Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    No. Shipping a million or so immigrants across the Atlantic would be expensive now-a-days. Beyond that we don't want to deal with such a chaotic endeavor so we will take those that we want and nothing more.
    You could send us money to house refugees for you, we'd take that.

Be a part of the solution!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    ......and some people clearly have no sense of humour whatsoever.
    With you? No, I still haven't forgotten why I left this thread for 20 odd pages. There's people I'll take that joke from, you and a few others are not one of them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Ok, so let's try to extend what's going on in time.

What is / Can there be / can we accept / a limit to the flow ? It's not been so long, and european populations are already angry. Considering the actual state of things, I guess we can expect a raise in the " xenophobic " parties allover Europe in the incoming years ? For sure, here, Front National is slowly but surely getting voices. Each and every incoming election will be tainted by the " migrants (no matter if they're refugees or illegal migrants, at a point, people won't make a distinction). And frankly, it matters more to me than you can imagine ...

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    Ok, so let's try to extend what's going on in time.

What is / Can there be / can we accept / a limit to the flow ? It's not been so long, and european populations are already angry. Considering the actual state of things, I guess we can expect a raise in the " xenophobic " parties allover Europe in the incoming years ? For sure, here, Front National is slowly but surely getting voices. Each and every incoming election will be tainted by the " migrants (no matter if they're refugees or illegal migrants, at a point, people won't make a distinction). And frankly, it matters more to me than you can imagine ...
    Put it this way, a friend and mine already agreed Australia being the best alternative to go to if shit hits the fan here. I'm willing to bear a lot of things, but if this turns Europe into a hostile xenophobic nation with sentiments nearing that of Germany in the early 30s, I'm outta here.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    With you? No, I still haven't forgotten why I left this thread for 20 odd pages. There's people I'll take that joke from, you and a few others are not one of them.
    So butthurt.... I almost feel sorry for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

You can't be angry to refuges if you allow your government to go and bomb their country. Simple as that.
    The middle east mess is US/EU/NATO fault (mostly US). We all host US/NATO bases, we all know who bombed who and who still is.

Over here when we hear someone complain about the refuges, we tell them the same. Close the NATO base at Krete and then talk.

Good point, but we have our -10 degree days in Germany, too. There are tents with ovens, you know. In Military, I always thought the tent was a fucking sauna, while it was -10 degrees outside.

You have days with -10 degrees? Wow. Ever been to Sweden? I live in the very south, others in the same country live 1500km further north, and we have days with -25 degrees down here. Not really a valid comparison, now is it? Just as a funsy, there was actually a chinese guy working in another lab next to mine, who adamantly refused to go to work for two weeks a couple of years back, on the premise that it was simply impossible to go outside at all due to the temperature and amounts of snow.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Shipping a million or so immigrants across the Atlantic would be expensive now-a-days. Beyond that we don't want to deal with such a chaotic endeavor so we will take those that we want and nothing more.
    lol..... I admit, I laughed more than I probably should have.

But, nah.... we can even fly them over and would save a buck or two on our car insurance, compared to what it costs us keeping them
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Good point, but we have our -10 degree days in Germany, too. There are tents with ovens, you know. In Military, I always thought the tent was a fucking sauna, while it was -10 degrees outside.
    I'm pretty sure the climate in Sweden is harsher than in Germany. I can't say for sure though since I've only been to Goteborg and only in November. (But the country is far more to the north). And not that I mind (It's not like I'm gonna be living there) but the sauna tents when it's super cold outside can be considered inhumane?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And I believe they should carry the lion share of the load.
    Because the US could handle them with ease.... They DO have the money, they DO have the resources, and they DO have the habitable space available in abundance.
    Going out on a limb here now, but we (Europe) even chip in happily with the costs of sending these people safe and sound over.
    I concur, I would happily pay for the ships to send (at least) half of the migrants to US/Canada. If they are so pro-migration and want to support the people from Africa/Middle East, then go ahead and take them in. It's not like US didn't have any involvement in destabilizing both Northern Africa and Middle East. EU showed the support and now we are left with sole responsibility for those hundreds of thousands migrants.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    You have days with -10 degrees? Wow. Ever been to Sweden? I live in the very south, others in the same country live 1500km further north, and we have days with -25 degrees down here. Not really a valid comparison, now is it? Just as a funsy, there was actually a chinese guy working in another lab next to mine, who adamantly refused to go to work for two weeks a couple of years back, on the premise that it was simply impossible to go outside at all due to the temperature and amounts of snow.
    Yes, I've been to Finland in the winter. I know what it's like. My brother actually lives near Uppsala. But I think you have no fucking idea what a simple oven and good canvas will do to temperature, do you? I maintain, refugees don't have to live well, they just have to live in safety until they can get shipped.

If you house them in luxus hotels and provide every need they have... what incentive do they have to ever go back? Especially if you offer them permanent residency on the spot, with citizenship in 4 years. That's just insane and bound to breed problems. I mean Sweden doesn't take many refugees by European standards, so this is not a really hot topic, but it's stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Yeah... And in the north parts it can get towards -30 or 40c. Have fun living in a tent then. <.< Coldest it's been is -52.6c.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    You can't be angry to refuges if you allow your government to go and bomb their country. Simple as that.
    The middle east mess is US/EU/NATO fault (mostly US). We all host US/NATO bases, we all know who bombed who and who still is.

Over here when we hear someone complain about the refuges, we tell them the same. Close the NATO base at Krete and then talk.
    Hey remember how Russia is basically bankrolling Assad? They can take some themselves
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Yeah... And in the north parts it can get towards -30 or 40c. Have fun living in a tent then. <.< Coldest it's been is -52.6c.
    LOL, I know! Perhaps tents is not the best solution, I still think I could make it work, but let's say simple wooden sheds. That's enough to keep them warm. It doesn't need to be fancy is what I'm saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    I'm pretty sure the climate in Sweden is harsher than in Germany.
    Indeed it is... And that's true for all Scandinavia.
    Else for say Norway would be overrun already by regular Europeans. It's rich, it's very social. Has a great culture and landscapes. Fuck, I'd live there in a heartbeat if it was but 1000 km more south lol

Deleted
    LOL, I know! Perhaps tents is not the best solution, I still think I could make it work, but let's say simple wooden sheds. That's enough to keep them warm. It doesn't need to be fancy is what I'm saying.
    That just isn't an acceptable living standard in Sweden, you're supposed to have access to clean running water, ability to shower, ready access to toilet and a kitchen and so forth. Not to mention, living standards dictates it has to be at least 18 degrees, preferably 20-23c, where people live, in the winter. During summer it's lower, but it can't go above 26c.

Even where I live it can be hard for them to keep the temperature to that during the winter, and that's in an apartment building with a boiler and radiators.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rofl, just read a news story....this is gonna blow up in the news soon in Finland.

http://www.uusisuomi.fi/kotimaa/1071...aata-stubbille

The finance minister of Finland (ex-prime minister) Alexander Stubb was talking with asulym seekers and she said to a Somalian woman that "I don't know how well you can move around and go places, but if you go to Itäkeskus (an eastern part of Helsinki, with lots of immigrants, poor people and a huge shopping centre), it's like Somalia, it's a great place."

And the woman answers: "Yes, I've been there and it really felt like I was at home".

Inbe4 the shitstorm this arises.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Your question was does the US even accept refugees. How does that not answer your question?

Immigrants already in the country says shit all about current amounts of refugees being taken in, or does people somehow think that the two equate? The wikipedia-site isn't even about refugees, for God's sake...is it really that hard to grasp, or did I somehow look at the wrong page?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Rofl, just read a news story....this is gonna blow up in the news soon in Finland.

http://www.uusisuomi.fi/kotimaa/1071...aata-stubbille

The finance minister of Finland (ex-prime minister) Alexander Stubb was talking with asulym seekers and she said to a Somalian woman that "I don't know how well you can move around and go places, but if you go to Itäkeskus (an eastern part of Helsinki, with lots of immigrants, poor people and a huge shopping centre), it's like Somalia, it's a great place."

And the woman answers: "Yes, I've been there and it really felt like I was at home".

Inbe4 the shitstorm this arises.
    sounds like it has some comedy value lol
    Monty Python couldn't have scripted a better black humorous joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, you can't do that in Sweden/Finland. That's exactly the issue. It's illegal. We need to change our laws before we can do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    sounds like it has some comedy value lol
    Monty Python couldn't have scripted a better black humorous joke.
    Lol, we've had people from middle east in Sweden say they feel like they're in an arabic country when they're in Malmö...

Also had some somalian woman who went back to Somalia, because she felt she was safer in Somalia than where she lived in Sweden. <.<

Deleted
    Pretty data viz popped up on reddit:

https://fairfax-data.cartodb.com/viz...a90d/embed_map

This shows where every current refugee is hosted (2014 data).

Turkey, Lebanon, Iran and Pakistan each gave refugee status to more people than the entirety of the EU combined.
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2015-08-28 at 12:31 PM.