10+ Year Old Account

Fallout Shelter for Amazon Kindle?

Its the only touch screen device I own, but I can't seem to find a link to a download that works with it, and an internet search hasn't helped. Anyone have this on their Kindle care to help me out?

Deleted
    As I understand the Fire OS is a highly customised version of Android, so much so that many Android apps won't work on it without modifications.

That said it is possible to install the google store and download the apps via that, but they aren't guaranteed to work.

http://www.gizmag.com/how-to-install...-hd-hdx/30736/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    As I understand the Fire OS is a highly customised version of Android, so much so that many Android apps won't work on it without modifications.

That said it is possible to install the google store and download the apps via that, but they aren't guaranteed to work.

http://www.gizmag.com/how-to-install...-hd-hdx/30736/
    Thanks, that really helps! Ill let you know if it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, that page has a broken download link =(

I have Fire HD7, I just downloaded the .apk file and cache for Shelter, transferred both to the SD card, installed the game via .apk file, and copied the cache to SD-card/Android/data
    Works like a charm. Occasionally it says the game can't work without google play, but I just tap on the other space on screen, it disappears and the game works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I have Fire HD7, I just downloaded the .apk file and cache for Shelter, transferred both to the SD card, installed the game via .apk file, and copied the cache to SD-card/Android/data
    Works like a charm. Occasionally it says the game can't work without google play, but I just tap on the other space on screen, it disappears and the game works.
    Can I get a link to where you downloaded said files from? Is it possible to just use the Google Play store without having a compatible device?

It's a torrent link so I'll PM it to you.
    As for using google play on an incompatible device - you can, but you need your device to be rooted. I never did that, I just download the .apk and cache files of the games, transfer them to the sd-card, and install them manually. Some don't work, but most of them do.

Forgot to mention, I'm using ES File Explorer 3 to navigate through files on kindle. Some games require the cache to be in SD-Card/Android/data. Some SD-Card/Android/obb. Shelter needs to be in the latter, made a little mistake in the previous post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, thanks! Ima need my good computer to use a torrent, and its Out of Order ATM, but this sounds promising! Might be I don't need to buy a phone after all.