Poll: Legion change to SV

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Poll: SV Changes for Legion

Simple question. Are you excited about playing Melee SV or should the Devs improved upon the current SV and kept it Ranged.
    Last edited by Xirrohon; 2015-08-23 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh look more bashing of the dehomogenization of the hunters specs. If you don't like the idea of the new spec, then don't play... its that simple.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

The only problem with melee survival is that melee is just getting more bloated with ppl in it. Which will lead certain classes to be excluded from 20 man raids ( prbly not something most hunters care about) Which will lead Survival into the whole debate of why not go range like people try to tell enhance players.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollragemore View Post
    oh look more bashing of the dehomogenization of the hunters specs. If you don't like the idea of the new spec, then don't play... its that simple.
    No bashing, Im just interested in how people actually feel about it. No matter how much the people against the change bitch, its not going to change. Still, they can express their disgust with the change just as much as people can praise it.

The only problem with melee survival is that melee is just getting more bloated with ppl in it. Which will lead certain classes to be excluded from 20 man raids ( prbly not something most hunters care about) Which will lead Survival into the whole debate of why not go range like people try to tell enhance players.
    Yea, I listened to the Agi Melee Final Boss interview and towards the end they address this very subject. The person representing WW Monks said many times in the podcast that its very hard for melee to get into 'world class' guilds and even when you get in, sometimes youre getting sat for ranged anyway. I feel there is also a much bigger learning curve going from Ranged to Melee than the other way around. So lets say, MM/BM is the highest DPS spec and then a patch is released while most players are still doing Mythic progression making SV the highest. There is going to be quite a lot to learn when you make that transition to melee. I dont see this as Feral vs Boom or Enh vs Ele. Those have been that way for the longest time and it was either or. I see Hunters more than ever making the switch from melee to range or vise versa more than those classes. Mainly because the gear is going to be basically the same.

really I played SV in LK and MOP (and the little I played in Cata) and they didn't feel that homogenized, I suppose you also want Warriors to have a range spec and mages to get a melee one.

*nothing wrong with adding a new spec, it the killing off of a spec a lot of people enjoyed playing that's the issue.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2015-08-23 at 08:59 PM.

I think giving Hunter a Melee spec is a great Idea. I just don't know why they took SV

Maybe they are giving some SV skills to mm, so ppl that liked the range rota from SV can play MM.

Survival will be the most sought after melee, they are a melee and can bring every buff in game, hero and a BR.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Survival will be the most sought after melee, they are a melee and can bring every buff in game, hero and a BR.
    Interesting, POV. I guess we will see.

Deleted
    Who knows what kind of utility each spec's weapon will bring... or what they'll take away, or what they'll add, or how buffs work in Legion, or ho- etc.etc.

one word. Rexxar. If anyone played warcraft 3, then they'll hopefully remember how fun that guy was. If they make it similar to that, I had no complaints and look forward to it.

Deleted
    Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite and Wing Clip... welcome back. I'm pretty confident that they will reuse these names.

Btw. was wing clip a snare or a root? Can't remember...

I like all the announced class changes they are trying to implement for Legion. Change is good for such an old game. My unrealistic, ultimate dream however is to eventually enable full reward 1on1 Arena. The new PvP talent trees which allow for better balance should make it possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Whats to bash I won't play SURV again as long as it is melee. If I wanted a half assed melee I would play one of my other classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by c000 View Post
    one word. Rexxar. If anyone played warcraft 3, then they'll hopefully remember how fun that guy was. If they make it similar to that, I had no complaints and look forward to it.
    Except Rexxar is Beastmaster Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite and Wing Clip... welcome back. I'm pretty confident that they will reuse these names.

I like all the announced class changes they are trying to implement for Legion. Change is good for such an old game. My unrealistic, ultimate dream however is to eventually enable full reward 1on1 Arena. The new PvP talent trees which allow for better balance should make it possible.
    Wing clip was a snare, and there were talents in survival to give it a chance to root the target. Counterattack was also a root, but only activated after you parried an attack.

