Thread: Weapons

10+ Year Old Account

Weapons

Blizzard have said, there will be NO weapon drops in Legion and we only use our artifact... Fine..

This probably means, some time, during levelling, we get a quest to get out artifact weapon, which would (for the majority) be main spec.... But how is it handled for off-spec?

I will suspect, you go to you class hall and pick up a 2nd, 3rd (or 4th for druids) quest and then get an extra weapon..

Does anyone know?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Blizzard have said, there will be NO weapon drops in Legion and we only use our artifact... Fine..

This probably means, some time, during levelling, we get a quest to get out artifact weapon, which would (for the majority) be main spec.... But how is it handled for off-spec?

I will suspect, you go to you class hall and pick up a 2nd, 3rd (or 4th for druids) quest and then get an extra weapon..

Does anyone know?
    They did not say there would be NO weapon drops, they said there probably wont be any, and then went on to say there might be a couple in the starting quests to help out offspecs of people who hit 98/100.

You get a quest very early on (as in like first thing) for your artifact, off-specs require you to do the offspec quest to get that artifact. I imagine it won't take a massive amount of time to do the quests, just an hour or two depending on your spec. Blizzard also implied there would be some form of catchup mechanic for your offspec, so that you progress a bit faster on your other artifacts after progressing your main one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They did not say there would be NO weapon drops, they said there probably wont be any, and then went on to say there might be a couple in the starting quests to help out offspecs of people who hit 98/100.
    From a dev interview

"You obtain your Artifact early on in the Legion experience. This is the weapon you will use throughout the expansion. You will not get weapon drops in Legion. Something that wasn't mentioned during the reveal."

What we know:

- the artifact quest for your current spec will be VERY early in LEG, possibly the very first thing you do; think Dark Portal event in WoD

- anything that WOULD have dropped a weapon for you previously will now drop relics. That means quests, dungeons, etc will simply reward relics where they would otherwise reward weapons

- the offspec artifact(s) will have to be earned in separate quests; a "catchup mechanic" to make leveling your offspec artifact quicker is planned, but NO DETAILS are known as of yet

What you should remember:

Hearing "no weapons will drop" sounds weird and scary. IT'S NOT. Effectively, NOTHING CHANGES from the way things were in any other expansion. Your weapon will get better damage and stats over time, the exact same way it did before (dungeons, quests, drops). The ONLY difference is that your weapon type stays the same throughout, and that you essentially get a 2nd talent tree to level and play with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
    From a dev interview
    If you go back and watch all of the interviews, you will see that they said they weren't completely sure and that we might see a few weapon drops in the early quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    If you go back and watch all of the interviews, you will see that they said they weren't completely sure and that we might see a few weapon drops in the early quests.
    Can you provide a source? I've watched most of the interviews and have not heard anything different than no weapons.