Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Indeed. The dog I'm buying this fall will cost almost double of what I've spent on WoW over 7 years. And I bet some moron somewhere would have something to say about that and where my money could be "better spent".
    Ah, grats on the dog, mate. Got one joining the family next month as well ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    I'm gonna buy the mount cause it's cool and I don't spend my money on stupid shit all the time, therefore I can afford it.

GOOD DAY SIR
    Nothing can be considered more stupid shit than a bunch of pixels that don't even affect ur gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    Nothing can be considered more stupid shit than a bunch of pixels that don't even affect ur gameplay
    Reason there really isn't a reason to complain.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    I can think of something more stupid.

Complaining about it incessantly on the internet.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Can't find the link, it is within one of the many store hate threads. Written by a blue, confirming that the content on the store is indeed made for the store. So if no store, no content that is there most likely.

- update -

Ah, found it, but you were too busy in that thread not to see it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35662199
    I know that quote. First of all it doesn't even mean what you think it means, and second there's a difference between "confirmation" and "bullshit".

You can make the claim about the Mystic Runersaber (which is the mount the blue was talking about), since that model exclusively exists on the store, but if they overlap with expansion content you can't go ahead and claim they were especially created as store mounts.

It doesn't matter what they were made for. They are used for both. And it very much raises confusion about acquisition methods when your questing and outdoor end game content are permeated with those models, but you can't find them as rewards in game.

If you really think those 4 models were made exclusively for store/CE and then added in the world as a "bonus" (is it, really, though? if you can't obtain them?), try to imagine what WoD might have looked like without them. Replace all those models, which are used extensively, and tell me the expansion could have used old models instead of every single one. If you can't claim that, you have to agree they were made for the expansion. Blizzard is just double dipping them on the store.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2015-08-23 at 09:23 AM.

Deleted
    Nope, it is not.

By the way, the comment that they made "enough money" is always and forever wrong when running a business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I know that quote. First of all it doesn't even mean what you think it means, and second there's a difference between "confirmation" and "bullshit".
    Well, it does confirm it quite well, do you really think the Runesaber is the only thing? It is a reused skeleton, but rest is special for the store. Like the Reaver etc.

You can make the claim about the Mystic Runersaber (which is the mount the blue was talking about), since that model exclusively exists on the store, but if they overlap with expansion content you can't go ahead and claim they were especially created as store mounts.
    Just because it is in the store, and then appear in the game, doesn't change much than re-used models. The Fey dragon was made and sold before WoD, and it fit for Shadowmoon, so why shouldn't they just use it there? Is a bit laziness, but it is their content.

It doesn't matter what they were made for. They are used for both. And it very much raises confusion about acquisition methods when your questing and outdoor end game content are permeated with those models, but you can't find them as rewards in game.
    Doesn't matter if they are used for both, sometimes somethings happen like so. Doesn't raise much more confusion other than maybe where to get it, or why. (and the where to get it, is an easy answer). Just because it is there, it doesn't mean it has to be available for you within the game - there is no rule on such at all.

If you really think those 4 models were made exclusively for store/CE and then added in the world as a "bonus" (is it, really, though? if you can't obtain them?), try to imagine what WoD might have looked like without them. Replace all those models, which are used extensively, and tell me the expansion could have used old models instead of every single one. If you can't claim that, you have to agree they were made for the expansion. Blizzard is just double dipping them on the store.
    If WoD was made without them, they would have made something else, and then people would have complained that either they couldn't get it, or they don't like it. Some things are made, some things are reapplied and some things are just put in to appear with a little more special touch. It isn't a bonus, it is just another cosmetic thing, no rules they can't put them in game for NPC's, no rule they can't sell it, no rules saying you have to be able to obtain it ingame.

As said, a little lazy, maybe - a little greedy, maybe. But the greed comment can be used towards the player too in this case. Your post points out basically that it can't be right that they can sell it while NPC's use them - basic TLDR, they don't have to sell them though - could just be NPC only, like so many other things.

I just don't get why Blizzard won't expand on the WoW token. For years, people have been annoyed at the fact that you can only obtain the store mounts by paying with real money. So why not expand the token system into store mounts as well?

Example: I buy the Celestial Steed for 20 euros (iirc), and I can sell it on the AH for an X amount of gold.

And why even stop there? Why not even expand the token system to account services such as Race change, Faction change, Realm transfer, Name change, etc.

- snip -
    Look, it's not a matter of rules or consumer greediness. It's about content and having something cool to do.

Creatures that are in game have a "connection" to the environment and factions. If you see them while you level, and then get to pursue them at max level, it has a better, more immersive "feel" to it than if they are random, and it's also more intuitive and natural for players; not everybody learns everything there is to know about patches months before release from mmo-champ and wowhead.

On the other hand, if those cool creatures you find while exploring the world are store exclusive, the world feels like it's filled with billboards. It has a direct effect on my playing experience, it cheapens it. And a cheap world is ultimately bad for the game, because it fails to keep people interested - it fails to deliver content. If the game was F2P, it would be an acceptable caveat, but it's not.

And this isn't only about players. The subscription is a source of income for Blizzard, like the store mounts, only it's far more substantial. If the game loses 4 million subs due to lack of content, then selling mounts, which are only bought by perhaps ~1 million players (judging by old guildox statistics on mount ownership), and are one-off purchases instead of ongoing payments, and also affected by how many people remain interested in the game, it doesn't sound profitable at all to hack the world content in favor of easy gains on the store.

This is my reasoning. Though I have a feeling at this point you are just spinning arguments to make yourself feel like you're right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I just don't get why Blizzard won't expand on the WoW token.
    Because it's brand new concept for them? They likely want to see how it plays out over a longer period than one quarterly cycle?
    Converting everything hastily to tokens would probably not be very smart if it doesn't work out to their expectations.

Also OP, lol so much anger.
    I'll spend my entertainment budget on whatever I bloody want to, you don't get to tell me what to buy.

Can't find the link, it is within one of the many store hate threads. Written by a blue, confirming that the content on the store is indeed made for the store. So if no store, no content that is there most likely.

- update -

Ah, found it, but you were too busy in that thread not to see it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35662199

The art and skulls on the grinning reaver are IDENTICAL to the art on the laughing skull rep items.

But you keep on going believing store mounts arent taken from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Because it's brand new concept for them? They likely want to see how it plays out over a longer period than one quarterly cycle?
    Converting everything hastily to tokens would probably not be very smart if it doesn't work out to their expectations.
    My bad, that is a fair point. I hope we will see something like this in the future though, maybe by expanding it little by little. If anything, I think the WoW token was a huge success, at least on the US side (50k gold for a token on EU side sucks...).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    My bad, that is a fair point. I hope we will see something like this in the future though, maybe by expanding it little by little.
    I hope so too - it's a good system. Would be awesome if they expanded it to the Shop and especially the various Character Services.

i havent bought a mount since wotlk when they deserved the extra money

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I suspect folks like us are just usually the ones that stay quiet, due to not having the need to speak, or to avoid the hassle you sometimes get when folks disagree and get all rage mode on you and accuse us of being fanboys or worse lol.

I mean I have my issues, I just don't feel the need to voice them in such a way as some do!
    I'm the same way. I have been satisfied with my 11+ years of paying for this game. Have there been things I have disagreed with? Sure. Have any of them made me rage like it seems like it does to most of the haters on this forum? Nope. It's just a game and life is too short. If I ever hated this game I would stop playing. If I stopped playing I would not come back and buy a mount. I find the OP thinking that scenario is possible laughable. But people who dislike the game but are still playing might want to ride a moose. I wouldn't find that hypocritical.

With that, I plan on getting two. One for me and one for my wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    too bad it's not a subscription fee, it's a price tag on a vanity item. people seem to purposely ignore that. sure, it's art assets and time spent by, what, a handful of devs. at this point I'd assume they would have a dedicated "store mount team". but hoesntly, people can do what they want. I'm subbed thanks to gold so I have no reason to care.
    I'm subbed with real money and I have no reason to care. If people want to spend their discretionary monies on cosmetic vanity items they can. I certainly will when I lkie something enough. Also as said before me store items are created in down time by an artist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    The art and skulls on the grinning reaver are IDENTICAL to the art on the laughing skull rep items.

But you keep on going believing store mounts arent taken from the game.
    Because there is no way possible that the grinning reaver was designed by the same artist who made the laughing skull rep items.

Deleted
    Well I don't think Blizzard is God but I do still enjoy the game enough to keep subbing. If that ever changes I'll guess I'll unsub. As for the mount its kinda cool. If I have spare cash at the time i might buy it, or I might spend the money on a new real life hat. Depends on my mood that day.

What is it about this mount that people are going so crazy over. I've seen worse sure, but it's still a run of the mill over the top plastered in armor cash shop mount.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Jesus christ do i have to spell out every minority, group and sub group? You get the picture, right? People who are happy with blizzard, and people whom are not? What do I care in which category you place me in? Just answer the goddamn question.
    People that are still not happy where the game is right now are still some of the ones that still pay to buy these mounts, because they are both cool and it get them another mount closer to the next mount achievement. Having this mount achievement makes a lot of different types of people drive to buy the next one, as well as still grind older content to farm out the mounts they currently don't have. I doubt very much if it was not in the game and it did not offer another mount for acquiring the achievement. Even those that seem still grind, me included would stop doing so. Blizzard has this perfect system they put very cool looking mounts in the store and have such a low drop rate on many in the game that people literally end up farming old content for year before they end up getting the mount.

People the buy on a impulse are always going to do so, long before they actually purchase items with their brain. Our society is built in a way that we much buy and consume every thing we both need and don't to survive. Its been this way since the beginning of time and it will continue to be that way until human kind is no longer on the face of this planet, welcome to the human race.