Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    He isn't wrong and I don't disagree with his logic here. Having said that this firing is deserving. You're an idiot if you think this sort of shit doesn't have backlash. The world is the way it is.

Social media is getting all kinds of people in trouble these days.

All kinds.

Schilling needs to vote for trump. Trump 2016!, put an end to political correctness.

The fun bit is, if you're not instantly offended because he said "Nazi" somewhere... Germans in general are not hated upon because we once had 7% Nazis in our population, are they? No sane person thinks all Germans are evil, do they? So I'm not sure Muslims should be offended if he said a percentage of them are extremists. It's a comparison between Muslims and Germans, really, isn't it?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The fun bit is, if you're not instantly offended because he said "Nazi" somewhere... Germans in general are not hated upon because we once had 7% Nazis in our population, are they? No sane person thinks all Germans are evil, do they? So I'm not sure Muslims should be offended if he said a percentage of them are extremists. It's a comparison between Muslims and Germans, really, isn't it?
    Er yeah, sorry . We try to downplay it around you and Wildtree but secretly, everyone just thinks Germans are all nazis.

Ah well Dems de breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Er yeah, sorry . We try to downplay it around you and Wildtree but secretly, everyone just thinks Germans are all nazis.

Ah well Dems de breaks.
    Oh... so we live in a bubble of tolerance here. Well, that does give me fuzzy feelings deep inside... ^^
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    oh come on

Nazis were far more organized
    Bwahahah!

Made my day.

I love Germany, was in berlin this summer and it was amazing the booze was ridiculously cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    How very kind of you.
    I don't fall for it though. :>

Featured: A world where being "politically correct" is more important than looking at actual facts.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I love Germany, was in berlin this summer and it was amazing the booze was ridiculously cheap.
    Been a few times but never to Berlin; have been to Munich and Augsberg though, and they are beautiful
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Been a few times but never to Berlin; have been to Munich and Augsberg though, and they are beautiful
    Yeah will definitely go again, not that far from Sweden anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a dumbass way to get fired
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone said earlier, the OPs title is inaccurate. He simply got suspended, not fired. A few days off is not the same as getting fired. He may yet get fired, but he has *not* been fired yet.

Schilling isn't the brightest bulb in the shop, and is a painful baseball analyst to listen to. But he is an avid mmo-gamer and wow player, and lost his life savings from baseball basically to try starting what turned out to be a failed mmo (can't remember the title right now).

*Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning...that was the game, he was part of that 38 Studios disaster.
    Last edited by Auxora; 2015-08-26 at 11:29 AM.

You get fired for saying the Truth? What is this world.

Any kind of extremist could be as bad as a Nazi, regardless of religious affiliation. Why point a finger at just one religion? He deserves to be fired for being a myopic douchebag.

Employers are not obliged to support or tolerate one's views expressed on social media.

Said something opinionated and stupid.

Got consequences for it.

Free speech =/= consequence free speech.

He wasn't fired as far as I can tell. He was suspended. Or are we now pretending it's the same thing because the hysteria of right wing "news" sites not based on factual information is somehow compelling?

He was suspended from broadcasting the exploitation of fuckin 12 year olds playing a game. It's not that serious...

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why idiot meat-heads should stay out of anything not related to playing with balls.