Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Drilago has a lot of solid parses with frost. Using EDH combined with a Vial. You could go over his logs and compare it to unholy parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    anyone have personal raid xp with using Vial for ST and AoE as Frost? Forget Sims- actual raid usage
    I created account so I could answer to this question.

Since I can not post any link in my first X posts (found out after I've spent 20 monutes preparing all the warcraftlogs URLs), here is plain old TXT digest of what I wanted to say.

I play DW frost in this patch only on heroic difficulty with plans on going mythic soon, and I am using combination Vial (M) + EDC (H) for ST and burst AoE scenarios (Fel Lord, Kormrok), and EDC (H) + DC (H) for more sustained AoE (Iskar, Xhul'horac). In situations where you "could" use DC (Killrogg, Council) I prefer sticking with EDC + Vial - again, because of leg ring.

On HC Archimonde I use both combinations depending on what is needed more. With Vial+EDC I'll certainly do more damage on Doomfire Spirits and Deathcallers, will have better burst alligned with legendary ring in P4, and less cleave on Dreadstralkers compared to EDC+DC. Overall damage done is pretty similar.

I wanted to back all of this with some logs, but hey - I could be a spammer as far as software is concerned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto View Post
    Drilago has a lot of solid parses with frost. Using EDH combined with a Vial. You could go over his logs and compare it to unholy parses.
    Holy shit that guy is a beast. I will.troll him when I get home, ty ghetto

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paysius View Post

Since I can not post any link in my first X posts (found out after I've spent 20 monutes preparing all the warcraftlogs URLs), here is plain old TXT digest of what I wanted to say.

I play DW frost in this patch only on heroic difficulty with plans on going mythic soon, and I am using combination Vial (M) + EDC (H) for ST and burst AoE scenarios (Fel Lord, Kormrok), and EDC (H) + DC (H) for more sustained AoE (Iskar, Xhul'horac). In situations where you "could" use DC (Killrogg, Council) I prefer sticking with EDC + Vial - again, because of leg ring.

On HC Archimonde I use both combinations depending on what is needed more. With Vial+EDC I'll certainly do more damage on Doomfire Spirits and Deathcallers, will have better burst alligned with legendary ring in P4, and less cleave on Dreadstralkers compared to EDC+DC. Overall damage done is pretty similar.

I wanted to back all of this with some logs, but hey - I could be a spammer as far as software is concerned.
    And thank u as well for.going through the trouble to make a post with facts backing it up,you dirty spammer.

I will try out vial and EDH Sunday night for sure on M Council. The only shitty thing is the rogues are in charge of the ring and I can never line up vial with it. Always off by a few and I get yelled at when I pop it. Mooniara recommends I go UH since my ring us 750 but u don't wanna give up on frost just yet.

I hope the last two posts help others as well. Thank you both

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paysius View Post

OK just dicking around in Tannan with Vial and Defile and Im already sold on the idea. Macro'd it in with Pillars and Blood Fury and stuff is melting in Defile and MS hits are really high.
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual