Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

"SJWs Burn Down the Hugo Awards" - Science Fiction and Politics

Below is nothing but quotes from this article for discussion:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ming-they-are/

SET PHASERS TO KILL! SJWS BURN DOWN THE HUGO AWARDS TO PROVE HOW TOLERANT AND WELCOMING THEY ARE

At the seventy-third annual Worldcon science fiction convention on Saturday night, social justice warriors did their best impression of the nightmare firemen of Ray Bradbury’s classic Fahrenheit 451, choosing to burn down the Hugo Awards and damage science fiction instead of seeing works of heretical authors outside of their exclusive clique winning awards.

The social justice tendency, here as elsewhere, is driven by anxious white middle-class bloggers and authors who turn their noses up at the tastes of the proletariat. They’d rather celebrate books about coming to terms with the disabled transgender experience than a good story about aliens and ray guns.

5 major categories including best novella and best short story went with “no award.” To put that in perspective, in the previous 60 years of Hugo Awards, a total of 5 “no awards” have been given previously.

Puppies supporters say that slew of “no award” wins this year can at least partially be attributed to the fact that SJW votes were concentrated on that choice, while Puppies votes were distributed between as many as four deserving authors. The “no award” results in the novella and short story categories are a particular slap in the face to ordinary fans, who remember the genre’s roots in short-form pulp magazine writing.

“The fact that the SJWs would rather give out no award rather than honor an influential editor like Toni Weisskopf of Baen Books or science fiction grandmaster John C. Wright demonstrates the extent to which science fiction has been politicized and degraded by their far-left politics.

“The SJWs will try to portray this as a victory – they would try to portray suicide by self-cannibalism as a victory – but anyone who knows anything about history understands the significance of one side resorting to burning down its own houses in order to deny it to the enemy. That is a defensive tactic borne of desperation.”

The facts of this case are the same as in gaming and in every other industry that social justice warriors touch. They do not care about art forms. They do not care about science fiction. They do not even particularly care about talent. They care about enriching and ennobling themselves and their friends, and pushing a twisted, discredited, divisive brand of authoritarian politics.

I see we're ignoring the vote brigading that led to this yeah? Gotta get in that derpy SJW bitching?

I bet you dont even play video games, being a full time whiner must be too time consuming for other hobbies.

http://i.imgur.com/l1jTYsv.png - the most truthful statement of all time

Also aren't you an "SJW" now for whining about people voting how they want Xarim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I see we're ignoring the vote brigading that led to this yeah? Gotta get in that derpy SJW bitching?
    You mean the one that led to 'no award' being selected?
    You actually make a good point for once.

LOL oh fucking god reading that story hurt my sides. Its amazing how gamergate retards who didnt follow politics until summer 2014 now think of breitbart as some type of muckracking journalism gods. They were and still are one of the most hilariously blatant republican/right wing propoganda sites to ever exist. But hey, hating women gives you credibility that even milo fuckboyopolis is now treated as a "journalist" what a fucking joke.

I felt a great disturbance in the salt, as if millions of SJWs suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can't ban the voters as they're not a certain set of people. As far as I know anyone participating in the World Science Fiction Convention, or you know by just getting a supporting membership can vote.

Anyway I'm biased so I wont comment further on this.
    Jeffrey Kaplan: The real goal is throughout the Warcraft games how many times can you kill Mal'Ganis?

Quote Originally Posted by moudywins View Post
    LOL oh fucking god reading that story hurt my sides. Its amazing how gamergate retards who didnt follow politics until summer 2014 now think of breitbart as some type of muckracking journalism gods. They were and still are one of the most hilariously blatant republican/right wing propoganda sites to ever exist. But hey, hating women gives you credibility that even milo fuckboyopolis is now treated as a "journalist" what a fucking joke.
    Breitbart is pretty much one of the worst journalism outfits in the country, but that doesn't stop them from being right, and when it comes to *most* of this sort of stuff, they are right. The reason conservatives have traditionally been so wrong about these sorts of things is because they always acted like we had reached the point of lunacy already when we hadn't. However, now that we have reached that point, they find themselves correct. As an ardent left-winger, I don't WANT to agree with them. However, more important to me than my left wing values is my belief in reason and evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    I felt a great disturbance in the salt, as if millions of SJWs suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
    you mean gamergate reactionaries who brigaded the voting and then cried all the way to kotakuinaction, shaking back in forth as they held their pony pillows and vivian james hentai for comfort. As Fattie Mc6chins looked out his window, as the lower middleclass suburban town was hit by the morning sun, he sighed his mountain dew smelling sobs. But how...how could he make himself feel better. But alas, the brigade failed, and vox days 150 IQ was threatened. Could memes save him? Could unironically spamming triggered save his feelings? alassssssssssssss, they could not.

I bet you dont even play video games, being a full time whiner must be too time consuming for other hobbies.

http://i.imgur.com/l1jTYsv.png - the most truthful statement of all time
    Well, I don't even know how to reply to that. You just spewed the most mind-boggling kind of stupidity I have ever read. My god.

Deleted
    you mean gamergate reactionaries who brigaded the voting and then cried all the way to kotakuinaction, shaking back in forth as they held their pony pillows and vivian james hentai for comfort. As Fattie Mc6chins looked out his window, as the lower middleclass suburban town was hit by the morning sun, he sighed his mountain dew smelling sobs. But how...how could he make himself feel better. But alas, the brigade failed, and vox days 150 IQ was threatened. Could memes save him? Could unironically spamming triggered save his feelings? alassssssssssssss, they could not.
    SJW logic "Don't stereotype us", we disagree with you, omg you must be <insert stereotype here>

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    Well, I don't even know how to reply to that. You just spewed the most mind-boggling kind of stupidity I have ever read. My god.
    you just did. if you make any valid points ill just call you an SJW and say go back to tumblr, then reply 1000 times with saying "fallacy"...and then possibly unironically trigged, havent decided yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    SJW logic "Don't stereotype us", we disagree with you, omg you must be <insert stereotype here>
    awh did i trigger you? Go cry about it on 4chan, dont censor me with your ad hock wingardium leviosa ad hominem fallacy.

I was once a right winger then i saw the light, something something something affirmative action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always a shame to see awards turn into political shitshows.
    The political beliefs of the authors being taken into account by voters is bullshit.

Deleted
    you just did. if you make any valid points ill just call you an SJW and say go back to tumblr, then reply 1000 times with saying "fallacy"...and then possibly unironically trigged, havent decided yet
    Are you ok? You sound like you've been triggered, I reccommend a 2 hour stay in an SJW approved safe space.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel so sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Are you ok? You sound like you've been triggered, I reccommend a 2 hour stay in an SJW approved safe space.
    oh no i triggered you again? oh dear. I know you want to enforce censorship on me its like JRR tolkiens 1974 all over again. I read it in middle school so you know im edgy.

PS: stop being triggered.

Deleted
    You sure do seem to be a perfect example of what an SJW is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You sure do seem to be a perfect example of what an SJW is.
    oh no did i trigger you, stop getting triggered. Go back to your safe space on tumblr

Witness Poe's Law in effect.