Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Isn't Hearthstone & HotS free and requires money from ingame stores? I can't see that pushing Nintendo anywhere
    Hearthstone is making nearly 250m a year atm and that could increase. HoTS and Overwatch will probably do very well too. With the WiiU failing, Nintendo is probably making less money in 2015 than they were in 2012.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't Hearthstone & HotS free and requires money from ingame stores? I can't see that pushing Nintendo anywhere
    So Isnt LoL and it makes as much or more money than WoW now.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont underestimate ftp.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldlove to see profit numbers too for comparison.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Date: 12.10.13

ops, I was wrong with WG. http://www.newzoo.com/free/rankings/...game-revenues/

HS a money maker? Hardly, WoW is the cow, milk and cream of BLZ.
    You did not take time to check last Q sales did you?

Hearthstone have over 30 millions different players. Hearthstone and destiny combined made over 1b in revenue. Considering the fact that destiny doesn't have any king of in-game market nor active subscription...

PS: Destiny sold roughly 16 millions boxes. I let you have some fun with the numbers.

PS2: Please take the time to take a look at the last quarter call. It's definitely worth it. Honestly, realizing that Wow isn't the beast it used to be for Blizzard can put some things back in perspective.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2015-08-20 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Tanks isn't a fun game to me. More tactical then necessary IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    You did not take time to check last Q sales did you?

Hearthstone have over 30 millions different players. Hearthstone and destiny combined made over 1b in revenue. Considering the fact that destiny doesn't have any king of in-game market nor active subscription...

PS: Destiny sold roughly 16 millions boxes. I let you have some fun with the numbers.
    Yea I read like Winnie the poo :/
    That is interesting too, the numbers I mean. Cos HoS is a really development light game. Everyting is made and it is just to dump new cards.
    Unless they want to go the Magic way which I highly doubt there wont be any addiotion that need an overall altering such as adding another trigger for a card such as Battlecry, Discard a card etc that is in the game now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    World of Tanks isn't a fun game to me. More tactical then necessary IMO.
    Same as with WoW some have multiple accounts.
    Latest numbers I can find real quick is 2013, that is before the Xbox launch and it is 60M accounts.
    And 1,1M actual playing each month
    Yet #1 on revenue.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same as with WoW some have multiple accounts.
    Latest numbers I can find real quick us 2013, that is before the Xbox launch and it is 60M accounts.
    I tired World of Tanks. Felt too tactical and I'm trying to figure it out. I die and my tank is destroyed >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I tired World of Tanks. Felt too tactical and I'm trying to figure it out. I die and my tank is destroyed >.>
    WoT is kinda both noob friendly and noob rape.
    One can play low tier lets say up to tier6-7 just fine cos people are idiots. It is also the threshold that F2P really works, after that one has to pay or level sloooow.
    At tier8-10 you are fucked as a noob.

The game is really, really complex in details to keep in mind. I had a friend playing who learnt the heard way and he tought me bit by bit as well as I found it out myself.
    That is the cool thing about the game. I guess an anecdot would be WoW random soloplay battlegrounds & PvP guild queing for rated BG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, you people could´ve told me that my link doesn´t work. For some weird reason if you click it you need an prem account to see the stats, if you use the link google offers after a search it´s there.

So here´s a screenshot from current stats:
    googled this "revenue of video game publishers"

Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im picky and a tiny bit off topic, I want PC games (per game) not poor-mans-PC ie consoles included
    Last edited by Bakis; 2015-08-20 at 06:48 PM. Reason: clarification

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we all agree that Blizzard is the largest developer? You could count Microsoft and sony etc but for the most part they just publish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Can we all agree that Blizzard is the largest developer? You could count Microsoft and sony etc but for the most part they just publish.
    But they're not

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    By most metrics yes.

- - - Updated - - -

But they're not
    Hms the top above BLZ, dont they all have a significant part of their revenue as publishing only?
    Unsure of Tencent though, actually never heard of them :l

Deleted
    By most metrics yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Hms the top above BLZ, dont they all have a significant part of their revenue as publishing only?
    Well what does biggest developer mean? Numbers? Most games?

Cos HoS is a really development light game. Everyting is made and it is just to dump new cards.
    Unless they want to go the Magic way which I highly doubt there wont be any addiotion that need an overall altering such as adding another trigger for a card such as Battlecry, Discard a card etc that is in the game now.
    This is a poorly worded sentence so I might have read it wrong but they are adding new mechanics to Hearthstone. There's 2 new ones coming out with the new expansion in 4 days or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    This is a poorly worded sentence so I might have read it wrong but they are adding new mechanics to Hearthstone. There's 2 new ones coming out with the new expansion in 4 days or whatever.
    new mechanics to a card game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well what does biggest developer mean? Numbers? Most games?
    By the thread and OP I guess revenue. Althought a few more are interesting.
    As a non-PS2,3,4,5,6 SONY person I dont really know how much of the revnue that is internal devlopment, if I would have to guess not alot(?).

new mechanics to a card game?
    Yes new mechanics to a card game.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

They do some game knockoffs, hold patents, distribute in China, and oddly enough
    Tencent took part in Activision Blizzard splitting from Vivendi as a passive investor and owns now about 12% of the shares.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussemilch View Post
    They do some game knockoffs, hold patents, distribute in China, and oddly enough
    Ah okey, to be lazy we rule out patents as distribution too
    Am I totally wrong if I think that MS actually develop more than SONY?