Page 1 of 2
LastLast

NASA says NO asteroid in September 2015

http://www.cnet.com/news/nasa-says-c...om-next-month/

What scares me about the initial rumor is people actually believe this.

What do you guys think?

Well shit... I shouldn't have went on that crime spree.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol I Just heard this the other day. I didn't even realize it was a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Well shit... I shouldn't have went on that crime spree.
    Crime spree?

I just sold the family house and my wedding ring on a nuclear bunker!

Ruined.

jk

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    This is a very regular "thing".
    If it isn't an asteroid, there is always some other threat going to wipe us out on a given date and then a load of excuses when it didn't happen.
    Just some idiot wanting their 15 minutes of fame.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

An unstoppable force is going to end all life as we know it in 1 month

A) Hide the fact so everybody remains calm right up until the end
    B) Tell the world and throw it into chaos and anarchy for 1 month

We're doomed I tells ya

Edit:
    Actually, according to google meteorites hit the earth 5-10 times a year so for NASA to say "There is no scientific basis -- not one shred of evidence -- that an asteroid or any other celestial object will impact Earth on those dates" Is preeeeetty suspicious. I'd say there's about a 5-10% chance that a celestial object will in fact hit the Earth on one of those dates. That is not impossible in the least. Very suspicious. Very suspicious indeed that scientists would say such a thing.
    Last edited by Ryzael; 2015-08-22 at 02:11 AM.

The power of NASA to just cancel asteroids like that. Why did we even need Bruce Willis?!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    The power of NASA to just cancel asteroids like that. Why did we even need Bruce Willis?!
    To Sing

WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    I didn't even know there was yet another stupid apocalypse hysteria. I guess I'm growing jaded to them; they happen about twice a year.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post

We're doomed I tells ya

Edit:
    Actually, according to google meteorites hit the earth 5-10 times a year so for NASA to say "There is no scientific basis -- not one shred of evidence -- that an asteroid or any other celestial object will impact Earth on those dates" Is preeeeetty suspicious. I'd say there's about a 5-10% chance that a celestial object will in fact hit the Earth on one of those dates. That is not impossible in the least. Very suspicious. Very suspicious indeed that scientists would say such a thing.
    They're currently having a break for tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, at NASA:

Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Looks like Streinsand effect to me. They try to assure people there is nothing going to happen in September. But at the same time we have 5 walmarts taken over and changed into military bases which just so happen to be placed strategically along the southern board. If I didnt knew any better I'd say they are preapering for massive immigrant wave. Not to mention the fact USA coincidentally always had those military drills before both crises in 2001 and 2008, which also happen to fall in like with so called 7 years cycle known by economists or Shemitah by some religious folks.

Rational part of me tries to dismiss all this as just your regular paranoid doom talk. After all I did managed to go through 2YK bug and 2012 Mayan bullshit. But still I have this gut feeling that not everything seems right. Especially the whole plumbing issues with those 5 walmarts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Looks like Streinsand effect to me. They try to assure people there is nothing going to happen in September. But at the same time we have 5 walmarts taken over and changed into military bases which just so happen to be placed strategically along the southern board. If I didnt knew any better I'd say they are preapering for massive immigrant wave. Not to mention the fact USA coincidentally always had those military drills before both crises in 2001 and 2008, which also happen to fall in like with so called 7 years cycle known by economists or Shemitah by some religious folks.

Rational part of me tries to dismiss all this as just your regular paranoid doom talk. After all I did managed to go through 2YK bug and 2012 Mayan bullshit. But still I have this gut feeling that not everything seems right. Especially the whole plumbing issues with those 5 walmarts.
    At this point, if it's the Earth's time there isn't shit we can do about it, so there's no point worrying. Enjoy what we got while we got it and keep working to make tomorrow suck less than today did.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post

What the hell are you even on about? I don't catch every bit of news going through the web, but I really feel like I would have heard about military Walmarts and poor plumbing.

I looked up this Shemitah thing and saw that NaturalNews seems to support the idea, which means the probability that it's bullshit is infinitesimally close to one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    AWwwwwww maybe next millenium?

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    What the hell are you even on about? I don't catch every bit of news going through the web, but I really feel like I would have heard about military Walmarts and poor plumbing.

I looked up this Shemitah thing and saw that NaturalNews seems to support the idea, which means the probability that it's bullshit is infinitesimally close to one.
    Operation: Jade Helm

This is what he is talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    wasn't aware there was an asteroid impact warning.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post

4:56

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post

We're doomed I tells ya

Edit:

They've actually been doing this every time a new scare comes up. I remember it back in 2012 when people were saying ISON was going to wipe out humanity, and they recently did it back in May when, apparently, there was another scare too. Google Asteroid watch.

There are always chances of small meteorites striking earth, but they're way too small to be of any threat.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post

Hmm. I didn't think the paranoia had gotten that bad. That's what I get for underestimating crazy people, I guess. Special thanks to Cannibal Yugi (AndaliteBandit) for the Stewart video. Always a treat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.