Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There's another part..?
    Sometimes enemies run into your crosshair while you are trying to harass your teammate and you get points and climb some ladder or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Hm...Dunno! Not really into fps
    Its fine. Just run n gun. Spray n pray.

All that kind of good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Hell yeah!
    Dating is for the weak, vidja is where it's at.

The most important part in competitive games!
    True!

But can those consoles play the new games after 5-7 years though? Upgrading a single part would still be cheaper than buying a new console for the "next generation" of games.
    But that depends on the part. If it's your graphics card, and you want to upgrade, it's gonna be a decent amount still. A bit cheaper still, yeah, but close enough to be comparable.

Never been to Walmart, but im pretty sure you shouldn't buy PCs from there!
    Also sounds really expensive.
    It was just my graduation gift, it was a laptop for college work. But still! It was strange to see.

Yea I wouldn't advise anyone to have their entry point below $500. But at that price point you'll have a pretty solid machine, but best would probably be around $600, which can play the current games on high graphic. And on newer games you can just reduce your graphics, upgrade your PC, or overclock it. It gives you several options. Even if you choose to upgrade, it should be cheaper than $300 to upgrade your GPU, as the CPU would most likely not need to be replaced for a while.
    And in costs I also assume that this person would be interested in many different games, and not just play a few. In which case I've already admitted consoles would be cheaper since you wont reap the benefits of cheaper games, bundle sites, huge sales etc.
    That's still though getting close to the price of 2-3 generations of consoles at that point.

I disagree, since the console won't be able to do anything you couldn't already do. Unless you go for the Nintendo Wiis.
    In terms of gaming, the PC won't do much different either though. It's not really a poorer experience, it's nearly an equal one.

Not anymore than what normal games does. Games need to sell, and in order to do so they need to beat the competition and get positive reviews.
    Exclusives are just about which company can get their hands on the most good games in order to sell more consoles than their competitor.

Nintendo is a bit different than Xbox and Playstation, and so are their games. Whether this is good or bad I'll leave up to someone that is a bit more into Nintendo. Theirs fans didn't seem thrilled about Nintendo wanting to have a big cut out of all videos and streams that included any Nintendo content on Youtube or Twitch though.
    And yet, what are the most well known games for the most part?
    Mario.
    The Last of Us.
    Gears of War.
    Halo.
    Crash Bandicoot.
    Sonic.
    God of War.
    Warcraft even.

They're all exclusives (or were at some point at least, RIP Sonic). Yes, there's also the Call of Duties, Overwatch, and Assassin's Creeds, but unless I'm forgetting something here, there's more well known exclusives than multi-plats. Exclusives are what drives hype too! And unless the hype is No Man's Sky hype, hype can be good!

It sure is!
    But if you got the money for it..
    If. My girlfriend's laptop was like $700 and it was barely better than my $400 desktop (That was on sale but still). Upgraded the graphics card since then and mines by far better.

Those people are most likely the ones with high end PCs and which doesn't care too much about price, and more about luxury and functionality.
    To be fair, if you don't care about price, you're most likely in a situation where you can pick up a console too every generation.

Yea but the PC experience wouldn't be different from the console experience, if you have a controller that is, which you can get for a very cheap price.
    True.

I'd see consoles in a much better light if they allowed mouse and keyboard to be plugged in, to prevent gameplay from being simplified in order to attract more console sales.
    In that case if people choose to support that industry it would at least not affect me.
    I'm um, not sure of a case where they refuse MnK because it "simplifies it" to drive sales honestly. It's just why bother adding the extra feature if more people are going to use the controller anyway I would think.

Its just extra options. It doesn't mean you have to spend that money just because you can, but the more options the better.
    But Steam Controller smells funny ;p

Yea well that is the point, that they most likely would stilll buy PCs, just not game on them.
    But then they would be missing out on the Marios!

Okay so the PS3 is pretty reasonable. But by the time PS5 is realsed it means you have to have 3 consoles around to play your games. And then possibly different Xbox versions as well.

I don't see how that is the same. You don't buy a new PC, or keep an older one to play those older games. The Windows OS is pretty good at fixing most things with the compatibility mode, and when it can't, a quick google search will find you programs such as dosbox to launch those older games.

I did buy the first Tomb Raider from 1996 on Steam not too long ago, and it was actually just to launch it. Apparently it came ready with dosbox which autolaunched when I clicked play.
    Well, like you said, Tomb Raider already had the fixes for steam to be playable.

