Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    if I am remembering what he said correctly
    You aren't. At all. Don't use me as a quote source if you're going to stuff words in my mouth on the assumption people won't sit through a 2 hour interview.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2015-08-26 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    You aren't. At all. Don't use me as a quote source if you're going to stuff words in my mouth on the assumption people won't sit through a 2 hour interview.
    Sorry Kuni. Next time I'll just post the link and state <player> has some good info on the subject.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    there isn't a single spec in the game I could play within 90% of a machine running a sim.

Unless you have a physical handicap, you are underestimating the GCD in this game. On the simplest specs, e.g. a stationary Arcane Mage without fancy talents, there is plenty of time to do no mistakes. The GCD is basically a long pause giving ample time to preorder the next move.

I recall when I was doing Arcane in Firelands, it was even simpler to rotate back then, I felt like I was basically identical to the simulator on a stationary fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    I do think a lot of people misunderstand the power of the Arcane nuking though. It's not like we can just nuke a target at any point in the fight. Hell, our damage is probably a lot worse when we just have to swap, since if we burn it outside of burn phase our dps will suck for the rest of the fight, and if we don't (and start after refreshing stacks) the dps will be horrible.
    IN the burn phase, we have insane burn. Outside of that, extremely mediocre or with dire consequences.
    Is this what you mean: https?://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/L2MZx3GnAgP7jKY1#fight=20&type=damage-done&source=14
    Last edited by denzildk; 2015-08-27 at 08:49 AM. Reason: fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Unless you have a physical handicap, you are underestimating the GCD in this game. On the simplest specs, e.g. a stationary Arcane Mage without fancy talents, there is plenty of time to do no mistakes. The GCD is basically a long pause giving ample time to preorder the next move.
    I don't understand what the GCD has to do with Arcane when we spend 90% of our time using cast time spells (Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles) that have very little to do with the GCD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    I don't understand what the GCD has to do with Arcane when we spend 90% of our time using cast time spells (Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles) that have very little to do with the GCD.

They trigger it. Of course they have a lot to do with it. I don't think you got what I said. He claimed that it's very hard to 'simulate the simulator'. Due to the GCD giving that time to pre-order the next move, it's not impossible to be very close to the simulator if not identical to it, at least in some specs or talent choices. He claimed that he can't do that on all specs in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    They trigger it. Of course they have a lot to do with it. I don't think you got what I said. He claimed that it's very hard to 'simulate the simulator'. Due to the GCD giving that time to pre-order the next move, it's not impossible to be very close to the simulator if not identical to it, at least in some specs or talent choices. He claimed that he can't do that on all specs in the game.
    The GCD is meaningless when you spend most of your time with cast time spells >.>

Deleted
    Keep to simcraft and stop making threads asking questions, when you clearly don't want the opinion of what other people write.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    The GCD is meaningless when you spend most of your time with cast time spells >.>

Even there you have an advantage in pre-ordering spells. Without a GCD - hypothetically - the game would possibly require you to have the reflexes of FPS gaming. And we all know a simulator would never be near a real human in reflexes when even a millisecond would be an advantage, let alone the lag would ruin it even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levia86 View Post
    Keep to simcraft and stop making threads asking questions, when you clearly don't want the opinion of what other people write.

This has gone off topic if you noticed. Almost nobody talks about the original question. So spare me the passive aggressive attack, either answer the original question or keep being off topic like everyone else.

A lot of top Frost parses play TV over crystal:

warcraftlogs:

Reaver - rankings/8#boss=1785&class=Mage&spec=Frost&search=4.3.-1%7Cnoabilities.152087
    Gorefiend - rankings/8#boss=1783&class=Mage&spec=Frost&search=4.3.-1%7Cnoabilities.152087
    Zakuun - rankings/8#boss=1777&class=Mage&spec=Frost&search=4.3.-1%7Cnoabilities.152087

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenithWOW View Post
    A lot play TV over crystal

I'm more interested in what they're doing with Frost Bomb since PC is frankly easy to use in most cases. It gets a bit weird if you get bomb because then you may have to lose some FoF procs from T18 in order to keep using PC with a bomb on.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-08-27 at 09:50 PM.