Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Aren't you getting replaced by drones soon?
    My job?

Hell no, drones can't do what I do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The American military proving that you don't need a gun to stop somebody with a gun killing people.
    Now if only every situation was CQC and ona train!!!

That's really good, the guy had 9 magazine's so pretty sure they stopped a bloodbath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yah, right guys in the right place. How can a man get on a train carrying all those weapons and ammunition?
    At least in europe, there are 0 serious security measures before letting people on commercial trains. I also don't really have any numbers.. But a LOT of people take public transport each day in the Netherlands. And something like this hasn't happened before.

That's not to say times don't change though, neither that we might have to think about it now. But yeah, currently it's none.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    The best part is, none of them were Marines. One was an Air Force airman, one is in the National Guard, and the third guy is a college student.
    Both trained in hand to hand combat either way.

What does it matter anyway.. I heard one of the guys was in ICU, I hope he makes it out well.
    In any case with the European social system, and seeing what has been done, I'm sure theise guys will be well taken care of without having to worry about high medical bills.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2015-08-22 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    It's kind of funny how they are heroes while all they did was save their own asses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    It's kind of funny how they are heroes while all they did was save their own asses.
    So you must die to become a hero? If you survive you're just a selfish bastard?

Sorry for the lack of precisions, saw the stuff on the news yesterday evening (as you can guess it was largerly covered on tv news). Yeah, of course, thanks to the student, and I didn't care about the distinction between kinds of military. What we heard on the news is that is the soldiers heared the noise of someone loading machine gun magazines.
    Last edited by Strear; 2015-08-22 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Yah, right guys in the right place. How can a man get on a train carrying all those weapons and ammunition?
    No security checks on international trains. I took the ICE from Amsterdam to Cologne; and like with any other train, I showed my ticket and that's it.

Though I would be baffled if, after this incident, they won't increase security on these trains.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    No security checks on international trains. I took the ICE from Amsterdam to Cologne; and like with any other train, I showed my ticket and that's it.

Though I would be baffled if, after this incident, they won't increase security on these trains.
    The cost of implementing airport-style security checks would be astronomical, not to mention that most train stations will not have anywhere near the space to conduct security searches on all passengers, and the long-distance trains share platforms with the local trains in most stations. Rush-hour traffic can see tens of thousands of people passing through the big stations between 6 and 9 in the morning, and those stations are at or above capacity without slowing passengers down. It just isn't practicable. What you might see is just more police at stations, conducting spot checks.

Dedicated long-distance stations are only really at the largest airports (like Frankfurt/Main).
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2015-08-22 at 10:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    There are no security checks on trains. You could carry a nuclear weapon onto a train if you really wanted to.

On-topic: Those guys are heroes if it really did happen as they say.
    And here I was wondering why they not only have bag scanners (airport style) here in China in the subway stations, but also some new kind of body scan I've never even seen before.

But yeah, never seen anything even remotely similar in Europe.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Concealed carry.

H0h0h.

This could not have been more fortunate, two trained people who wont misstake the sound of clipping and AK mag.
    Heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    And here I was wondering why they not only have bag scanners (airport style) here in China in the subway stations, but also some new kind of body scan I've never even seen before.

But yeah, never seen anything even remotely similar in Europe.
    Doubt every town in China got it at every train, metro station.
    Europes weakness is the geopgraphy, it is simply not feasible. So many routes into countries landwise as well as traveling within.
    Cost of man power and equipment would be insane and not being a totalitarian state which love to keep people in check with jobs in police, military it would be extreme to implement.
    And more importnatly, there will require a lot more terror from our prophet 'friends' before most countries would be able to argue to the population that they would superficially put up with a police state format.
    We dont want Furgeson or China.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

This is a disgusting and asinine comment.

Idk how other militaries work, but they're trained to protect other's lives. It's engrained into everything they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Likuidz View Post
    This is a disgusting and asinine comment.

Idk how other militaries work, but they're trained to protect other's lives. It's engrained into everything they do.
    Also they did the only and obvious call. Cconfront him in a confined space coming out from a tight toilet.
    Saved themselves and a whole bunch of people.
    If they would have wanted to save themselves. Run a few carts ahead or back, emergency break, run.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    I like how they say 4 were injuried.
    2 shot
    1 stabbed
    1 actor cut his hand while breaking the security glass to make a emergency stop.

Deleted
    French Intelligent services dropped the ball yet again.

The guy was supposed to be on the Watchlists and the German Government reported that they suspectd he went to Syria. Yet somehow he was still able to get weaponry and ammunition and roam around free.

We are only lucky that this time the idiot decided to attack a train that often carries Soldiers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    French Intelligent services dropped the ball yet again.

The guy was supposed to be on the Watchlists and the German Government reported that they suspectd he went to Syria. Yet somehow he was still able to get weaponry and ammunition and roam around free.

We are only lucky that this time the idiot decided to attack a train that often carries Soldiers.
    Weapons are not that hard. former Yugoslavia is still thriving as an exporter in organized crime.
    As with the cartoon terror act. More than 3000 french at the time, bet it growed quite a bit since, where on the watchlist.

3000 ppl that would demand 24/7good old thriller movie stake out car surveilence.

It was said the last time and it is the same now. It is impossible, if someone want to get off the grid it is not that hard.

(going by the info you just posted. Watchlist uncofirmed leaving France/left france but lost at latest in Turkey).
    They might have dropped the ball but not from what just you wrote.

You're incredibly bad attempt at being clever fails because you are wrong at every level. If you had bothered to actually read the story you would know that they threw themselves into harms way to stop this guy from killing other people. If they had been selfish, I'm sure they would have stayed in their seats and tried to think of witty things to say on the internet. You should be ashamed for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    2 shot
    1 stabbed
    1 actor cut his hand while breaking the security glass to make a emergency stop.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at, does getting shot or stabbed not count as an injury?

It put two in critical condition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Likuidz View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at, does getting shot or stabbed not count as an injury?

It put two in critical condition.
    2 shot
    1 stabbed

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    2 shot
    1 stabbed
    The one in the OP only said three were injured. Are you unsuccessfully trying to be funny or did you read a different article?