Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the advice, I decided to go Chillmaw and make a gool ol Dragon Priest deck, I had to craft Ysera asweel, I cant believe after all this time I still didnt have her. I considered The Mistcaller but he isint that good with the Totem Shaman deck which is so strong and popular atm, which im also running, so I think i will wait for him yet.

Does anyone know what happens if you have a golden hero portrait but play non-golden Justicar Trueheart? Do you get a golden improved hero power or a improved non-golden hero power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I decided to go Chillmaw and make a gool ol Dragon Priest deck, I had to craft Ysera asweel, I cant believe after all this time I still didnt have her. I considered The Mistcaller but he isint that good with the Totem Shaman deck which is so strong and popular atm, which im also running, so I think i will wait for him yet.

Does anyone know what happens if you have a golden hero portrait but play non-golden Justicar Trueheart? Do you get a golden improved hero power or a improved non-golden hero power?
    If your hero is golden you'll always get a golden hero power. If, however, Justicar is golden you'll also get a golden hero power in case your hero isn't.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Rhonin will probably be the first I'll craft. He seems viable for quite some time. The updated version of tempo mage I have seen so far doesn't require that much extra cards from TGT.

Varian I will wait a bit more and see how it pans out. As control warrior goes it usually require a lot of expensive cards and the number of TGT cards I currently have is 0. It's fine thought I am already rank 5 for this season, I tried to hit rank 5 before TGT guessing most of my deck would be outdated. As long I have have some type of deck to hit rank 5 next month, I will be happy with that. Since I am an arena player mostly.

Might be time to use some of the dust I have been hoarding for Rhonin at least.

Crafted Trueheart, took her for a spin in Control Warrior. Quite effective, had 3 wins (two of them roped out and quit :P) followed by a loss to another CW. We were pretty even, my Trueheart was looking like it was going to win me the game as we edged towards the bottom of the deck, but sure enough he had Varian (which pulled Alex, Rag and Sylvanas, and me without another Brawl). So provisionally I'm going to say that if you want to play CW you should prioritise Varian over Trueheart. But if you're going to play multiple different decks I'd still go with Trueheart first. No regrets!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Have this problem as well, I'm at 7k dust atm and only really care to craft golden legendaries, but needless to say I'm not gonna rush it before I know that the card is a staple in more decks than one.

Trueheart is most likely my number one. Versatile, interesting and a golden one will make the new hero power golden as well.

Aside from her, there are a few strong contenders, like Varian for heavy CW, Mistcaller is disgustingly strong but Shaman is one of the classes I rarely play, Confessor Palewhatever, although she's a bit unreliable and mostly for fun. Eydis/Fjola looks really interesting though, and actually viable in any kind of buff deck since 3/4 for 3 are good bodies in and of themselves.

Right now I'm leaning towards Trueheart+Varian or Trueheart+Fjola. But again, I'm not making any moves until the meta has severely settled and most legendaries are tried and ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Crafted Trueheart, took her for a spin in Control Warrior. Quite effective, had 3 wins (two of them roped out and quit :P) followed by a loss to another CW. We were pretty even, my Trueheart was looking like it was going to win me the game as we edged towards the bottom of the deck, but sure enough he had Varian (which pulled Alex, Rag and Sylvanas, and me without another Brawl). So provisionally I'm going to say that if you want to play CW you should prioritise Varian over Trueheart. But if you're going to play multiple different decks I'd still go with Trueheart first. No regrets!
    Varian has a chance to be better. It was in that scenario. There is some, hm, variance to him of course.
    Justicar Trueheart is less flashy but more consistent. With control, what you want to add to your deck is just that - consistency.
    And as you say, Trueheart has more decks to be viable in.

I currently have 4K dust and no idea what to craft any suggestions?

I have all the legendaries I currently want. The ones I don't have are Acidmaw, Eardic, Anubarak, The Mistcaller, Varian, Fjola, Saraad, The Skeleton Knight, Chillmaw, Sky capn and Icehowl.

I mainly play Shaman, Druid, Rogue, Priest and Paladin and have been wanting to get into Warlock, Hunter and Control Warr (not face hunter tho). Any suggestions?
    Definitely Mistcaller if you like Shamans, the value from that card would make Trump blush like a shy schoolgirl. Fjola might become staple in priest, and Varian in CW, but it's a bit too early to tell for those two.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Varian has a chance to be better. It was in that scenario. There is some, hm, variance to him of course.
    Justicar Trueheart is less flashy but more consistent. With control, what you want to add to your deck is just that - consistency.
    And as you say, Trueheart has more decks to be viable in.
    Oh, I did what you see there.

Thing is, if you're CW vs CW the opponent will eventually draw Varian and even if it only draws cards it's still a huge card advantage swing. If it puts things on the board it hardly even matters what it is, the board tempo swing is crazy. Even in a worst case scenario Varian is still very strong. In that matchup the CW with Varian is probably going to win.

Justicar is great, but it takes several turns for you to hero power enough to even catch up to the armour of a Shieldmaiden/Shield Block that you'd otherwise have. Not that it isn't really good, but it's not an immediate swing or anything. I'd say its impact in CW is much less.

