Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    Can't drop Maidens/Blocks they're one of the most key parts of the deck to actually live. Plus 5/5 +5 armor for 6 is pretty insane when combo'd with Shield Slam.

If anything, TBK, Harrison and Rag would be my 3 to go. Emperor and at least 1 taskmaster would definitely be considered, probably 2.
    I agree that those three would be on my chopping block. Personally I'd keep Rag, especially since he's running Varian.

I know Maidens/Blocks are integral, but I don't normally see control warrior running 2 of each. IIRC my current control setup had two Blocks and one Maiden. Seems like a bit of overkill especially with Trueheart, just my opinion.

Actually I just checked Hearthpwn and this control variant does run 2 of each, whereas my setup was more like this. Neither updated for TGT yet. I would still personally recommend taking one Shieldmaiden out if you're running Justicar. Seems a bit top heavy. Also you wouldn't want to increase the chance to pull a Maiden out with Varian.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Emperor isn't really a tech card because his ability is so powerful.With the right hand just 1 turn of him out is super value. Tech cards are more situational cards like Mystic or Harrison because they only get value out of certain classes and certain decks.

- - - Updated - - -

Or Mind Control Tech because it requires a certain preset situation to get value.
    Well I guess you could call him a value card. He is still somewhat situational though. The number of times I've played him with low cost shit in my hand

I considered mentioning MCT but I don't think it's such a great tech card for control warrior unless the meta is gets insane. Which it might!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Can't drop Maidens/Blocks they're one of the most key parts of the deck to actually live. Plus 5/5 +5 armor for 6 is pretty insane when combo'd with Shield Slam.

If anything, TBK, Harrison and Rag would be my 3 to go. Emperor and at least 1 taskmaster would definitely be considered, probably 2.
    Completely agree on the maidens and blocks but dropping rag in a warrior deck running Varian seems likte a no no.

I'd drop Grom before I'd drop Rag in the scenario.

15+ Year Old Account

Justicar fills the same purpose as Shieldmaiden, except played in advance of wanting to Shield Slam something. You trade off having the minion body being slightly more efficient (one card to remove except two, or one strong) for increased armour generation and a cheaper Shield Slam combo later on
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Incidentally, having a 4 armour hero power is almost like being able to Shield Block every turn, which in the mid to late game is FUCKING INSANE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yeah, tested it. Total, complete crap, just as I thought.

Zero card draw. No whirlwinds and taskmasters means you don't draw and get rekt by a shit ton of 1/1

By the time you get to play your 6 mana minions, you're dead. Rush powns this deck hard.
    Last edited by ldev; 2015-08-27 at 09:58 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post

Zero card draw. No whirlwinds and taskmasters means you don't draw and get rekt by a shit ton of 1/1

By the time you get to play your 6 mana minions, you're dead. Rush powns this deck hard.
    What then you have no idea how to use it, my winrate is pretty high
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Rush has always beaten control warrior it's why it dropped so harshly out of the meta. The difference is rush is slowing down now with TGT so this deck will see a rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Justicar fills the same purpose as Shieldmaiden, except played in advance of wanting to Shield Slam something. You trade off having the minion body being slightly more efficient (one card to remove except two, or one strong) for increased armour generation and a cheaper Shield Slam combo later on
    Yeah for sure but it's only turn 6 and gives you an easily removed body. A 5/5 for 6 is still relatively solid. A block late game still cycles well and a maiden when you're both top decking is essentially 5 health to your hero and a difficult body to remove.

I do think it's not a bad idea to remove 1 maiden for Trueheart but I wouldn't remove both or blocks. The blocks are card draw and give you a kill on almost any creature for 4 mana up to turn 6.

Rush has always beaten control warrior it's why it dropped so harshly out of the meta. The difference is rush is slowing down now with TGT so this deck will see a rise.

Yeah for sure but it's only turn 6 and gives you an easily removed body. A 5/5 for 6 is still relatively solid. A block late game still cycles well and a maiden when you're both top decking is essentially 5 health to your hero and a difficult body to remove.

I do think it's not a bad idea to remove 1 maiden for Trueheart but I wouldn't remove both or blocks. The blocks are card draw and give you a kill on almost any creature for 4 mana up to turn 6.
    Control warrior has always been competitive vs rush decks.

Deleted
    Taskmasters, acolytes, armorsmiths and unstable ghouls are the tools to deal with rush zooey decks well. Also weapons + whirlwinds.

One time i played unstable ghoul against a face hunter that dropped worgen infiltrator on T1, he just conceded lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What then you have no idea how to use it, my winrate is pretty high
    Because you might be in legend atm, where people experiment with decks. Might as well play unranked for the lolz.

At ranks 15-1 this is unplayable. Deck is crap.

Here's your turn 5 without 2x armorsmiths, 2x taskmasters to hold aggro at bay:

Your deck is shit. Meanwhile dragon priest is good. Suck it up, sore loser.

at turn 10 ima gunna pley my 10 mana drop and draw two belchers and a ragnaros
    awwwwwwwww, SO CUTE <3

Control warrior is my favorite type of deck, but your TGT deck is crap. Step aside and let big boys come up with actually good deck.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-08-27 at 09:50 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you might be in legend atm, where people experiment with decks. Might as well play unranked for the lolz.

At ranks 15-1 this is unplayable. Deck is crap.

Here's your turn 5 without 2x armorsmiths, 2x taskmasters to hold aggro at bay:

Your deck is shit. Meanwhile dragon priest is good. Suck it up, sore loser.

at turn 10 ima gunna pley my 10 mana drop and draw two belchers and a ragnaros
    awwwwwwwww, SO CUTE <3

Control warrior is my favorite type of deck, but your TGT deck is crap. Step aside and let big boys come up with actually good deck.

Infracted
    Lelz, stepped out bed with wrong foot?
    Be happy i won't report
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-08-27 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    Dump Harrison and TBK for starters, you want Grom for sure and Ysera and/or Thaurissan is much better with Varian

MAJOR problem you have is almost all of your good stuff relies on battlecries - pulling TBK, Harrison, Boom out of Varian will suck mightily. Ysera and Thaurissan are end of turn effects and are BEASTING with Varian

10+ Year Old Account
    Which one is best to get instead of harrison, Ysera, Neferrian or emperor?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Which one is best to get instead of harrison, Ysera, Neferrian or emperor?
    Check the first reply in the thread and compare that to the one you responded to.
    Chances are, it's not quite legit.
    &nbsp;