7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    When you think about it those sounds a cricket makes are legit mating calls and they posted them just for you, take advantage!
    Draenei don't make cricket sounds as a mating call though o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    -Stuff goes here-
    As you said, they shot themselves in the foot. It's very different from the previous shows, and as a result most of the established viewer base won't like it. It's also set very late in a universe, meaning new people are unlikely to pick it up.

Your points about SG-1:
    Yes, it is rather repetitive in its locations, and the best alien encounters we got were in the fucking movie (and the, like.. 2 first episodes). The aliens speaking English is dumb, but rather required for the stories the episodes tell to be able to be contained in 30-45 minute windows, and can also be explained by them sending a translator along, who is then just dropped because his one goal would only last for like 30 seconds of each episode.

The overarching plot of the humans beating the Goa'uld is dumb, yes, and it should have come after the humans got hold of Asgardian tech (And don't even get me started on the Asgards.. Such a dumb race).

That said; it's a show with likeable characters who are likeable from the start, set in a vast universe (even if its one filled with cliche's). SGU has characters I personally find fucking annoying and want to gouge their eyes out with a rusty spoon, that skips a major part of the universe it's set in, namely the Stargates. Yes, they drop stargates down as they go or whatever, but what sold the first series were the adventures the characters had going through them.

That said, I really fucking enjoy the universe SG created, so I'll likely end up watching SGU just for the lore stuff..

Is it wrong to date yourself, I think myself and I would be great together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Ask Emmett Brown to borrow his DeLorean to you and travel 4-5 minutes in the past for a wonderful date with yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I think "Me, Myself and I" Makes it even more entertaining!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I think "Me, Myself and I" Makes it even more entertaining!
    "Did you just refer to yourself in the fourth person?". I love that movie. I love most of Jim Carrey's movies, though!
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Ask Emmett Brown to borrow his DeLorean to you and travel 4-5 minutes in the past for a wonderful date with yourself.
    But it would only last 5 minutes and then she would leave! D:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    So travel forwards in time to a moment where the human race has perfected cloning. Steal the technology, go back in time and make a clone of yourself that would last forever.

Think practical. You have a timemachine!

That's four and a half minutes longer than I need.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Well, theorically speaking your past self should reach the same point you left to travel back in time, which is not going to happen anyway because of your interference. The 5 minutes leading there have been taken by the, ehm, self-date?
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, theorically speaking your past self should reach the same point you left to travel back in time, which is not going to happen anyway because of your interference. The 5 minutes leading there have been taken by the, ehm, self-date?
    But if you never travel back, then... wait, which time travel model are we applying here? One universe? Multiple timelines?

10+ Year Old Account
    But if you never travel back, then... wait, which time travel model are we applying here? One universe? Multiple timelines?
    I'm pretty sure the kind of time travel occurring in Back to the Future applied on a single timeline, as the storyline would have never had much weight otherwise (it's all about modifying the past to change the present/future in some way).

This said, even if you never travel back none of your actions in those past 5 minutes should somehow compromise your existence, as nothing worth noting surely happened during that time, nor anything minor changed in the past could affect you directly since you're re-joining the present later. The only exception would be the famous case of killing someone who contributed to your existence way far in the past (like a parent or ancestor) or merely preventing the conceiving of yourself or one of the key ancestors/relatives that eventually led to your birth. This should technically erase you from existence, wherever you are.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-11-06 at 11:58 PM. Reason: minor crap

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the kind of time travel occurring in Back to the Future applied on a single timeline, as the storyline would have never had much weight otherwise (it's all about modifying the past to change the present/future in some way).

This said, even if you never travel back none of your actions in those past 5 minutes should somehow compromise your existence, as nothing worth noting surely happened during that time, nor anything minor changed in the past could affect you directly since you're re-joining the present later. The only exception would be the famous case of killing someone who contributed to your existence way far in the past (like a parent or ancestor) or merely preventing the conceiving of yourself of the key ancestor/relative that eventually led to your birth. This should technically erase you from existence, wherever you are.
    But what if you stop yourself from traveling back, because you want to stay with your other self longer?

10+ Year Old Account
    But what if you stop yourself from traveling back, because you want to stay with your other self longer?
    I fear the real issue would be if your past self don't travel back herself when the 5th minute comes. If she doesn't then it's like you never did and everything should just shift back to "normal" like nothing ever happened. However, your present self could theorically stay in that past time forever but so would do your past self in a further past time where she met another version of herself. In other words, you would replace her in that time.

The solution? When the 5th minute comes travel back with your past self to meet another past self. Then do it again. And again. Until the DeLorean will be inevitably full or the universe will implode. Either way, possibly before this would turn in the most messed up (and arguably narcissistic) orgy of all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear the real issue would be if your past self don't travel back herself when the 5th minute comes. If she doesn't then it's like you never did and everything should just shift back to "normal" like nothing ever happened. However, your present self could theorically stay in that past time forever but so would do your past self in a further past time where she met another version of herself. In other words, you would replace her in that time.

The solution? When the 5th minute comes travel back with your past self to meet another past self. Then do it again. And again. Until the DeLorean will be inevitably full or the universe will implode. Either way, possibly before this would turn in the most messed up (and arguably narcissistic) orgy of all times.
    Uhm, yes this is what i meant. It's a bit confusing. And I dont think the doubling would be a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine this: you use two time travel machines simultaneously, one moving you to the future and another to the past, creating two versions of yourself. Then your future self travels to that past, meeting your past self. But your past self has already done something that changed the future and made your future self impossible to exist due to the butterfly effect... So your past self will meet a ghost, which will be able to predict its future! Then you time-travel to something a bit earlier than that future, do some changed there, return back, tell your ghost that her prediction was wrong - and... the Universe collapses into a 0-dimensional wormhole!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, yes this is what i meant. It's a bit confusing. And I dont think the doubling would be a good idea.
    Yeah, it sounds a bit crazy and not really an handy solution.

I guess the actual solution is going back a whole day and just screw this.

Edit: I knew May would have totally loved this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it sounds a bit crazy and not really an handy solution.

I guess the actual solution is going back a whole day and just screw this.

Science is always interesting, even if alternative science!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Don't give him a time machine to play with!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Don't give him a time machine to play with!
    He ditched that chance already! He almost got to work for SERN but weaseled out!