Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    wish i made 32k a year

Ill make fake profiles for that!
    Lol same. And I'll feel horrible about it afterwards but who cares?! It's frikign 32k/year rather than 0/year =P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Don't stereotype. Women want sex just as badly if not more than men and they actually think about it more than men.
    Unless you've been both, I'm not sure how you could know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Bucket View Post
    You'll need to fill us in on your logic. Not everyone here is fluent in crazy.
    My logic is a lot like me, infallible. Your lack of understanding is your problem.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-08-27 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andus View Post
    My logic is a lot like me, infallible. Your lack of understanding is your problem.
    *weeeeowwwweeeeowwwwoeeeoww* *screeech* *roll roll roll* You been drinking, son?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

In my experience, it is the case most women (not all, but most) have far more suitors or opportunities for partnerships (serious or casual) than most (not all, but most) men will have in their entire lifetime.

It is absurdly simple for a woman to get a "date". To the very point of needing no effort whatsoever- she literally just has to show up and smile at someone in many cases.

Women tend to be choosy for a reason. They are usually solicited upon from puberty till old age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lava Bucket View Post
    It's because if a woman wants to have an affair, she just goes to a place where there's people and does it.
    This ^ plus the fact that Women aren't nearly as desperate or as stupid to cheat on something like a website?

Deleted
    What are you saying we can't trust dating sites anymore?

Its almost like the internet is made up of lies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    What she found:
    - Nearly all of the female accounts were likely fake and maintained by the company.
    - Only 1,492 of the women in the database had ever opened their inbox to check their messages on the site. That's compared with more than 20 million men.
    - Only 2,409 of the women had ever used the site's chat function, versus more than 11 million men.
    - Only 9,700 of the women had ever responded to a message from another person on the site, versus almost 6 million men.
    Im having a hard time understanding these numbers. How come only 1500 women looked at their inbox, yet almost 10k sent replies?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abajaba View Post
    The site was named Ashley Madison. There's some pretty simple psychology at play there. There are basic social dynamics that encourage the roles of men as seekers and women as the sought after. Men flocked to a woman's name to seek women. News at 11.
    Good point

wonder how successful it would have been if it were named "Harold Ferguson"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abajaba View Post
    The site was named Ashley Madison. There's some pretty simple psychology at play there. There are basic social dynamics that encourage the roles of men as seekers and women as the sought after. Men flocked to a woman's name to seek women. News at 11.
    Sounds logical

Wasn't there some shitty TV commercial about it as well with some dancing douchebag guys, exclusively guys talking about how great a site that was to find an affair? Think I saw that on a John Oliver episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    So I thought this was pretty humorous. A reporter has gone through the Ashley Madison leak and it turns out, there were hardly any women using it at all.

What she found:
    - Nearly all of the female accounts were likely fake and maintained by the company.
    - Only 1,492 of the women in the database had ever opened their inbox to check their messages on the site. That's compared with more than 20 million men.
    - Only 2,409 of the women had ever used the site's chat function, versus more than 11 million men.
    - Only 9,700 of the women had ever responded to a message from another person on the site, versus almost 6 million men.

So while having an account there means intent to cheat, it's probably that the vast, vast majority of users never got anything out of it. To put the chat numbers in perspective, there was roughly 4400 men for every 1 woman using it.

If it's not an indicator of willingness to cheat, it's at the very least an indicator that women are less likely to do so via this sort of dating site.

http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-th...ase-1725558944
    How does that work out.

If only 1,492 women ever opened their inbox, how can 9,700 women have responded to a message?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    Im having a hard time understanding these numbers. How come only 1500 women looked at their inbox, yet almost 10k sent replies?
    Because most likely the data was pulled out of someones ass as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    It mentions it in the article. Apparently there was a function where you could auto-reply to all your messages w/out ever opening them. It means that those accounts were fakes pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    How does that work out.

If only 1,492 women ever opened their inbox, how can 9,700 women have responded to a message?
    It literally talks about this disparity in the article.

I mean, there's even a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    *weeeeowwwweeeeowwwwoeeeoww* *screeech* *roll roll roll* You been drinking, son?
    I don't pollute my body with such things. But if I did, I'd be better at it than you

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Women like to talk about sex, men like to have sex.
    Not in my chinese girl cartoon strips they don't.

A man's fantasy that he can go to a website and while supposedly married or in a relationship have guilt free or no worries sex w/o being caught. No surprise.

As a man I will say we tend to think very much with our little head than our big head. Women are wired different. While some cheat they do it for other reasons mainly than just to bang as many men as they can.

Chris Rock said it best “Men are as faithful as their options.”

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I love sausage.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    In a slightly related way, myself and a guy at work were looking through a local newspaper and came to the Singles page. Most of the women (70% or so) either outright said they were married, or wanted discreet daytime fun.

Woman generally want to meet with social face to face interaction and develop a friendship/trust before they would cheat or feel a desire too, men generally are just looking to get laid and the statistics prove it time and again on these sort of websites. When woman cheat it's almost always someone they met in a social circle, friend of a friend, etc. The amount of woman looking to find a stranger actively cheating on a website is a extremely small margin which the numbers clearly show. Sadly and kind of funny at the same time that most men don't catch on too this.