Still, vs. a non-CW deck I'm finding this non-Varian... variant... um... very solid. Will do until I get enough dust together for big V.

Deleted
    People are over rating mistcaller by a huge amount. I got the card from packs and you'll notice most midrange shamans don't run it. For a reason, it is too slow.

I'd 100% recommend saving all of your dust and not crafting a single thing for a good 2+ weeks, at this point it's so early we really have no idea what's actually going to stick. Don't go crafting something that we might find is flashy but not actually good enough to be in a deck.

Yeah I have yet to see Mistcaller actually being run. Maybe there'll be a clutch deck built around it, but at the moment I'd advise holding your dust on that one.

Oh my god, I just realised why so many people are conceding to my Justicar control warrior. THEY THINK I HAVE VARIAN!!!

New strategy, build a control warrior deck that LOOKS like it's a Varian Win deck...
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2015-08-29 at 04:52 AM.

I currently have 4K dust and no idea what to craft any suggestions?

I have all the legendaries I currently want. The ones I don't have are Acidmaw, Eardic, Anubarak, The Mistcaller, Varian, Fjola, Saraad, The Skeleton Knight, Chillmaw, Sky capn and Icehowl.

I mainly play Shaman, Druid, Rogue, Priest and Paladin and have been wanting to get into Warlock, Hunter and Control Warr (not face hunter tho). Any suggestions?
    Illidan is nice for the lock deck if thats what you wanna get into =P it could also be useful for other decks as it's not lock specific

So it sounds like Trueheart is the new Boom?

I'm aiming to craft it after I get more dust, but I'm not sure how I'd even use it since I feel like I don't have enough legendaries overall to make most of the really popular decks.

No love for Voljin here! He's been a pretty good addition to my priest deck. I'm still wondering if I should make Arch Mage Antinidous for my mage deck, any thoughts on him?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsGrimm View Post
    No love for Voljin here! He's been a pretty good addition to my priest deck. I'm still wondering if I should make Arch Mage Antinidous for my mage deck, any thoughts on him?
    Archmage is still really solid as far as I know, but I might not know much! The only reason they're not being mentioned is this is more focusing on the newest legendaries.

At a glance, 4 of the top 6 rated decks/whatever on Hearthpwn still use Archmage for what it's worth. Granted they might drop out soon as TGT starts to become more readily available to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So it sounds like Trueheart is the new Boom?

I'm aiming to craft it after I get more dust, but I'm not sure how I'd even use it since I feel like I don't have enough legendaries overall to make most of the really popular decks.
    Only in certain classes, and not nearly as strong. It's strongest in Paladin (2 dudes), Shaman (pick your totem), Druid (2 armor 2 attack), and Priest (cause Auchenei, and to heal minions back to full).

While I wouldn't recommend crafting it because idk how viable it will wind up being, I've been enjoying my Pirate rogue deck with sky cap'n
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disenchanted my golden Nat Pagle for Justicar Trueheart. Her effect is pretty darn crazy. The only issue is if you're able to survive till turn 6 to be able to drop her on the board. Though, once you do, you will get so much value out of it.

Deleted
    I usually craft golden legendaries of new sets that become staples in decks that I like to play so I started by crafting Varian and Justicar because I was 100% sure those 2 would see play and since my main is control warrior It made every sense starting with those. Then I played with my non-golden Rhonin on an Antonidas deck and liked the results (bombarding the opponent's board with Flamewaker+3 Arcane Missiles+other spells is pretty crazy) so I crafted a golden Rhonin. Chillmaw is seeing a lot of play in Dragon decks and since that was a thing I tried a lot after BRM and wished it could become competitive in the future I went on to craft a golden Chillmaw. Finally, the last golden legendary I crafted was Gormok because after seeing him in action it's pretty much concensual that he is very good in Zoo and token decks.

As for the rest, I opened a golden Aviana and a golden Dreadscale so I am holding on to those in case some competitive deck that includes them appears and I have enough dust to craft 2 more golden legendaries, which will depend on what happens in the following weeks. I absolutely wanted to craft the Twin Valkyrs in golden (they look amazing) but I haven't seen too many streamers experimenting with them and having huge success so I prefer to wait a while and see what happens. Another one that was under my radar but I wasn't sure of was the Mistcaller, but I have seen Reynad and Kripparian testing him and they considered him so underwhelming that I don't even consider him as a future addition to my collection (but who knows).
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-08-29 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I crafted Trueheart but kind of regretting it. She just seems a bit too slow against aggro, and the armor doesn't do much in control. Idk, I'll keep faithfully testing since I love the idea behind her (at least in pal/war/priest/ - i dont see the use in other classes)

Deleted
    Trueheart so far looks like a good legendary, but most the decks she is in are expensive decks. Make sure when crafting new legendaries you're actually going to use them, you don't want to craft trueheart and realise "Oh, I don't have grom/varian/tirion so I can't make any of the decks that actually run my brand new legendary"

Craft something you have immediate plans to use, and if you don't have immediate plans on any deck then don't craft any cards until you do.