Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I feel like I missed an episode, or an entire season actually. Since when is talking about the migrant situation right now racist? How does that happen?
    It really isn't. Some experienced posters just had a thread on refugees derailed into "no, you're racist", arguments from exclusively American perspectives, and incredibly xenophobic remarks. Got closed for obvious reasons, but they might resurface here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    It really isn't. Some experienced posters just had a thread on refugees derailed into "no, you're racist", arguments from exclusively American perspectives, and incredibly xenophobic remarks. Got closed for obvious reasons, but they might resurface here.
    Migth be better to put those kind of people ignore, now that I think about it. hard to derial threads when they are ignored.

7+ Year Old Account
    is it impossible to have a healthy discussion on immigration without pulling the racist-card?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    But good to know this mass stream of non-war refugees actually does not affect you, must be easy to be in support of it then.
    I wonder how immigrants affect your daily life for you to form bigoted world view.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    No. European understanding of race and religion is pretty fucked up. That's why it's shocking for the rest of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cric View Post
    is it impossible to have a healthy discussion on immigration without pulling the racist-card?
    It is quite possible unless racist remarks are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I wonder how immigrants affect your daily life for you to form bigoted world view.

- - - Updated - - -

No. European understanding of race and religion is pretty fucked up. That's why it's shocking for the rest of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

It is quite possible unless racist remarks are made.
    In my case, they're personal experiences. Hence why I realize there is a problem.
    But I do not condemn all muslims, and especially not any race.

Deleted
    Where do you see this going?

40% of "immigrants" are not entitled to "immigrate" and are supposed to turn right around back home.

If you started to bomb each ship which tries to gross the mediterranean that would stop very quickly.

You could organize official transport so everyone can life in Europe.

I am sure if one of the immigrant fucks up and commits a crime the others will not suffer for it. /sarcasm

Maybe some uninhabited islands can become colonies for unintegrable war criminals who cannot return to their countries.
    While those who can return are sent back.

And those who are good people and just want a home can come in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well this is off to a rocking start! OP consists of no opinions, only links to newspapers about relevant immigration-related news right now, none of which are opinionated in themselves, only informative, and people respond with "you racist!"

Tbh this is a Megathread we could use, instead of the 3-4 new threads every day.

My general opinion: I think we should help those we can while keeping it at numbers we can properly deal with. That means numbers we have the resources to follow up, educate, place responsibly, support and ability to absorb as a society. In Norway we've recently had a debate about the number of boat-refugees we could take in, and there is worry from the instances actually responsible to help them that the suggested numbers was more than they could properly deal with; that means they can't follow up on psychiatric, language tutoring, education, housing and job placement and the other necessary aspects of successful integration. To me, any number above what they can cope with is too high.
    Last edited by Revi; 2015-08-21 at 11:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You aren't looking particularly hard, then.

I do not. Yet I have plenty of experience in a country that has difficulties with a large Muslim minority.
    Then you dont get a say in the matter at all so kindly take your BS else where.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Are you serious lol?
    Do you have any idea how xenophobic, racist the rest of the world is compared to the western and northern European countries?
    You must be really naive to think xenophobia does not exist in the rest of the world, you know, the far east, the middle east, sub-Saharan Africa, South America etc..

I love how the fact that limited resources and jobs exist makes people bigoted. It's a nice thought to take in every poor person from every corner of the world, if you are willing to live exactly like them and be poor like them, because that is the only end result of unregulated immigration.

If you don't believe me, throw a piece of bread in the middle of your lawn. Ooo, food. Let's get it mold and bugs. So much food more more more. Oops bread is gone, we're dead.

We are either all poor as shit, or some have it better than others. Sorry, but I'll take the latter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuem View Post
    I love how the fact that limited resources and jobs exist makes people bigoted.
    Who cares about that? Having more people is always better, just ask China.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Well this is off to a rocking start! OP consists of no opinions, only links to newspapers about relevant immigration-related news right now, none of which are opinionated in themselves, only informative, and people respond with "you racist!"

Tbh this is a Megathread we could use, instead of the 3-4 new threads every day.

My general opinion: I think we should help those we can while keeping it at numbers we can properly deal with. That means numbers we have the resources to follow up, educate, place responsibly, support and ability to absorb as a society. In Norway we've recently had a debate about the number of boat-refugees we could take in, and there is worry from the instances actually responsible to help them that the suggested numbers was more than they could properly deal with; that means they can't follow up on psychiatric, language tutoring, education, housing and job placement and the other necessary aspects of successful integration. To me, any number above what they can cope with is too high.
    100% Agreed.

And those couple of bad apples among them which is impossible not to have should be sent back instead of having them stay to be a danger to other people while costing 100.000's of euros is just not acceptable when we welcome them. What im saying is that there should be like a 5-10 year period where there is a ZERO tolerance and if you do enough crime to end in front of a judge its out ASAP. There are PLENTY of good immigrants to take their place.

An example of what i talk about would be "Levakovic" from Denmark google that name thats the kind of bad apples i talk about. And atleast in Denmark theres a big problem with refugees from our camps going out stealing from shops and getting caught 10+ times without even a fine.
    Last edited by Arcrin; 2015-08-22 at 12:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    100% Agreed.

And those couple of bad apples among them which is impossible not to have should be sent back instead of having them stay to be a danger to other people while costing 100.000's of euros is just not acceptable when we welcome them. What im saying is that there should be like a 5-10 year period where there is a ZERO tolerance and if you do enough crime to end in front of a judge its out ASAP.

An example of what i talk about would be "Levakovic" from Denmark google that name thats the kind of bad apples i talk about. And atleast in Denmark theres a big problem with refugees from our camps going out stealing from shops and getting caught 10+ times without even a fine.
    I also Agree with Revi but the problem is our polticians do not want to see there is a problem because if they say anything they might be called racists and not ge re-elected next election no body wants to take the first step is our problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love all the Euros sitting comfortably in their rooms complaining about how the world is going to shit because of refugees.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    I also Agree with Revi but the problem is our polticians do not want to see there is a problem because if they say anything they might be called racists and not ge re-elected next election no body wants to take the first step is our problem.
    It has to get worse before it gets better. Luckily for Europe, you have a little bit of breathing room. You aren't at 1/4th non-European.

Deleted
    Was just reading the other day how Macedonia has employed the army to stop the mass of refugees. That says something!

I think these people should simply be sent back. If they want change, they should fight to change their country or immigrate legally. Sure, they might try again, but how many times can they try when the ships are organized by mafia groups that keep taking their money? If they have so much money, they can use it to make the paperwork and immigrate legally. Sure, those who are politically discriminated or truly are in danger of death in their lands could come, the others can fuck off. Especially criminals of any kind, if you come here and do any crime, you do not have a place in Europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post

You've gotten way further than us Swedes at the very least, here you're labelled racist for even mentioning that there must be some kind of limit to how many people we can bring in, even though our immigration agency's cried out that they don't have enough resources to handle the ones we already have, whilst more immigrants arrive daily...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Moral High standing.
    I love all the Americans and Canadians Moral high standing while sitting comfortably on the other side of the oceans in their rooms complaining about problems that does not concern them.
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2015-08-22 at 12:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    I love all the Americans and Canadians Moral high standing while sitting comfortably on the other side of the oceans in their rooms.
    I love how so many Europeans think that a surfeit of asylum seekers is a legitimate excuse to be bigoted and despotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.