Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

half life 3 offically in development (rumor)

http://masterherald.com/half-life-3-...-dead-3/24948/

it IS coming..but after left for dead 3
    so it's not in active development yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TcM...ion_4121056739
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2015-08-24 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today's 8/23.

HALF LIFE 3 CONF-
    Wait what? Whoah.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so some guy heard from some guy that it was coming after L4D3 and that means it is Officially confirmed?

Well, my uncle who happened to know the first dog sent into space said they actually finished it and only use it for internal gaming!
    (seriously though, it's not an official announcement)
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    http://masterherald.com/half-life-3-...-dead-3/24948/

it IS coming..but after left for dead 3
    so it's not in active development yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that website reputable? I wonder.

I think we've all known that it'll happen, but it's not a priority for Valve because they're not just a games developer. They have other successful and profitable projects and platforms, and they're always interested in pushing new innovation and tech into their releases. It was never a question of "Will HL3 be released", it was "When will HL3 be released", and it seems like (if this news is legit) someone's put a vague timeframe out there.

They're smart too. No need to rush out sequels when they've been smooth sailing in a sort of stagnant industry; When I say stagnant, I mean there hasn't been a solid, blinding new way to play games that has seen widespread adoption and appeal. Motion controls, VR and all that jazz isn't there yet. When something like that does come along though, I'm sure Valve will be all over it.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    So some guy says "Don't worry, its coming" on the internet, with no actual sources or anything other than "trust me guys, I worked for valve. *wink*"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Also, to the OP:

Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Wait, so some guy heard from some guy that it was coming after L4D3 and that means it is Officially confirmed?

Well, my uncle who happened to know the first dog sent into space said they actually finished it and only use it for internal gaming!
    (seriously though, it's not an official announcement)
    no.. it was an ex employee

and they previously had said it would never come

but this guy just before leaving or being fired knew the company definitely will make it..at a later date

obviously they could change their mind after he left the company

- - - Updated - - -

the news came from india that is clearly shown as where the the estimation of dates came from

so he probably was some call service operator for them such as customer support

15+ Year Old Account
    no.. it was an ex employee

but this guy just before leaving or being fired knew the company definitely will make it..at a later date

obviously they could change their mind after he left the company
    To be fair, it's kinda obvious they will eventually make Half Life 3, but saying "I worked for them so I know stuff" is as reputable as me saying "I worked for Blizzard and the next expansion will be about us delving deeper into the Emerald Dream and finishing off the Old Gods before taking the fight to Sargeras". I'm just a random person on the internet with no way to back up my claim.....

the news came from india that is clearly shown as where the the estimation of dates came from

so he probably was some call service operator for them such as customer support
    Hate to break it to you champ, but I doubt Service Operators know much about these things as it simply could cause a leak to spread way too easily.
    For example, when we talked about future development we generally had a team of 4-8 people who actually knew about it, and even when development started it was just that team that worked on it :/
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    look i just googled "half life 3" to check if there was any news and this stuff was uploaded 3/4 of a day ago

there was some information some years ago about a guy that was hired to do voice acting or maybe he was a texture artist or something, claiming he might be working on hl3..

until valve openly confirm it, I won't believe it either. I think they are more than likely working on the engine that will run it but I doubt they have anything that resembles a game at this point, haven't they already said that they'll do it when they all want to do it, not because of any other reason.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2015-08-24 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    To be fair, it's kinda obvious they will eventually make Half Life 3, but saying "I worked for them so I know stuff" is as reputable as me saying "I worked for Blizzard and the next expansion will be about us delving deeper into the Emerald Dream and finishing off the Old Gods before taking the fight to Sargeras". I'm just a random person on the internet with no way to back up my claim.....
    many wow game masters were fired and some of them made videos during their work hours to show what it was like

but people will whine at them claiming it was private realm/fake gm despite all evidence

so you can go ahead and pretend to be a mad lunatic wraping foil around your house incase of solar flars claiming the guy is lying but here is something that is better than nothing

No they had not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No they had not.
    https://www.vg247.com/2015/03/06/hal...not-saying-no/

they went from a maybe no
    to a maybe yes

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.vg247.com/2015/03/06/hal...not-saying-no/

they went from a maybe no
    to a maybe yes
    Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed! Confirmed!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Thread title is spelled incorrectly. So technically, this is not official.

So an apparently former employee says "its coming Soon" .......yeeeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed rumors of possibly definitely in development but not in development until after the confirmation of possibly maybe the existence of a non-existent entity that's actually a non-entity, possibly.
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alopex View Post
    Confirmed rumors of possibly definitely in development but not in development until after the confirmation of possibly maybe the existence of a non-existent entity that's actually a non-entity, possibly.
    clowns are farting when the cake is brown in china town as you frown

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a bit confused... How can it be "confirmed officially" and, yet, remain a rumor?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.