Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    I concur wholeheartedly
    thanks bud

What's sad is that the OP probably already has the achievement, but is just bitching because that's all he knows how to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    You have to tell me how "It's a MMORPG" and "It has to force people into special components" intersects which each other.
    You are not forced to do anything, you CAN choose not to play. I don't imagine theres a gun pointed at your head at any time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    You are not forced to do anything, you CAN choose not to play. I don't imagine theres a gun pointed at your head at any time.
    So you say, if you dont like the reward system dont give ideas to make it better but just "go if you dont like it"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz should have never introduced flying in the first place. I was always against it especially when they made flying in the old world. Its made people so lazy added to peoples own self-entitlement.

Although if people got flying mounts from the blizz store, I would feel pretty pissed of being not able to fly them too. So I can understand that argument. Any other reason is typically invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by frymastermeat View Post
    What's sad is that the OP probably already has the achievement, but is just bitching because that's all he knows how to do.
    Internet in a nutshel isn't it :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Lore isn't a bad guy. He is doing his job. That is pretty much to pass Blizzards line to the people and take all the shit for it. Which he is doing well according to this thread. Plus we all know that the whole flying this was simply a cave in to a vocal minority. Blizzard caved to silence this minority. Eventually, as they are learning now, this minority cannot be silenced because no matter what happens or when it happens they will always find something new to bitch about.
    The minority (anyone who talks about anything on the forums is a minority) can't be silenced because, no flying yet, and it has taken long enough to suggest that Blizzard is disorganized and/or incompetent. *shrug*

I don't think flying is a huge deal, but Blizzard is strictly amateur hour when it comes to PR and management this entire expansion.

OP's arrogant response to lore's approach on flying: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ard?p=35858847

That being said, not liking what someone says isn't the same as them being arrogant. (Especially when he's right, and the people "offended" are the ones who are wrong.)
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

You really need to check your privileges.

No, they did not win the argument. As we talk about a game where wolves drop 2 hand axes and gladiators and raiders get flying mounts from bosses.

Why should raid bosses drop mounts if you cant use them in raids? I hope your and Lores fallacy gets obvious if i ask that question.

At the end a cosmetic reward or a convenience could be a reward from any gameplay component.

It's just that blizzard actually needs a strong extrinsic reward for their dull open world content to lure people into it.
    What WoD boss drops a flying mount? Use your Wrath mounts in Icecrown.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."

So you say, if you dont like the reward system dont give ideas to make it better but just "go if you dont like it"?
    Yes. I dont remember any player owning the right to say how things are supposed to be. They offered you a product. You buy or not. You dont cry at the store until you get it for free, do you?

You can give ideas, but dont cry because they do not agree with you.

THe problem is silly players, not lore.

Hes talking common sense to some of the stupid players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    That being said, not liking what someone says isn't the same as them being arrogant. (Especially when he's right, and the people "offended" are the ones who are wrong.)
    The arrogance in Lores post is that he actually pretends to know what people would like to play to gain rewards.

While it should be about options, and not single pathes to single rewards.

Why do people need the freedom to travel fast to anywhere they would like in three dimensions?

Why do people need conveniences in computer games?

Why do you need a cosmetic reward from a raid boss?

All the same questions. Try to answer them yourself.
    They don't. All the same answer. I guess /thread?

I don't mind Lore's responses to this.
    People seem to be under the impression that they should be able to get everything in the game, doing only what they like.

"I only like to do X, so i think all titles, raid-gear, mounts, pets etc should be available to me for doing that"
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

The arrogance in Lores post is that he actually pretends to know what people would like to play to gain rewards.

While it should be about options, and not single pathes to single rewards.
    It's almost as if he definitely has the data to back up his claims and no one else does.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might like the pvp gear as a reward but don't like pvp. You aren't forced to do pvp but you don't get that gear if you choose not to.

You might like the mythic raiding gear but don't like pve. You aren't forced to raid if you don't want to, but you won't get that gear if you don't.

You might want archaeology rewards but hate archaeology. If you don't do it, you won't get them.

If you don't do Draenor Pathfinder, you aren't going to fly.

The bottom line is, people feel entitled because they could just pay gold to fly before. It was a bad system. Flying should have never been introduced but either way it should have been more than a gold sink from the beginning. It's funny listening to people bitch because there's nothing to do then bitch more when they add something people have been asking for and gating it behind content. If you want stuff to do, stop bitching when they ask you to do stuff.

Do you have a better suggestion than "let me buy it with gold"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Yes. I dont remember any player owning the right to say how things are supposed to be.
    We game designers call that "feedback to existing features". Great game companies actually incorporate feedback into their design process.

Another useless thread about flying. how sweet.

Honestly, after the unfathomable tsunami of whining about LFR existing and having any rewards at all, making people earn flying just seems like a "well, if that's how you're going to be-" kind of reaction.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

We game designers call that "feedback to existing features". Great game companies actually incorporate feedback into their design process.
    Which they did by allowing flying after you earned it by doing the content, since the reason flying was going to be cut is so people couldn't not do the content.