Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Wonder if the OP is feeling like a bit of a tit now as dreadsteed decks are slowly coming through and doing 'alright', certainly not worth 10minutes of laughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got overrun by a lock due a turn 10 Dreadstead, Baron Rivendare, double Mortal Coil on the steeds.

With only a Siphon Soul in hand and no more silences I got rid of Baron, but eventually the game was lost after he popped a Malganis the next turn, going into Jaraxxus the turn after.

I think you can make Dreadsteed work and justify it's 4 mana in decks like the above.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Drekha View Post
    I got overrun by a lock due a turn 10 Dreadstead, Baron Rivendare, double Mortal Coil on the steeds.

With only a Siphon Soul in hand and no more silences I got rid of Baron, but eventually the game was lost after he popped a Malganis the next turn, going into Jaraxxus the turn after.

I think you can make Dreadsteed work and justify it's 4 mana in decks like the above.
    I dont think you realize how SLOW that is, when there are far more powerful combos. Just imagine rivendare voidcaller pact/PO for 7/8 mana and getting both jaraxxus AND malganys for free IMMEDIATELY and not one, respectively two turns later... and you can have 2 actually relevant cards in your deck instead of dreadsteeds...

eidt: just for the record, you could have just filled his board with junk by killing two dreadsteeds yourself and he couldnt even drop ANYTHING until he lost his rivendare...
    Last edited by Sarevokcz; 2015-09-02 at 10:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    I dont think you realize how SLOW that is, when there are far more powerful combos. Just imagine rivendare voidcaller pact/PO for 7/8 mana and getting both jaraxxus AND malganys for free IMMEDIATELY and not one, respectively two turns later... and you can have 2 actually relevant cards in your deck instead of dreadsteeds...

eidt: just for the record, you could have just filled his board with junk by killing two dreadsteeds yourself and he couldnt even drop ANYTHING until he lost his rivendare...
    You are pretty spot on about filling his board yeah. Shame on me now I think about that haha.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    this card reminds me of grim patron :P although patron is meta and dreadsteed is at least usable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekha View Post
    You are pretty spot on about filling his board yeah. Shame on me now I think about that haha.
    It is worth noting though that there is no need to wait for that kind of absurd combo. Dreadsteeds are slow, there is no doubt about that, but because they are essentially unkillable, you can and SHOULD play them long before T10 and nothing keeps you from sacking the baron once you no longer need him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck these things are annoying.

Seeing a lot more Twisting Nether being played as well because of the deck being full of sticky deathrattles like Shredders, Voidcallers and Eggs. I almost got caught out tonight when a lock had two Dreadsteeds on board along with a Shredder, I was about to play Varian when a voice in my head screams WARNING WARNING WARNING... I don't even know if he had a Twisting Nether, I kept trying to fish it with other things before I eventually got a Grom burst win. The threat of it alone prevented me from playing Varian
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Well I lost to dreadsteed deck yesterday at rank 8, it's really not bad. Dreadsteed + Rivendare or KT will flood the board, Malganis as a finisher, lots of healing. It's pretty good tbh :P
    that's if you let them build up that combo. that takes at least 3-4 turns to set up.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience with the Dreadsteed deck, it's just Zoo but with 4-5 dead cards.

Every game I managed to win with that deck was because of Mal'ganis onto a board full of imps or Dr.7. The Dreadsteeds did nothing for me.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

The thing with the Dreadsteeds is that they're an invisible threat. You don't notice how much value they're racking up over the course of the match because they're pinging minions/face for 1 each time. So in some situations this deck can work out. And more importantly, it's funny.

I consider them a gimmick deck in the overall meta though. Not unplayable, but not meta-competitive either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.