If I were to pop in my 1996 Tomb Raider disc version, it won't go as smoothly (Which I do have somewhere, but I also don't have my disc drive working anymore lol). I'm all for more backwards compatibility though. Nintendo tends to stick to allowing the last gen on their current console though at the very least.

But as I've said, I can agree that a console might be a better option if you are not interested in playing many games, and are not interested in competetive games or high graphics, or high framerates.
    I'm not sure how you're not getting many options on a console (Unless you're buying Nintendo), but you could have just as large of a selection on the PS4 pretty much in terms of genre.

PCs is still cheaper than a console for those playing a big amount of games in the long run. And it gives you more options, and you can decide yourself how much money you want to spend on those options.
    I honestly don't consider the "cheaper" that much though. You still have to maintain it, you still will have to upgrade it at some point. The price isn't really that far off from a console overall I'd say, at least close enough for personal taste to decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its fine. Just run n gun. Spray n pray.

All that kind of good stuff.
    As long as you can shoot! In Fallout 3, for example, I mostly rely on VATS, because otherwise I absolutely cannot hit anything with some guns. Hunting Rifle is the worst, hitting a moving target with it is an impossible task!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the easiest way to upload pics from my phone to the interwebz?

- - - Updated - - -

Drinking is bad! D:

Then go out and find someone willing to cuddle you!

In that case, skip the desk, just get screws
    Lol! This is Canada not Japan. You don't find cuddlebuddies that easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's the easiest way to upload pics from my phone to the interwebz?
    imgur, probably!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y-You don't have a desktop but you have a PS4?

Why are you doing this to me.. prite.
    I'm a console gamer for life. Although some of my most fond memories were certainly on PC games as well.

Still there's something to be said for the enjoyment of playing a console game on the couch in front of your HD TV.
    My brother visits maybe a couple times a year and it's a blast playing street fighter, Fifa, NBA 2K, top spin etc. PC gaming just doesn't compare. Plus you miss out on GOTYs like Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol! This is Canada not Japan. You don't find cuddlebuddies that easy.
    Go on some sleezy website and say you want a fuck, then they might stay the night afterwards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    If Tennisace isn't gonna deliver, I guess I need to supply some pics of my own. Behold.

And a few more, for good measure.

There's few things in life more fun than a good old stabbin'
    Looks like temperate forests eh.

The only thing of interest yesterday were some Canada Goose. Or were they ducks.

Not sure...

https://imgur.com/a/8CIQe

Im too lazy to quote, but I think your definition of exclusives is different from mine. Exclusives are games that a company pays for in order to have them sold only on their specific platform.
    If a indie developer releases a game on steam greenlight only (which then gets accepted), then I wouldn't consider that an exclusive unless Microsoft or Steam paid to have that game only on their OS/Platform. I've never heard about Warcraft being paid for in that manner, and didn't it exist for Mac as well?
    And those games aren't really what I'd place highest on the most well known titles, besides Mario obviously.
    And why would exclusives create more hype? "Yay a new awesome game is releasing that I have to buy a new machine for!" is better than just a new awesome game being released?

And this list shows that most best sellers are multi platform or Nintendo games. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ingle-platform

"I'm um, not sure of a case where they refuse MnK because it "simplifies it" to drive sales honestly. It's just why bother adding the extra feature if more people are going to use the controller anyway I would think."
    They would bother if consoles allowed for those options as well. More would use it, of course it would be necessary for everyone then in the FPS genre. Unless they like dying.

"But Steam Controller smells funny ;p"
    Thats just the doritos.

"But then they would be missing out on the Marios!"
    Mario became crap since they released Wii and those silly controllers you gotta shake.
    And I hate that everytime someone takes damage and reduces in size or "dies", the game freezes for a small moment, but during that moment it ignores any input you make (those who lives) and could possibly cause you to die as well..
    Its still fine to sit and drink and game with friends, but those things frustrates me.

If I were to pop in my 1996 Tomb Raider disc version, it won't go as smoothly (Which I do have somewhere, but I also don't have my disc drive working anymore lol). I'm all for more backwards compatibility though.
    Well, all you have to do is download a program which takes a minute. If you wouldn't know about that program it would take you two-three minutes instead to google for a solution. I'd say its a lot smoother than plugging out your console, and then plug in another console. Even more hassle if they use different controllers as well.

"I honestly don't consider the "cheaper" that much though. You still have to maintain it, you still will have to upgrade it at some point. The price isn't really that far off from a console overall I'd say, at least close enough for personal taste to decide."

