Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rhonin instead of Antonidas in tempo mage is hilarious

Open up a Rhonin in my packs so decided to just take the tempo mage deck and slot him in over Antonidas. Results go somewhat like this:

Turn 8: Rhonin - it dies to BGH or SW: Death or just your opponents minions
    Turn 9: Flamewalker, Sorcerers Apprentice into..

Missiles x3
    2x spare parts
    1 or 2 Mirror Images

which gives 18-20 dmg for 0 mana.

If you didn't open this bitch in a pack, he's well worth 1600 dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made him and combo'd him with Malygos, Thaurissan and Antonidas in a control mage deck, it's pretty hilarious.

And people swore Flamewaker isn't OP. I even said he would be more op in this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    And people swore Flamewaker isn't OP. I even said he would be more op in this expansion.
    The OP's combo is turn 8, requires 3 cards just for the basic combo, and requires you to keep large parts of your other combos until this turn otherwise. It is very gimmicky, and not problematic at all. This is a deck that if it gets to turn 8 and they aren't dead or almost dead then you are almost always going to be way too far behind.

Rhonin synergizes much better in control, freeze, or maly decks. Flamewaker is at it's peak, and really only *great* on turns 3-5 with 3+ spells.

Again, this is why tempo mage has basically completely gone away. It's as unreliable as mech shaman, without the payoff half the time anyways.

Obviously people have their own variants of tempo, but mine doesn't use Antonidas (or anything that generates spare parts, this sounds more like a half mech half tempo deck to me) and nor do the top three tempo decks on Hearthpwn. I imagine for most tempo mages he'd be a swap for Dr Boom or Ragnaros.

He's a little slower than Dr Boom and much slower than Rag. If he does die and you have wakers either in your hand or on the board then that's really good of course. I'd say Rhonin is a good pickup for tempo but not mandatory.

Remove Flamewaker and poof, no more tempo mages. I don't think tempo is really OP. Also it plays an important role containing shit like face hunter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Obviously people have their own variants of tempo, but mine doesn't use Antonidas (or anything that generates spare parts, this sounds more like a half mech half tempo deck to me) and nor do the top three tempo decks on Hearthpwn. I imagine for most tempo mages he'd be a swap for Dr Boom or Ragnaros.

He's a little slower than Dr Boom and much slower than Rag. If he does die and you have wakers either in your hand or on the board then that's really good of course. I'd say Rhonin is a good pickup for tempo but not mandatory.

Remove Flamewaker and poof, no more tempo mages. I don't think tempo is really OP. Also it plays an important role containing shit like face hunter...
    I get destroyed by that stupid card and I don't play aggro decks.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Oh would you let that die already? Quite a few people have already explained to you multiple times why you're wrong.

Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Oh would you let that die already? Quite a few people have already explained to you multiple times why you're wrong.

Get over it.
    Nope, the card is pretty op. If you don't agree oh well, if what happened to me, happened to you, you would agree.

Nope, the card is pretty op. If you don't agree oh well, if what happened to me, happened to you, you would agree.
    You "abandoning" your thread and bringing it into other ones won't win you any favors.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought you "beat mages most of the time" because you were "good"?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Well I don't mean Flamewaker is JUST for vs. aggro. But I mean, if you get rid of decks like tempo that do well against retarded aggro decks like face hunter, it's like killing a spider and then finding yourself in a fly infestation :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well I don't mean Flamewaker is JUST for vs. aggro. But I mean, if you get rid of decks like tempo that do well against retarded aggro decks like face hunter, it's like killing a spider and then finding yourself in a fly infestation :P
    If you find yourself facing like 60%+ aggro then there are several easy decks to counter it better then tempo mage, espically now. Druid with the new aspirant loaded with taunt cards would have a field day with aggro. Most decks can be tooled to counter aggro fairly simply, it's just it is never prevelent enough for most people to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I thought you "beat mages most of the time" because you were "good"?
    I do. Doesn't mean the card isn't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    If you find yourself facing like 60%+ aggro then there are several easy decks to counter it better then tempo mage, espically now. Druid with the new aspirant loaded with taunt cards would have a field day with aggro. Most decks can be tooled to counter aggro fairly simply, it's just it is never prevelent enough for most people to justify it.
    Purpose-built rush counters like eg, heavy taunt decks, may be great if you're facing aggro but they aren't viable long term because what happens when your opponent isn't rush? Tempo on the other hand is an all round competitive deck.

I do. Doesn't mean the card isn't broken.
    When is a card balanced? When you can beat the deck which uses it 50% of the time? 60%? 80%? Seriously, stop. If you win most of the time, the card is fine and you should have realized it by now. You also still haven't told us what you plau to find it such a big issue but I suppose you're just avoiding the matter.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I really doubt that though. I'm not prone to call a card OP because I had a few bad games against it, otherwise I would be calling a lot of cards OP.

I find it really amusing that you're now spewing your sillyness in other threads after you abandoned your own.

Silence Rhonin.

AND THE COMBO IS BEATEN.

10+ Year Old Account
    turn 8 combos are never really OP by definition since you have so long to prevent, play against or just win the game before they happen. Flamewaker is very stoppable in the early game and can be a huge blow to their chances if a greedy mage gets it removed before getting value out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just combo'd Rhonin missiles into Maly and it was the most glorious thing ever.

They'll be scraping that Pally off the board for awhile

Also, Effigy is hilarious. Killed my Dalaran Aspirant and I got a Shredder. Magic!
    Last edited by Daws001; 2015-08-25 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    I really doubt that though. I'm not prone to call a card OP because I had a few bad games against it, otherwise I would be calling a lot of cards OP.

I find it really amusing that you're now spewing your sillyness in other threads after you abandoned your own.
    The OP mentioned Flamewaker in the combo so it is relevant. I'm not saying it is op because I had bad games, I'm saying it's op because it's op. With that being said this combo will only happen if the stars align, Flamewaker however is still broken.