Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

When will this end?

When is this going to end? Everything you say is racist, everything you do is sexist and everyone is a feminist all of a sudden. It wasn't always like this.

Do you think this era of "consider everyone's feelings!11" will pass, is it just a trend in motion? I'm damn sick of it. They're turning every movie franchise I love into politics. Ghost Busters? All female cast? Are you kidding me? As if that's anywhere near discrete. Thor is or is going to be a female in the comics now.

Some people are even discussing that Doctor Who should be black / woman just for the sake of it. For Feminism or LGBT rights. What the god damn **** just drop it. If you want a black female superhero, create one! If you want a buff gay policeman in a Die Hard spin-off, write the script.

But dont go calling him John McLane or anything like it. Why is everything and everyone all of a sudden so up-tight about exactly everything? I'm from Sweden and politics around here.. jeez. You mention immigrants once and you're branded a racist.

/endrant

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Greenbean View Post
    When is this going to end? Everything you say is racist, everything you do is sexist and everyone is a feminist all of a sudden. It wasn't always like this.

Do you think this era of "consider everyone's feelings!11" will pass, is it just a trend in motion? I'm damn sick of it. They're turning every movie franchise I love into politics. Ghost Busters? All female cast? Are you kidding me? As if that's anywhere near discrete. Thor is or is going to be a female in the comics now.

Some people are even discussing that Doctor Who should be black / woman just for the sake of it. For Feminism or LGBT rights. What the god damn **** just drop it. If you want a black female superhero, create one! If you want a buff gay policeman in a Die Hard spin-off, write the script.

But dont go calling him John McLane or anything like it. Why is everything and everyone all of a sudden so up-tight about exactly everything? I'm from Sweden and politics around here.. jeez. You mention immigrants once and you're branded a racist.

/endrant
    And people said I was crazy for becoming a hermit a decade ago..

Nine o' clock tomorrow, for thirty six minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not any time soon, too many femnazi's and social justice warriors now that everyone has equal rights in the west.

I would not plan on the trend of anti-racism abating in your lifetime. While there's been some back and forth, the past couple centuries have been marked by a general leftward political shift in the social sphere and I don't see any reason to expect that macro trend to reverse. Note that this assessment is free of value judgment - many like this direction, which is part of why it's happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I would not plan on the trend of anti-racism abating in your lifetime. While there's been some back and forth, the past couple centuries have been marked by a general leftward political shift in the social sphere and I don't see any reason to expect that macro trend to reverse. Note that this assessment is free of value judgment - many like this direction, which is part of why it's happened.
    Do you know what a soft tyranny is, mister Spectral?

If you want a buff gay policeman in a Die Hard spin-off, write the script.
    But if they did, you'd just be back here complaining about it, wouldn't you?

I get a chuckle out of how people got so up in arms about the creators changing the races of characters in movies like Fantastic Four and The Last Airbender, but it turns out that those movies would have been horseshit regardless of who was black, brown, or white.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there so many post like this one?

It makes me think that people are actually making racist / sexist / etc... comments and want to grab into the idea that "Everyone is such a crybaby now"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Not any time soon, too many femnazi's and social justice warriors now that everyone has equal rights in the west.
    I didn't know Azeroth was that advanced!!, i hope we get to that point soon

Deleted
    Not really. I'm not feeling any accusations myself. But it's very apparent everywhere that everyone is being silenced to better suit the "SJW's" and Feminists.

People do get offended way too easily now but your making this thread is actually an example of that as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arizona Bay (Chronosynclastic Infundibulum)
    It's a backlash for how incredibly racist/sexist everything was a just few generations ago. Even though I'd prefer it to outright racism and sexism, it's obviously gotten out of hand at this point. Eventually (I hope for all of our sakes) it finds a balance between the two.
    "....but the Universe is an awfully big place. There is room enough for an awful lot of people to be right about things and still not agree...."

But it's very apparent everywhere that everyone is being silenced to better suit the "SJW's" and Feminists.
    You're being "silenced." Feminists are being "harassed." (make sure to read both words with as exaggerated air quotes as possible)

What makes you any different than them?

Trump is changing it, that's why theres so much support for him because he doesn't care about political correctness. Trump 2016!.

Deleted
    So you're basically telling me that I have no right to feel upset about the changes to popular or cult classed movies and cartoons and politics being changed to suit a new vocal minority? Thanks. I needed that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Why is there so many post like this one?
    Because there is a certain segment of society that actually spends time looking for things such as Internet posts and creating witch hunts to get said witches fired in real life. You can't say all of this shenanigans is meaningless when some people really are out to get others, simply because their feelings were hurt.
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-08-25 at 11:52 PM.

Not having this problem. Haven't been accused of any of these things, so I have trouble relating to your concern.

Why is it politics to create a female Ghostbusters or Thor? It sounds like business.
    I never heard anyone say "no, you can't remake Ghostbusters with a male cast, it has to be female!" In fact, for the longest time it was going to be remade with a male cast but they never could get their shit together.

Instead, they decided to make it with a female cast because they had the right actresses, they thought it would be a funny twist, and they thought it might even do better business.

Why do you have to go making it into a political thing? Seriously, why? Are you so threatened that you see everything as an attack on your identity or something?
    As a white guy, I don't see any threat to my "culture" at all in this, and I'm someone who grew up loving Ghostbusters and Thor.

/boggle
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    First and foremost, you're going to have a lot of support here, you got some pretty racist people that do not like being told they are actually dick for just thinking that they can be racist, sexist or whatever.

Second, I absolutely agree with you. It's pointless and doesn't help any "side" black people won't get "better" because a white dude suddenly becomes black.

Third, we're in a connected era, you can keep your racist discussion at the bar between two lager, that's no problem, but if you take it on the internet, be prepared, it's an open communication system, don't expect to say something and not cause reaction.
    same goes for the blue short haired landwhale of tumblr who thinks beating the patriarchy is actually stopping "empowering men" by breast feeding and all that bullshit.

Not really. I'm not feeling any accusations myself. But it's very apparent everywhere that everyone is being silenced to better suit the "SJW's" and Feminists.
    You know the "SJW" and "Feminists" you're talking about are a minority, not once have I encountered one in my life, and this forum is certainly not on the left wing of politic.
    Last edited by Arkthensis; 2015-08-25 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are upset that all criticism is reduced and invalidated by others being simply labelled, yet that's exactly what you are doing here.

I can comment on everyone and anything and i'll never be seen in the eye of the moderate as either category, those who are unable to see things in moderation or context are people that lack certain things, and so don't really concern me.

Deleted
    Are you serious? I can't tell. How am I harassing women because I want my movie franchise to be left alone as it was? I didn't watch it to be fed political or feminist propaganda about how things should be in the real world. I watch the movie to escape it. For just a little moment. Please tell me that's harassment, or better yet, call the police and tell me I'm a rapist racist xenophobic idiot as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the offset of times before, the opposite end of the metronome.

The scary part is, with all feminazi and sjw's around, it might just swing right back into worse racist, sexist and homophobic ways when it was before.