Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Based on his earlier activity, he will claim the rally draws 35,000 people, and it will actually draw 15,000 people. When a news organization correctly and accurately points out that 15,000 is lower than 35,000 Trump will sue them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    Its Perot.

Who won 19% of the vote in a general election, running as an independent, while never being serious about winning.
    I'm not sure I agree that Perot wasn't serious. However, he did split the vote, cost the conservatives the election, and change the course of the country forever.

They guy got folks in Alabama cheering for women's rights. Bible country USA in support of abortion...amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Based on his earlier activity, he will claim the rally draws 35,000 people, and it will actually draw 15,000 people. When a news organization correctly and accurately points out that 15,000 is lower than 35,000 Trump will sue them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure I agree that Perot wasn't serious. However, he did split the vote, cost the conservatives the election, and change the course of the country forever.
    CNN reported 30k, so who knows. The stands were half full, in a 40k stadium, so i'd say 20k is a reasonable estimate.

As for Perot: he literally quit the race and reentered later, his VP publicly wondered "why I am doing this", and people who know him have claimed that this was the case, that all he really wanted was a soapbox, and didn't really want to be president.

By the way, keep in mind that the population of mobile is 200k.
    Last edited by vetinari; 2015-08-22 at 02:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I made fun that I would leave the country if he won the election. But after hearing him talk, his speeches, what he's about...I honestly have to say that he is probably the best candidate out of everyone else. He's honest as fuck, doesn't care about being politically correct to get his point across.

Shit, I like Trump. I think I'm going to vote for the man.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
    Liberal fossils...?

Antonin Scalia, longest sitting member of Supreme Court, definitely not liberal, but always hilarious.

Clarence Thomas, 3rd longest sitting member of Supreme Court, about as conservative as the get.

Both GWB appointees, staunch conservatives...

The only "liberal fossil" you can really claim is Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

The Constitution is an evolving document. It was written nearly 250 years ago. 250 years ago, women were not equal to men, blacks were the inferior race, and people need to have firearms to call forth a militia to protect the state.

Almost 250 years later, times have changed. The document is a living, breathing document. If we did not alter our perspectives, we would then be ignorant of the ever-changing state of humanity. If we choose to base our entire lives off of the initial interpretation of the document, we would stagnate into irrelevancy.
    Yes, times change. Thats why they provided for a way to change the constitution, which has been done quite a few times. The problem is 250 years later, a handful of people like you think something should be changed in the constitution, and since they cant get enough support from everyone else to change it, they get judges to do it for them, which is one of the exact things Trump is running on. getting rid of the corruption in government

10+ Year Old Account
    poor america. When your voting for Nixon 2.0, you know how truely screwed you are.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-richard-nixon
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    People genuinely like Trump because they are just tired of both politicians and the left, and he is neither of those two things.

The United States has already elected one clown president with Dubya so there is a precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    People genuinely like Trump because they are just tired of both politicians and the left, and he is neither of those two things.
    America is not tired of the left because it had no "left" government like...since Roosevelt. Obama won elections twice (first time sweepingly) because he sold himself from the left, when he is clearly center-right. In a general election on policy proposals and the ability to actually maintain an intelligible conversation Sanders would completely grill Trump. Even Hillary would.

A Democrat would talk policy and Trump would reply...Well you are a dummy!

I also find it FUCKING IRONIC that suddenly Conservatives are against Citizen United, when until it was mostly attacked from the left they were defending it. FUCKING IRONIC.

To be honest the elections are the Democrats to lose. They would have to fuck it up monumentally to do so. Bernie would need to die, and Hillary would need to be caught giving Putin a blowjob while on record for planning to hand over Alaska. (Hell if she would offer up Florida, she could still get away with it.)

Trump is not just an idiot, but utterly incapable to lead anything. The few policy proposals he did make are either outlandishly impractical and expensive or wildly illegal and unconstitutional.

The right lives in a bubble and is deluding itself that they can actually win an election from the right. It's not doable. The reason why they tend to win local elections is because they gerrymander the fuck out of the electoral districts, something that doesn't work in the General Elections.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2015-08-22 at 04:24 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
    You've said "goodbye" about 14 times and keep coming back. I think you do not understand what that means.

Challenge Accepted

See, here's a good "fact check" for you that you will probably dismiss. source

Also, here's his PolitiFact score

Favorite Lies...

"The Mexican Government... They send the bad ones over." (LOL Kay)

"Under President Barack Obama, income levels and unemployment numbers "are worse now than just about ever" for African-Americans." (Has been historically much, much worse)

"The number of illegal immigrants in the United States is "30 million, it could be 34 million." (Only a third of that according to research)

"If you're from Syria and you're a Christian, you cannot come into this country" as a refugee (Really?!?)

"The Mexican government forces many bad people into our country." (Repeated LOLs)

"Public support for abortion "is actually going down a little bit," polls show." (Polls show stable, or higher approval)

"The last quarter, it was just announced, our gross domestic product … was below zero. Who ever heard of this? It's never below zero." (Been below zero 42 times...)

"After the U.S.-led military alliance ejected Saddam Hussein’s forces from Kuwait in 1991, the Kuwaitis 'never paid us.'" (Kuwait paid 16 bil, US paid 7 Bil, this is math.)
    The Yeti for President, 2016. ;D He'll cut through the bullshit with many LOLs and fact-splosions.