Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only hard part of archimonde lfr is the que boss to get in

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I'm kinda split on how I feel about LFR being difficult.

On one hand, if it was difficult but the bar for entry was too low, you'd end up wiping too much because of too many badies. We've all had that ilvl675 hunter pop in and somehow manage to be outdpsed by a smite disc priest. On the flipside, if it's too easy it's just a boring loot pinata.

I don't personally do LFR anymore because It's just not as rewarding as PVPing nor as fun. However, if it's difficult come next xpac, I'll probably enjoy my time in it.

Deleted
    i like the Archimond fight its by far the most difficult end boss in lfr in a long time i did yesterday some good try's on him we did not make it so be it today i will try it again finaley we got an end boss that is not just a loot piniata thx for that blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    This confuses me.

People do LFR because they dont have the time to raid normals.

Yet they spend more than half a typical raid night wiping on one boss.

...and they like it?
    It's more that they like to live a more spontaneous life and don't want to be forced into raiding on schedule but rather when they feel like it.

I'm not sure why you feel Archimonde is hard on LFR unless you're referring to tanks trying to tank him in the green fire, and dying. Then yes, for people like that he's extremely difficult. It's sad that BLIZ even put LOS Gaming's guide to The Black Gate on the launcher itself, so you can't say you didn't see it and have 2.5 minutes to get the run down .. and it clearly didn't help.

I don't mind people complaining about Archi in LFR being out of tune... But I don't particularly see why people feel they need to complain about those complainers. So now I am complaining about those people. Next thing you know, someone will complain about me complaining about those people. Does this cycle of complaining have a stack limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    I'm not sure why you feel Archimonde is hard on LFR unless you're referring to tanks trying to tank him in the green fire, and dying. Then yes, for people like that he's extremely difficult. It's sad that BLIZ even put LOS Gaming's guide to The Black Gate on the launcher itself, so you can't say you didn't see it and have 2.5 minutes to get the run down .. and it clearly didn't help.
    Designing the game around expectation of people watching video guides posted in the launcher is stupid.

i love how people say "lfr isnt real raiding" and when a boss is overtuned they say "well you're expected to progress it shouldnt be easy"

Besides, lfr loot is worse than the loot in mop. So the final boss should be easier, not harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    It's not always about the time invested. Not everyone can/wants to fit a raid schedule.. or search around for a guild that might have a schedule that suits them. I got a few free hours tonight.. I queue up for LFR and clean a wing. Something comes up, I easily bail on the LFR group without having to make up excuses or having unhappy guild mates.

It's a shame LFR is terrible this expansion. Rather then nerfing the fights to the ground, maybe they could implement a few hidden rules that get rid of people doing zero DPS or healing, or people that AFK too much. Then the fights wouldn't even be difficult to get through in the first place.
    LFR should be made baseline normal mode and harder; get rid of Heroic; Keep mythic for organized raids. This alone will boost raiding participation.
    And for the love of all things holy, put nice looking TIER gear in there instead of shitmogs.

Deleted
    We have had some people in there yesterday (LFR launch day in EU) like me who have been prepared via guides, and some people who did not know anything. We also exchanged quite a bunch of people who did not want to wipe or whatever. Got him down with 7 stacks of determination, after almost beating him the try before that. Best thing was that you could feel the improvement of the group, even with all the leavers/newcomers. This is a thing I somehow miss in LFR, but I still just cannot participate in organised raiding anymore...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    LFR should be made baseline normal mode and harder; get rid of Heroic; Keep mythic for organized raids. This alone will boost raiding participation.
    And for the love of all things holy, put nice looking TIER gear in there instead of shitmogs.
    I would definitely want to try that, if they also increase the participation barrier (like, PG Gold in addition to gearscore).

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    if people are still having trouble downing him in a few weeks then maybe nerf him a little, considering the majority are only seeing the fight for the first time and it's more amechanics fight I would think that once people get some experience it will get much easier. group i was in downed him after 5 tries and we were getting steady progress each attempt, getting Archy 15-20% lower each time
    "a little" when majority down him with 10 stacks of detemrination which means 50% more dps/hps/health -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-08-27 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    People have already replied, but just to hammer the point down : freedom of schedule, freedom of choosing your wing, freedom of leaving whenever the fuck you feel like it. I'm all for a queuable Normal mode. I stopped raiding long ago because having to log in when I didn't want to felt like a fucking job and I felt like I was disappointing my guild mates.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I really don't get why anybody would put themselves through this. First the queue, then the determination stacking, 2 hours later he dies and you get what? a shit piece of LFR gear? he doesn't even upgrade your ring.
    a lot of people waited only for him to be released on lfr before unsubbing and going on break. dont forget atm around 60-70% of people who raid do it ONLY in lfr so for them its ending of the expansion and after that they can go on break till legion. especially that with no fel in there there is no reason whatsoever to kill him more then once

blizzard is aparently detemrined to loose as many subs as they only can this expansion. maybe is like with them really not wanting people to play demo locks this patch they possibly really dont want people to play WoD anymore only wait in anticipation for legion.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-08-27 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next step, improve loot and remove determination buff.

If it works out, replace LFR with Normal.

Congratiolations, you now have access to decent gear and are not tied to a schedule, enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    This confuses me.

People do LFR because they dont have the time to raid normals.

Yet they spend more than half a typical raid night wiping on one boss.

...and they like it?
    I think to be honest (and I agree it's a bit WTF) it's more about "I can raid when *I* want to".

Maybe they value a Sunday afternoon less than a weeknight after they've worked all day (As in sitting in front of a PC isn't something they want to do on the weeknight). Some times of the week they might be willing to throw away than others.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Don't they PTR test LFR?
    they probably let 13 year old interns do the testing looking at tuning this expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I wonder what this board, circa 2005 or so, would have thought of people screeching about having wiped 9 times on an end raid boss.
    those 2005 people would need 400 wipes like method to kill it on lfr looking how complicated and tuned it is compared to raids in 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I think to be honest (and I agree it's a bit WTF) it's more about "I can raid when *I* want to".
    How is joining a raid team with suitable raid times that don't interfere with your real life any different?

Oh, right- it's not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    We had 5 people in a guild that had already killed him on mythic in our raid. Still got to 5 stacks of determination, they weren't alts either.
    Fake. Mythic players are so good that never do LFR, their reputation would be damaged forever or worse, they could be infected with the noobness virus. If a Mythic player touches LFR is to solo it, and in fact, the ones who can't solo Archi in LFR right now are not worthy of being mythic raiders. Because, you know, LFR killed WoW.

peoples only wype on him because they are too lazy to go with the tank in the another dimension killing one only add and dont want to switch to the inferno that kill the raid with their aoe at 100 of energy lol