4 Healing Mythic Iron Reaver

So my question is, how difficult is it to 4 heal this fight for a first time kill. We were able to get in a few pulls on Thursday and made decent progress, we have usually 5 healed fights for first kills especially in BRF unless it was a fight where it just didnt make sense (Assault). So basically all I am asking is how difficult it would be our healer comp is Resto Druid (x2), Holy Paladin and Disc Priest.

It's doable, especially with upgraded legendary rings on each healer. Just have to have players min/max in terms of defensive abilities. However, you don't really benefit much from that extra DPS as you're most likely going to get 2 flight phases regardless.

It's easier to 5heal the fight because it has low dps requirements. The whole fight is about survival and execution, the dps requirements are very low and chances are you will be overgearing it at this point.. It's absolutely 4man healable, but healing is more valuable than dps because it gives you more room for error with some of the raid damage that flies around.

It's 100% an execution fight, the P2 dps requirements on bombs are quite slack.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

^ Agree. It's more properly dealing with the bombs that give players debuffs and making sure you don't nuke yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can 4 heal every fight in HFC, sometimes you only need 3 (Kormrok, Xhul). Depends heavily on your comp / gear and how well your teammates can dodge mechanics.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's easily possible, but it's progress. People will take unnecessary damage and cause your healers stress. Unless you're failing to kill him before a certain point (mainly 2nd or 3rd fully charged phase) or not meeting the bomb damage check in p2 then it's likely just safer to run with 5 healers, but certainly possible with 4, at this point I believe the fastest kill in mythic was 2 healed

The comp sounds fine for 4 healing.

No DPS is no problem there is no way we get more than 2 air phases with our current DPS 5 healing, problem is our 5th healer is out this week and our off spec healer may be out sick.

Deleted
    It's doable with 2/3 healers, so if you write down your cooldowns for every pounding and avoid people getting more than one ticking debuff (stay spread around boss) there shouldn't be any problem with 4healing it. If you struggle anyway you can make people stack on every pounding and then use Stampeding Roar to spread immediately after, this is going to allow you to use barrier efficiently and will boost your healing (mushrooms, pala's lod/radiance)

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterPerpetual View Post
    No DPS is no problem there is no way we get more than 2 air phases with our current DPS 5 healing, problem is our 5th healer is out this week and our off spec healer may be out sick.
    You should be fine. We 4 healed it a few weeks ago when 2 healers were away(with me in my MW offspec, a rdruid, a disc and a hpally). Just means people need to handle mechanics a bit better than with 5, and proper healing CD usage for Pound(and you have better CDs available than we did)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

If you only have 4 healers available to you it is completely possible to do it however the only way I'd ever suggest purposefully dropping a healer on this fight (on progression) is if it somehow gives you enough DPS to skip the 2nd air phase. If you can't do that adding the "extra" DPS is useless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    If you only have 4 healers available to you it is completely possible to do it however the only way I'd ever suggest purposefully dropping a healer on this fight (on progression) is if it somehow gives you enough DPS to skip the 2nd air phase. If you can't do that adding the "extra" DPS is useless.
    I wouldn't say useless. One more person to kill bombs and possibly immune the artillery is nice

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzillasor View Post
    I wouldn't say useless. One more person to kill bombs and possibly immune the artillery is nice
    Yeah but a healer can do both of those things. quick fuse have very little health and bombs are already a joke to manage anyway, and anyone can immune artillery, as well as the reactive bombs.

Deleted
    4 healing is fine

Hell, if people are on their game about unstable orbs, don't let bombs go off, you could probably 3 heal it easily.

Yea DPS like I said before is no problem we were able to keep up with bombs with half the raid down going into bomb phase, thanks for the advice guys we are going to try a few things tonight.

Deleted
    Well gl
    Personally 4 good and geared healers should be enough but the fight is fine with 5 most of the stuff need to be avoided from raid anyway or they will die only Big heal part are the Earthquakes and blasts in Airphase from artilery strikes

Pay extra attention to range, with 4 healers, most deaths will be people just not being in range of healers. (and fuckups, obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzillasor View Post
    Useless wasn't the correct word. They will be 100x less useful than another healer, while still having a VERY small amount of use, if you can't beat a 2nd air phase with that extra DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwee View Post
    at this point I believe the fastest kill in mythic was 2 healed

The comp sounds fine for 4 healing.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=summary

You're right, and only 1 guild has done it (on public WCL, anyway).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=summary

You're right, and only 1 guild has done it (on public WCL, anyway).
    We did it last night. It's doable.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We 5 healed for the first few weeks, we 4 heal now because it's farm and we kill the boss shortly after the first pounding following the first air phase.

If you can't beat a second air phase, I don't think it's really worth 4 healing though.