Deleted

Wink Dear windwalker haters...

TL;DR - WW is fine, BoP shouldn't cancel out karma, hoping no other changes will be made in Legion.

I may be one of the very few people who think windwalker monks are in a very good place right now, and have to say I'm absolutely in love with mine more than ever before.

Ever since monks were introduced in MoP, I have played one as my main, never re rolled once, even when WoD was released I was very disappointed to all the changes that were made, but that didn't stop me playing.

What people don't seem to understand (especially PvPers) is that windwalker is probably the most unique spec in the game. A lot of people seem to have an issue getting kills or surviving, which I just don't understand. The amount of utility windwalker monks have to survive is unreal, and the amount of damage and pressure a windwalker monk can pull off if played correctly with TeB stacks is also crazy. (They may not have more survivability / damage output than other classes, but that doesn't make them bad!)

As a windwalker monk I never have any trouble killing any other class 1v1 (except a good feral druid), and I never have any trouble killing healers in 2v2, 3v3, or BG's. I'll admit they are a much more difficult class to play in comparison to other classes (lol rogues) but with enough practice, ww monks are insane and imo extremely fun to play.

The only downside I find to playing windwalker is that a lot of people find them useless in RBG's, and I understand why people have that impression, but hey we can't have everything, right?

Only changes I'd like to see is that paladins BoP doesn't cancel out karma, it's completely unnecessary.

I'm looking very excited to the next expansion however I hope that they don't make anywhere near as much changes to the class as they did in the transition from MoP > WoD.

Troll post?

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-1.html

only 4.1% of people rank +1800 play monk
    or, only 3% of players play MistWeaver
    0.8% play windwalker
    and 0.3% play BrewMaster

So i would say, a lot of people would disagree with you.

Main problem with WW monk is their design, not so much for damage and survivability. In that regard, yes, monks are unique.

To deal pressure, you are reliant on Fists of Fury, the only channeled melee ability in the game, and Chi Torpedo, which is also our primary mobility tool. Every WW must be familiar how difficult it is to land unglyphed FoF on a moving target without slows or CC, even more so if the target has speed increases (think ferals, who are also hard to keep slowed). When you manage to land one, you can easily get interrupted by small CC like charge stuns, typhoon, poly/fear spam. Very often the targets manage to move slightly, but just enough to be out of FoF range even when stunned.

Using Chi Torpedo for bursting sacrifices mobility that could be otherwise used to chase your target or to survive. That itself is extremely stupid, imagine a warrior having, say Warbringer, reworked so that it deals 70k-90k crit on the target. Also, lets have all warrior damage reduced by 50%, but have Colossus Smash increase all damage warrior does by 100% on that target. However, if warrior get's CC'd during Colossus Smash, the debuff disappears. That is essentially monks in WoD. In MoP, monks had all their abilities deal respectable damage, including the notorious 200k RSK kicks).

You don't really have any passive damage reduction, that means you can die in a single CC/lockout on your healer or during a stun. The key to survive is to manage your cooldowns/teleport perfectly with your healer's cooldowns. If you overlap even once, you're likely to lose vs. skilled opponents, where as other popular comps may do multiple mistakes and still succeed.

To max your survivability and burst, you are forced to play Chi Explosion for the higher TeB generation (and the PvP 2 set uptime) instead of the actual fun/interesting talents such as Serenity or Hurricane Strike.

That being said, you can still succeed as monk. It just takes a lot more effort and patience to find teammates that actually want to play with one, which is about the hardest part. I still do like monks and play one as main. I just think the overall clunkiness of the spec should be reduced, like some of FoF/Torpedo damage being shifted to other abilities, or have Chi Torpedo removed altogether. Also I think they should make Karma / Flying Fists glyphs baseline to make the abilities easier to use and also freeing up spots for two more glyphs that are considered mandatory.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2015-08-26 at 02:03 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing constructive about this thread, and it can only result in the argument that seems to be never ending. Everyone is entitled to their opinions on a class and its viability, but discussing it in this way rarely fosters positive interaction.

Closed
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch