How to RP a child (Correctly)!

I've noticed for a long time that anyone who tries to RP a child usually botches it, believe it or not there's actually a lot which can go into RPing a child, so this post is basically to talk about how to role play a child correctly.

One thing I think most people botch is typical child behavior, most children can reason and understand self-awareness at around late infancy to early toddlerhood. No talking in third person like the Hulk and speak relatively fluently (Unless your like the child of a peon or something). Of course you can cry, whine and complain, but don't go overboard with it or people will either find it annoying or it won't be very realistic.

Another thing people may not get is that different races act differently and that also applies to children. Of course children by different races will be different, orcs are brutal parents for example and if you disrespect an adult orc, they will have no problem handing your ass to you. Humans aren't much different, though probably much more civil about it. Pandaren, draenei and tauren are going to be races that operate off of discipline by wisdom and are probably more lenient on the "respect your elders" thing compared to orcs or humans. Elves could be somewhere in between those the former and latter of what I talked about above.

Also, children USUALLY do not wear armor or carry weapons or go on adventures. Of course there are exceptions, orcs begin training at like 6 years old, there are orphans, poor children and pandaren cubs that are more prone to adventure. But most other races besides those I listed (orcs and pandaren) generally aren't going to let some 6 year old (or equivalent) carry around a huge sword and rush into a battle with gnolls.

For clothing for children, it varies from race to race and role yet again. Dresses for human, blood elf and maybe draenei girls and simple pants/shirts for human, blood elf and draenei boys, robes and dresses for night elves, little amounts of clothing for orc, troll and possibly tauren children. More pandaren-style clothing for pandaren children.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Also, children USUALLY do not wear armor or carry weapons or go on adventures. Of course there are exceptions, orcs begin training at like 6 years old
    Also to note is that orcs by the age of 6 are as tall as adult human males due to their race growing and maturing incredibly fast.

Never seen this personally. intresting