Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ahoo'ru brawler's guild requirements?

People who've done it, what's the minimum item level it has been done with?
    What about dps numbers and burn phase 2 length? Phase 2 is maxed at 30 secs cause of spirits spawntimer?

Personally i'm at 681 half way in on BiS lfr as combat rogue, pushing around 15k dps overall with heroism and potion at the burn.
    Best attempt has been 30% at enrage timer with ~17 seconds of burn time left on the boss after phase 1.
    Don't have legendary ring yet, should have it with in week or two depending on shipyard missions.

Can anyone confirm if the boss is dodge immune?
    Seems to be meleeing through evasion on more than one attempt, that being one of the biggest problems right now, boss meleeing me to death before enrage. Feint can deal with mistakes in phase 1 and cloak phase 2 dot, but even as low as 8k melee hits from boss seem to be problematic.

Personnaly, i had problems with him in full nm hfc gear with t17... Once i got my 2set t 18 i had a walk in the park with him... But ret is a lot different than rouge, especially in tier set... Cuz i Burst like a monster truck on the adds, and the boss just fell... I think that for a clear kill you should do at least 25k dps, be very quick and dodge the light bulbs, and stay away from Ahooru, otherwize he will kill you since you wear leather, and not plate.

Good luck mate.

Madness will consume you!!!

So it's pretty much no can do situation without being a raider..
    One ring and 4 ilvls worth of gear that's maximum gainable is not going to boost 10k more dps.

Shame, last season it was the god damn Hexos and now this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Did it on the 4th or 5th try in ilvl 700 PvP gear with one or two items slightly above/below that as a ret paladin. No raid gear, not even LFR gear (Not that it matters since LFR gear is bloody horrible).

It's mostly down to the tactics once you get to around that ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    But this was the final brawler's guild fight in MoP too...?

So it's pretty much no can do situation without being a raider..
    One ring and 4 ilvls worth of gear that's maximum gainable is not going to boost 10k more dps.

You get 695 gear from Tanaan and 715 gear from professions.

There is no real requirement, I finished Ahoo'ru well before BRF was released, and I don't think my overall item level was higher than 675. Honestly it's just about optimizing how fast you can get through the angels phase, pulling all 3 of them and using some sort of efficient aoe to bring them low asap.

I did it as 634 DK. It's all about the mechanics, not the gear
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Start fight, don't get hit by balls (turn particle shit all the way up so you can see em easier) trigger 3 glow balls for the adds, cleave adds down, make sure adds run into boss when they die, get out of boss's light trap, interrupt heal, done!

If your ilvl is low, get fully buffed by people, flasked, fed, pre pot, re pot for boss. Grab some lust drums if needed as well (use em when all 3 adds are up, boss itself is cake).

If you're going into Phase 2 with only 30 seconds left, you're not doing Phase 1 right.

You need to force spawn all the angels, get them together and cleave.

Dont worry, Ahooru was the last guy last season too, and he was just as much of a pain to deal with. (That is, until "Normal" (/Heroic) Siege gear)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Ah never got past Hexos last season, must have done like ~460 pulls (i remember actually keeping track on them) on it and then eventually just gave up..

Question. How do you force pull all spirits in phase 1 at once?
    I thought they triggered from touching the different looking sparkly thingies, those only spawn after a time, 2nd barely spawns in time when i've just got the first shield charged. Depeding how fast i can get to the 2nd 3rd may spawn when 2nd is still up, but if lucky 3rd spawns near the 2nd is "dead"/charged.

Normal balls do 50% hp damage if hit ( 2 kills you, i've talented to cheat death so i can take 3, but that will be a wipe anyway, 1 is still recoverable almost) and the ones looking like paladin Speed of Light talent spawn the spirit guardian.
    I nuke boss before shield down to 90%, then stop wait for first spirit to spawn that takes 2-5 seconds from boss bubble, nuke it to 50 and make it charge the boss bubble, wait for 2nd orb to spawn and then stand on it and spawn 2nd guardian, nuke 50 and charge, 3rd orb may or may not be up at this point depends how fast 2nd goes down, same thing to 3rd guardian. At this point enrage timer is somewhere from 20-35 secs left usually, takes couple seconds boss to become active and usually instantly spawns the orb circle, so getting out of the circle and boss out of it takes that couple seconds and we're around that 17 secs left mark on the best try. Sometries have been at 30 at this point but they've ended to boss melee strikes since i've taken one orb damage in p1.
    Open with killing spree, then pop hero, pot up, adrenaline rush and maul away, interrupt the heal boss only casts it once before enrage, and soak one bubble from the orb ring the boss summons around me and cloak the debuff and nuke until i die to enrage or boss melees me to dead.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2015-08-25 at 07:53 PM.

As soon as you spawn 1 spirit, he will shoot out a star for another - spawn that one and the third shoots out, etc.

Balls are completely avoidable, just focus on it and don't move more than you need to. You ideally get all 3 down at same second or so to put all charges on at once

Required ilvl is between 610 and 640 for dps specs depending on your burst (less if you game ilvl with strong weapon/trinkets and weak minor slots like bracers + sockets etc. could probably do it 400~). The more gear you have the easiest the burst will be in p2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

beat this as a ret, right after mythic highmaul was out. was in full epic and blue pvp gear. sounds like you should go assi or learn to dps better.

What is the best class for the Brawlers guild? DK?
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Jmills View Post
    What is the best class for the Brawlers guild? DK?
    Ranged class with a tank pet or ranged in general. Many fights hate melee something horrible (go figure just like raids, the melee hate is strong in this game). It's not undo able as melee, but the difficulty ramps up quite a bit if your class heals suck.

Inb4 pro raiders who are actually horrible when they can't rely on their team to carry them. I remember people in 580 warforged (or w/e max was) lasting 2 seconds on Hexos while I repeatedly lasted the full 2 minutes on my friend's ilvl 530 resto shammy respecced to ele, no dps outside of BL -.- Point is: the faster you can trigger Phase on 2 on Ahoo'ru the less DPS you'll need to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I'd say hunters. Full mobility, easy to kite with, pet tanking (virtually immune to AoE attacks) and solid DPS.

I actually completed this today. I'm a balance druid with 687 ilvl. Just make sure you dodge as much orbs as possible and get the 3 angels to charge as soon as possible. Then nuke Ahoo'ru and blow all cooldowns. Make sure you have items that will help you, such as drums of rage,... It's not impossible, you just have to be somewhat lucky to have the angels spawn close to you.

Hunters, ferals, ret paladins were generally best for brawlers this expansion. Others may be stronger now - but this was the top 3 when the brawls were first out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."