Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Petition to save Survival Hunters

Im not very good at these things so I wish someone would start a online petition so we could save survival hunters. Its the only thing i have played since they screwed up Marksman hunters after wrath, in my opinion. I love the priority rotation, always have and always will. I dont think this is a good move for hunters since we have enough melee classes out there anyway and getting another on the way. If someone would make this petition I would be all on board in signing it.

7+ Year Old Account
    They wont reverse it now, They already designed an artifact for it so there is no turning back
    Im excited for this personally and i have played survival since Wrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Petitions are pretty much ignored by Blizzard as a rule.

And considering they've already done the bulk of the class redesign (Legion is already in internal alpha), I doubt they're willing to go back on it now. The best thing you can do is make a post on battle.net explaining how you feel, without ranting and whining and insulting the devs.

Surv was my 2nd favorite spec behind BM, but I won't lie... I do find the prospect of meleeing as a hunter to be compelling. Who knows, it might end up awesome.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the monk auto attack had nothing to do with a petition, it was simply unfit for wow gameplay. It was what they wanted, but it just didn't fit wow. Honestly though, SV was gutted so badly in WoD it's not really all that fun anymore, it feels like MM but with crappy Dots. SV used to be a melee spec back in classic/BC it only got a revamp to make it useful in WotLK. I'm happy about the change because hopefully it will make hunter gameplay a little more exciting. Oh and who doesn't want to be like Rexxar? Dudes a badass.

Petitions are against the rules.

Also, don't petition things that you've seen nothing of. That's just silly.

But OP, they don't need saving. They're Survival Hunters... they'll survive this change, and may be better for it!

I agree that adding 2 new melee specs and no ranged specs to a game in which melee seems to nearly always be at a disadvantage seems idiotic; however, I think the idea of melee hunter sounds like a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the play style of SV in cata and mop, but it's current state is an abomination that I cannot defend despite my personal dislike of MM. Current SV is just about the most boring spec in game. I like melee. My only hope is that dual wield is a thing at some point (I know it will be a. 2H in legion). If melee hunter sucks in beta and bliz messes this up like wod, then I'll grab my torch and pitchfork.

10+ Year Old Account
    Petitions don't work. There would have to be tons and tons of outrage on the forums, and it isn't happening. I don't like it either, I don't wanna play marks or Bm, I always prefered survival ever since Wrath. Melee hunter is a bad joke being played on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalloser View Post
    Im not very good at these things so I wish someone would start a online petition so we could save survival hunters. Its the only thing i have played since they screwed up Marksman hunters after wrath, in my opinion. I love the priority rotation, always have and always will. I dont think this is a good move for hunters since we have enough melee classes out there anyway and getting another on the way. If someone would make this petition I would be all on board in signing it.
    I prefered fire mages before cata and im sure there are people who agree. when i seen what they were doing to fire spec i was ready to quit but i ended up playing it anyways. they are kinda enjoyable now so dont shoot it down before you have even seen what they do

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not at all happy with them taking away my pets as MM D=

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    They wont reverse it now, They already designed an artifact for it so there is no turning back
    Im excited for this personally and i have played survival since Wrath
    There is no turning back after designing a single weapon? I agree that they won't change their mind, but that would be the lamest reason imaginable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As someone who doesn't find any of the 2H melee classes appealing and loves pets, i am very excited by the prospect of having awesome pets with cool sword transmogs, if nothing else :3

and i don't understand why people like survival... it's just a dot class.... on a hunter, which makes it infinitely easier to keep up your dots. Even BM has always seemed more compelling to me than that.

- - - Updated - - -

"Monks will not have auto attack"

#neverforget
    That wasn't the result of a petition. That was the result of beta feedback and how boring it felt.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I'm REALLY excited for melee hunters. I've been wanting to play one since TBC when I first started WoW. Orc Hunter, dual wield axes, wolf pet, hell yeah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    Petitions are against the rules.

Also, don't petition things that you've seen nothing of. That's just silly.
    Because it's not about survival being changed and how much they don't like the playstyle. It's about something being changed. So the automatic reaction by some is to rage.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    I am not at all happy with them taking away my pets as MM D=
    Why? That leaves you free to take more interesting choices like Exotic Ammunition instead of Lone Wolf. I think MM hunters will feel more like ranged soldiers and snipers, as they should.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Melee survival thing is the reason survival dps got nerfed into the ground. They want to break everyone who loved survival hunters as they are to become unattached to it. Evil scheming plotting developers.

It's a good move because Survival and Marksman right now are pretty much the exact same thing. The change fixes that and it's a change i'm going to support.

A petition from wow players is simply trying to legitimise an argument though numbers rather than by making good points.
    It is happening.
    Grow up.

You haven't even tried it, just being against it on the principle of joining the latest "cool to hate something" crusade.

If you are that upset by it, leave.
    The game is better off with less drama queens anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    There is no turning back after designing a single weapon? I agree that they won't change their mind, but that would be the lamest reason imaginable.
    Not when it is the only weapon you get for the entirety of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeleth Bleakstar View Post
    Why? That leaves you free to take more interesting choices like Exotic Ammunition instead of Lone Wolf. I think MM hunters will feel more like ranged soldiers and snipers, as they should.
    Class Identity, I played a hunter because i wanted to role with a pet. Now one spec is turned melee, and the other has pets taken away, leaving only one choice that fits the reason I choose hunter to begin with.

I'll actually play a hunter now that survival is going to be melee.