I really don't get people who get so attached to a single spec.

The fact is that if you have played Hunter for a significant amount of time, and you care about performing well in PVE or PVP content then you have had to change your main spec many times over the history of WoW. At various times, each spec has been the clear king for PVE and PVP.

Anyone who clung to a particular spec through all the changes in spite of the fact that another spec was clearly superior, either didn't care about maximizing their performance in PVE or PVP (which is a perfectly ok way to play the game IMHO), or they were just a delusional special snowflake. But regardless, they were (and are) in the extreme minority. The vast majority of long time hunters, change their main spec to the most efficient performer of the time.

So if there is something intrinsic in the survival spec play style that you really love (not sure what the hell that might be) then your efforts would probably be better off advocating for that particular spell to be added to one of the other specs (BM Hunter with Explosive Shot ftw). Trying to stop SV from becoming a melee spec is futile, no wrongheaded. We need something to diversify our specs because there is less difference in the play of the three Hunter specs right now than in the specs of any other class.

Simple question but the answers to choose from are a bit too restrictive.

I think it's a bold move of Blizzard to replace SV with a melee spec and good for the class and the game.

Personally I will probably never play it apart from testing it on the PTR.

I probably won't use it, but I'd rather have a viable melee spec I don't use, than an unviable ranged spec with no real class direction, that I can't use.

It's always been a bit of an odd man out. Hybrid melee/ranged in vanilla, melee buffbot in TBC, mage in Wrath, to it's current position as something that's too easy to play, has no real decisions to make, and now nerfed to bones to stop people playing it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean I'm not happy about it being Survival as it's my favorite spec, but Hunters needed more differentiation for the specs, and one had to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I really don't get people who get so attached to a single spec.
    I am really attached to survival, even though I have barely been able to play it in WoD after it was butchered in the "prune", so yes I care about performing well in PvE/PvP so I play what is best, but that doesn't mean I don't still love my favourite spec for downtime and soloing.

But I'll just say that a large amount of the player base is casual, and a lot of casual players roll hunters and honestly don't even know or care what the best spec ever is. I really don't know why you think players who don't care about maximising are in the minority, half of players don't even finish LFR for example. I know a lot of those players online and they play one spec the entirety of their wow life because they really do just play what they like. They aren't an extreme minority, and I think that's a pretty ignorant statement.

But anyway, the reason I personally love survival so much is the 'flavour' of it. I find the other two specs dull as a brick thematically, but I absolutely adore the use of venoms, poisons, traps and explosives of a survivalist. I don't know why, but that just does it for me completely, all the dots and traps and explosions *.* (I'll point out I am in no way referring to the gameplay of the specs, just the vibe(?) of the abilities and theme).

So I'd love those abilities to go to BM or MM instead, but I doubt they will as they don't fit the flavour of those specs, unless they completely change them too. I'm not sure they'll stay in survival, who know what the new melee abilities will be yet.

But I'm also annoyed because the reason I rolled a hunter and have mained one since I started playing is that I love archery and animals, I like being able to use a bow and have a pet. Now with the MM petless spec getting the bow artifact, and BM getting the gun artifact, I feel torn as there's now no niche for me. Yes I can just deal with it and play BM and mog the gun to a bow, but therefore I'll miss out on the entire artifact system as I hate using a gun (and it looks like artifacts will be the new garrison with most of the content revolving around them and cosmetic skins).

So basically, the dehomogenisation of the specs to give us more options of playstyle has left me at least feeling like I have no option to play the way I originally liked anymore. I won't give up on my main character, so I guess I'll just be playing whatever spec is best and dealing with it as usual!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    It was a thingie that you macroed into raptor strike and dealt puny damage, slows target and sometimes snares target if you took a talent for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I really love playing surv these days, but I'm looking forward to having something new