalith said, the adds are killing your raid because yours hunters are ignore them, leave at least 1 hunter outside killing the adds. Dont try this boss with less than 15 people, is a mess. Now p3, the "wall" that people have in this phase is dealing with the chains, before the first rain of chaos the boss will cast shackle > feedback > rain of chaos, is important that at least 2 chains are broken before the first rain of chaos, its important that you do this otherwise the raid will be too low to break them and at some point there will be 6 people with shackled, people will start to die and blow up the raid. So manage the healing cd for the chains and dont fuck up the infernals.

leave at least 1 hunter outside killing the adds
    At least 2 out when there are 4 portals and at least 2 out when there are 3 portals as well unless the one staying out is gonna stay alive and do his/her job very well. I can't handle 3 portals alone when the raid and tanks position badly for lack of time, cooldowns and focus when there are that many players in the raid inflating add HP

It's also kinda obvious when the adds hit someone. Instead of a death animation, they do this weird thing where they kinda shrink to a small size and disappear. The hit is huge too (2/3'rds of someones health pool + debuff)
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2015-08-19 at 07:10 AM.

A quick glance at add damage reveal on your best attempt a boomkin was carrying your hunters on shadows, your hunters need to fix this and let your boomkin worry more about infernals and other stuff,

also an elemental shaman is topping your deathcaller damage, lolwut.

as for your sac group, just as everyone else has said, you need a lot more dps than you have currently to consider group 3 a sac group.

other things I'm seeing, your downstairs dudes are dieing to no heals, are you not sending a healer down or did your downstairs dude healign dude just fall asleep

also you warlock is playing affliction, which may produce better numbers, but it won't give you the damage leverage you currently need on infernals (somethign you said your dieing to) so consider making him switch to destro, should be particularly effective on the 2nd rain of chaos he can shadow burn cleave off of the boss onto the first infernal crippling it severely and as long as everyone else contributes you should kill the first infernal before the 3rd spawns giving you the option to only deal with 2 at a time.

Also you have a dk and monk tank, and 5 healers, why? drop a healer for more damage, Your holy paladin coincidently not only healed for quite little but also only popped sanctified wrath once, coincidence? i think not.

Also as a rogue, i see assassin rogues which is gross, sub or combat for this fight all the way Imo, combat has a lot of Marked for death reset opportunities on this fight which for me personally, made the fight enjoyable because i like that kinda stuff. Some may whine "but sub has no target switching blah blah blahs", to which i say, "shut up and just have 5 combo points ready for rupture dawg, shits easy".

other rogue things would include stop using burst of speed on this fight, it isn't serving any realistically useful purpose. Other things, your assassin rogues have poor uptime on envenom especially for 4 piece rockers. they should step that up a little bit or just change to combat/sub. they also have considerable doomfire damage taken which is weird for a rogue, I've been known to regularly bathe in said fire but with CoS up so i didn't lose ad damage uptime or take damage.

from the looks of it you guys had a wipe to due to your downstairs group failing causing the 2nd tank to either die or get banish resulting in no tank, this would be something i would fix.

You may also consider sending for the first group 2 ranged, 1 tank 2 heals and chill upstairs and downstairs getting the boss to around 27%ish or lower if your dps have the discipline until the 2nd banish goes out, as well as getting the nether ad to 10%, then send 2 dps with him and as soon as the banish happens have your bottom group excute the add and get eveyrone up and blow lust and cds, this should save you a rain of chaos off the fight giving you a little more leeway, in order to facilitate your lack of tank have your warrior taunt as the 2nd tank gets sent down and pop Dbts, if you need more time have your warrior vigilance a dk, have them go blood presence and any other external they have should be thrown on the dk until the tanks return. that or use 3 tanks
    Last edited by badgersmashr; 2015-08-19 at 10:32 AM.