Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I installed it a couple of months ago, I got through Orcs, were Humans next? Can't remember. Didn't get to NEs yet though. I did enjoy it, as I've never actually made it through TFT, which was the purpose of this run-through, but I got sidetracked by The Witcher 3 lol. I will eventually get back to it, but yes, WC3 has definitely withstood the test of time so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I installed it a couple of months ago, I got through Orcs, were Humans next? Can't remember. Didn't get to NEs yet though. I did enjoy it, as I've never actually made it through TFT, which was the purpose of this run-through, but I got sidetracked by The Witcher 3 lol. I will eventually get back to it, but yes, WC3 has definitely withstood the test of time so far.
    The order of the campaigns is:

RoC: Alliance > Scourge > Horde > Nelf
    TFT: Nelf > Belf > Scourge/Forsaken

If you count the Prologue, that's before the Alliance campagin, but that's just an optional 1-2 mission tutorial designed to teach you stuff like how to select units, how to build stuff etc. Completely skipable, the only thing that happens storywise is that The Horde starts sailing from Lordaeron to Kalimdor. The Alliance campaign is where the game begins.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dang it....I've already got enough games to play but WCIII and TFT was what got me into PC gaming in a serious fashion. It was the first game that really got me into everything surrounding games...the companies making them, the merchandise, etc. I've always played games on PC, even back to Commodore 64 days, but this was the defining moment in my time and I've never looked back.

I'm going to have to find one of my battlechests or go get a new one now. *grumble*
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Dang it....I've already got enough games to play but WCIII and TFT was what got me into PC gaming in a serious fashion. It was the first game that really got me into everything surrounding games...the companies making them, the merchandise, etc. I've always played games on PC, even back to Commodore 64 days, but this was the defining moment in my time and I've never looked back.

I'm going to have to find one of my battlechests or go get a new one now. *grumble*
    you should add your CD keys to your battle.net account, then you can download the installers from battle.net

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    you should add your CD keys to your battle.net account, then you can download the installers from battle.net
    I haven't been able to find my keys/discs since I last moved. Have both bchest boxes, no cds inside. It means I need to dig through a lot of storage bins and cd spindles :-/
    BAD WOLF

Every time i play it i just wish we could get a WC4. It's a possibility after legacy of the void at least! After the campaigns for SC2 it just makes me want a WC4 even more.

Nothing can beat green td or hero line wars

Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
    After several hours, I finished WC3 last night. That last battle at Mount Hyjal is intense! And, Archimonde is HUGE!!!

It took the entire world to come together before Archimonde could be killed; but, in WoW we can kill him in a Raid with a few teammates.... Lame. They made Archimonde too weak in WoW.

Nonetheless, it's time to start the Frozen Throne tonight! Woot Woot!
    Using cheats to kill archimonde just to see him resurrect never gets old

10+ Year Old Account
    What I hate about WC3 after playing SC2 for 3 years is unit pathing. Holy cow... Select 10 Grunts, send them to some point, and they will get stuck behind each other, try to run around only to bump into another one... They need to release all the RoC and TFT campaigns officially on SC2 engine, especially since WC3 assets are long in game.

But yeah, in terms of story, this is definitely my favorite RTS of all time, and leveling, controlling and equipping heroes is a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What I hate about WC3 after playing SC2 for 3 years is unit pathing. Holy cow... Select 10 Grunts, send them to some point, and they will get stuck behind each other, try to run around only to bump into another one... They need to release all the RoC and TFT campaigns officially on SC2 engine, especially since WC3 assets are long in game.

But yeah, in terms of story, this is definitely my favorite RTS of all time, and leveling, controlling and equipping heroes is a lot of fun.
    I'd honestly rather want WC4, especially since modders are already working on remaking the WC3 campaigns.

I used to really enjoy map making for Reign of Chaos. Too bad people ruined the custom games by clogging the list with permahost bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    I used to really enjoy map making for Reign of Chaos. Too bad people ruined the custom games by clogging the list with permahost bots.
    Oh God. Hit refresh, and every single lobby is DOTA NO NOOBS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft III is my summer getaway game. Meaning, when I go to a cabin or something and don't have any internet, I build maps or play custom games solo or just rerun the campaign. When the world wide web goes dark, WC3 is still there.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'd honestly rather want WC4, especially since modders are already working on remaking the WC3 campaigns.
    I agree, WC4 would be even better, but sadly I don't think it is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Oh God. Hit refresh, and every single lobby is DOTA NO NOOBS.
    The funniest thing is when you join a game called "DOTA NOOBS WELCOME", then 5 minutes after start people call you "noob" and votekick you. Happened to me a few times, and every time I was pretty confused...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

WC3 is fucking gold.

It's like you say though, I play it every once and a while and it's always good. It's not a case of rose-tinted goggles. It's just fucking good.