quick trinket question

What two trinkets are better to use as affliction out of these....normal Fragment, HWF IRP, CSP, heroic DSI. TY in advance.

that question is too broad to answer but lets just say for ST (I.E iron reaver) i would take DSI and IRP and for 2+ targets (I.E high council) i would go with DSI and Fragment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pherox View Post
    for 2+ targets (I.E high council) i would go with DSI and Fragment.
    I dont like fragment on council, you're constantly refreshing dots, i guess it's okay on normal and heroic. but on mythic you NEED the focus damage.
    i use heroic dsi and mythic piston. (For every fight mostly, i'm really lazy with swapping out my trinket every other fight)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarkcoco View Post
    I dont like fragment on council, you're constantly refreshing dots, i guess it's okay on normal and heroic. but on mythic you NEED the focus damage.
    i use heroic dsi and mythic piston. (For every fight mostly, i'm really lazy with swapping out my trinket every other fight)
    Fragment is much better on council. Even for full on focused ST damage, piston hardly does better than fragment. If you DoT a secondary target at all on the fight, then fragment's value is increased much more. Unless you are literally doing nothing but keeping DoTs on one mob and drain souling it while completely ignoring the other 2 for the entire fight, then I'd recommend fragment still.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarkcoco View Post
    I used to think like you did but after some playing around with Heroic Piston and Heroic Fragment with a socket i've came to the conclusion after testing that refreshing the dots more frequently using fragment as opposed to more drain souling that fragment does indeed produce more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Atroxe View Post
    Fragment is much better on council. Even for full on focused ST damage, piston hardly does better than fragment. If you DoT a secondary target at all on the fight, then fragment's value is increased much more. Unless you are literally doing nothing but keeping DoTs on one mob and drain souling it while completely ignoring the other 2 for the entire fight, then I'd recommend fragment still.
    Just a quick question, i have heroic Fragment with a 75 mastery gem in it, would that be better than using heroic piston on single target fights like zakuun, reaver and tyrant with the additional mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeum View Post
    Just a quick question, i have heroic Fragment with a 75 mastery gem in it, would that be better than using heroic piston on single target fights like zakuun, reaver and tyrant with the additional mob.
    Yes. Only Mythic Piston and Heroic Fragment are comparable. Heroic Piston is a decent bit weaker than Heroic Fragment, especially with a socket.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV