10+ Year Old Account

Study finds almost no one supported Gaters

http://superheroesinracecars.com/201...ith-gamergate/

A research paper recently released determined that, despite Gaters telling themselves that a majority of gamers agreed with their position, almost no one supported the He-Man Woman Haters club.

Can't say I'm surprised, either, considering the movement was based on a fraudulent premise to begin with, and they are best known for harassing and intimidating any woman who dared criticize their fake outrage.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

That you think Gamergate is about hating women shows your ignorance.

In regards to the "study", even a cursory read of it's methodology shows it is flawed.

Quoted addition: "Because of the criteria that I used to collect sources, the data ended up being very biased towards what journalists, columnists and other writers thought about GamerGate."

How is that a good representation of what gamers thought of gamergate in the slightest? How can 90 articles taken from journalists, columnists and other writers and call it evidence that a "vast majority" of people agree that gamergate is about "online harassment, sexism, and/or misogyny."
    Last edited by Sandraudiga; 2015-08-23 at 02:12 AM.

I found 90 articles that supported Russia annexing Crimea. That means the world really supports Russia right?

I have no idea what "gaters" are but skimming the blog post linked I am somewhat concerned that the study is heavily biased. The language choices in the abstract, conclusion and analysis are suspect at best.

A lot of "of course", "clearly", "most people", "everyone knows" mixed in with a lot of emotional and adjective heavy word usage. How and why is this written in such a manner? What.

This does not see to be an objective or unbiased investigation in to any of the issues listed in the table of contents. It looks like the work of an amateur(s), to be frank.

As Sj mentioned above, there's already a megathread for this subject. Please use that thread to discuss this subject.