Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    By feminine I don't mean homosexuals. I mean guys of any sexuality who are perhaps a little camp or in general seems more feminine e.g. emotional, interest in cosmetics, keen interest in fashion, etc.

Personally I don't really see an issue To each their own i'm just curious if it's occurring because of supply and demand (women wanting men to be more feminine), media influence (meterosexual celebrities) or just a natural change in what's socially accepted in men? What's your opinion
    Going off of this forum and mates of my university aged brother in-laws as ancedotal evidence, yes it seems like men are really becoming feminine. Its really pathetic but at least in Australia I still see some real lads who have a good time at the pub

10+ Year Old Account
    What people call "masculine" (in terms of looks) is largely just a product of the soldier look becoming popular from the world wars, before that time "masculinity" looked quite a lot different.

Personally I think it's liberating that people can finally (mostly) be who they are instead of having to conform to some societal norms that they might be uncomfortable with.
    I don't get why some people get so upset about this? Isn't it better for everyone if you can be who you are? How does it concern you if a guy wants to have long hair and skinny jeans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    What people call "masculine" (in terms of looks) is largely just a product of the soldier look becoming popular from the world wars, before that time "masculinity" looked quite a lot different.

Personally I think it's liberating that people can finally (mostly) be who they are instead of having to conform to some societal norms that they might be uncomfortable with.
    I don't get why some people get so upset about this? Isn't it better for everyone if you can be who you are? How does it concern you if a guy wants to have long hair and skinny jeans?
    As an honest question. For those types of people how do they go with trying to pick up chicks? Do chicks these days like more feminine men?

10+ Year Old Account
    Real men let their feminine side shine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    As an honest question. For those types of people how do they go with trying to pick up chicks? Do chicks these days like more feminine men?
    They always have..... The type of guy most detested by the majority of females are the macho.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    They always have..... The type of guy most detested by the majority of females are the macho.
    Depends how you define those terms. I've met plenty of women who still prefer the quiet, masculine type. I'd never be called feminine by any of the women I've been involved with, and they all seemed to like me. But yes, no one likes a blowhard who won't shut up, that goes for the macho types and the over-emotional types.

@OP ok so gay...

Well needless to say on an online forum, especially one dedicated to gaming, the idea of a masculinity is going to find itself derided. As a masculine guy, however, I can't really complain; the rarer we become, the more in demand we are. In my experience, anyway.

no, they are just less scared of hiding than a few years ago...
    same with gays for example. they still remain a huge minority

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Do chicks these days like more feminine men?
    As always: Some probably do, some don't. Women are not one big hive mind, and preferences differ greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    It's so pathetic how so many of you are so scared of femininity, and still stuck with a hopelessly ancient view of what a 'real man' is supposed to be. I'm not going to pluck my eyebrows or buy $300 shoes ever, but there's nothing wrong with guys who do. I agree that some of these metro-dudes can be somewhat annoying with their self-obsession and constantly checking themselves out in mirrors, but who cares.
    Bro.

Pluck your damn eye brows.

No one likes to see caterpillars.

In my adult life, i have discovered that more and more I am interested in interior design and I am even thinking about taking a course.

Now just because I don't want to live in filth, or wear hobo-clothes does this make me "feminine"?

It is quite a strange world we live in when certain jobs or interests put your gender into question... Culture is not your friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Real men let their feminine side shine

- - - Updated - - -

I've never had a problem getting girls in my single days. But I guess there is a type of girl for every dude