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Anyway. I'll respect your opinion, even if you are slowly and painfully killing me, the gaming industry and everything I hold dear.
    *sobs in a corner while drinking white russian*

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a console gamer for life. Although some of my most fond memories were certainly on PC games as well.

Still there's something to be said for the enjoyment of playing a console game on the couch in front of your HD TV.
    My brother visits maybe a couple times a year and it's a blast playing street fighter, Fifa, NBA 2K, top spin etc. PC gaming just doesn't compare. Plus you miss out on GOTYs like Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us.
    Tss.

Well I already do couch gaming with my Steam link when I want. And I can plug in mouse + kb in it as well. Or use the steam controller, or an xbox controller, or a playstation controller, or, yea you see what im getting at.
    Im glad Im finally getting Tekken for PC though soon, super hyped for that and Dishonored 2!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tss.

Well I already do couch gaming with my Steam link when I want. And I can plug in mouse + kb in it as well. Or use the steam controller, or an xbox controller, or a playstation controller, or, yea you see what im getting at.
    Im glad Im finally getting Tekken for PC though soon, super hyped for that and Dishonored 2!
    How do you like the Steam Controller? Heard very mixed things about it.

And yeah, so much hype for Dishonored 2. Been doing Dishonored 1 while waiting, and am getting pretty decent speed run times

How do you like the Steam Controller? Heard very mixed things about it.

And yeah, so much hype for Dishonored 2. Been doing Dishonored 1 while waiting, and am getting pretty decent speed run times
    Well, its not keyboard and mouse so obviously Im not too fond of it. Not too different to other controllers I guess, bit unique with the touch pad which is fine. I think its probably better than the other controllers if you spend some time configuring it, since it has so many options. You can choose how the inputs behave and what the inputs should act like. So you can set it so the controller input behaves as a mouse input for example. I don't remember in my head but there was a huge list you could set it as, all kinds of controllers, joysticks etc.
    While a normal controller you just plug in I guess? I will do more testing on it once Tekken 7 is released since I'll use controller for that game.

Nice! I started going for 100% achivements for it but I got sidetracked with Overwatch and Pokemon GO releases.
    Speed runs sounds fun as well, never done that on any game besides for achivements on Portal and Tombs in Tomb Raider. ^^ How are you tracking your time? Does the save file show it or do you use a separate program for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 3 on ultra hit 62 degrees at 10% fan

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice! I started going for 100% achivements for it but I got sidetracked with Overwatch and Pokemon GO releases.
    Speed runs sounds fun as well, never done that on any game besides for achivements on Portal and Tombs in Tomb Raider. ^^ How are you tracking your time? Does the save file show it or do you use a separate program for it?
    I'm using Livesplit for time tracking and stuff. It does the job, I suppose.

I should get 100% achievements too, but.. Eh, then I'd have to buy more DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Witcher 3 on ultra hit 62 degrees at 10% fan
    Thats sounds awsome. What fan are you using?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using Livesplit for time tracking and stuff. It does the job, I suppose.

I should get 100% achievements too, but.. Eh, then I'd have to buy more DLC
    Thanks, if I ever do a speedrun I'll give that a try.

You should get them, they are really good, especially The Brigmore Witches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats sounds awsome. What fan are you using?
    ACX cooler on the GPU.
    Two 140mm intakes and 140mm exhaust in the case
    Also h100i with two 140s
    Last edited by Medusa Cascade; 2016-09-17 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, if I ever do a speedrun I'll give that a try.

You should get them, they are really good, especially The Brigmore Witches.
    I have the story DLC and did both of them full ghost no kills (Fuck that's hard btw.. Delilah is a bitch to ghost)
    I just don't have the 2 others.

I have the story DLC and did both of them full ghost no kills (Fuck that's hard btw.. Delilah is a bitch to ghost)
    I just don't have the 2 others.
    Ah okay so you just need to get City Trials for achivements then. Not as exciting I guess, but they are challenging, the achivements at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay so you just need to get City Trials for achivements then. Not as exciting I guess, but they are challenging, the achivements at least.
    I guess.. My biggest problem with Dishonored as a speedrunning game is that you need to get patch 1.2, which means nuking your save files.

I guess.. My biggest problem with Dishonored as a speedrunning game is that you need to get patch 1.2, which means nuking your save files.
    But that is only if you are super serious about it and need to exploit a glitch or for it to count on the leaderboards?

10+ Year Old Account
    But that is only if you are super serious about it and need to exploit a glitch or for it to count on the leaderboards?
    It's really only for the elevator glitch (But that is really handy and saves a lot of time).