Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Like, shit, now if I had something to do with it . . .
    Indeed... I'm currently sitting on a fucking fortune, but there's nothing to spend it on. The only thing that I would spend gold on is enchanting, but oh what do you know, that requires Death's Breaths, which I'm currently out of, because the demand far outstrips the supply .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Yes, the limiting factor with everything in D3 is not gold but the other materials.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2015-09-21 at 05:59 PM.

I actually have enough of everything but reusable parts. Have 5000 dust, and crystals but 500 parts. Yes I use the shit out of them upgrading rares for legendaries but it still sucks that there's not an efficient way to obtain them. I would totally pay gold(which all of us seem to have too much of) for whites that I can salvage or even pay lots of gold specifically for said material.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would laugh if the "Gold Sink" for next patch they were talking about was a vendor that sold crafting mats .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I actually have enough of everything but reusable parts. Have 5000 dust, and crystals but 500 parts. Yes I use the shit out of them upgrading rares for legendaries but it still sucks that there's not an efficient way to obtain them. I would totally pay gold(which all of us seem to have too much of) for whites that I can salvage or even pay lots of gold specifically for said material.
    Well, this is awkward.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    I totally forgot about that..or didn't look enough into the cube about that...either way I could kiss you right now...

There has got to be a Death's Breath recipe or trade-in thingy coming. They do not drop in quantity needed for all the stuff that requires DB now- and the new stuff requires a lot of DB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed... Finally got a decent amount of DBs...

Spent about 5mins turning rares into Legendaries, still don't have the weapon I need and now I have no more DBs

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There has got to be a Death's Breath recipe or trade-in thingy coming. They do not drop in quantity needed for all the stuff that requires DB now- and the new stuff requires a lot of DB.
    You can get DB fairly quickly. 1 t8 rift with sage set usually nets me 40-50 DB. Takes about 2-4 minutes depending on spawns. Besides if they had a recipie for DB's it would most likely be something to do with the bounties, so you'd just have to farm those anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Indeed... Finally got a decent amount of DBs...

Spent about 5mins turning rares into Legendaries, still don't have the weapon I need and now I have no more DBs
    I've spent well over 1k DB's on fist weapons trying to roll an ancient. Haven't even seen a non ancient one. RIP the dream.

Indeed, farming DBs are rather easy. There is many guides on diablofans.com on what gear pieces that is good to use combined with the sage set. And you can speed farm t8 rather fast with it. Remember to use the wrists that spawn an elite when you use a shrine/pylon as that is two free DBs right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    You can get DB fairly quickly.
    Yea, I am going to take this with a grain of salt. I have not accumulated such and I do have the sage set.

In an ARPG it often is just a matter of luck & time for item acquisition. Case scenarios are not a solution to what I am talking about above.

T8 with sages can give 30-40DBs a run with nems.
    I skip everything but elites and it's fairly efficient on my barb/wd.

Yeah, I'm sitting at 300 DBs at the moment, but all out of the rare crafting material, and low on the two others.. Crafting zdps gear on my monk, trying to get pieces with the right stats emptied my whole stashe!
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, I am going to take this with a grain of salt. I have not accumulated such and I do have the sage set.

In an ARPG it often is just a matter of luck & time for item acquisition. Case scenarios are not a solution to what I am talking about above.
    Luck does play a factor for sure. However you will always get at least 25 DB's per rift on T8. You can do it 2-4 minutes depending on spawns and if you're skipping everything but elites/champions. My fastest personally time farming like this was 1:58 with a total of 34 DB's. I've gotten as high as 60 DB's in one rift, but I got super lucky on spawns and every elite/champ dropped double DB.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Luck does play a factor for sure. However you will always get at least 25 DB's per rift on T8.
    I play T9 for efficiency and get double breaths on at least 75% of the elite/champ packs I kill. When I was rolling for my fist weapons I was almost out, but now I have over a thousand of them again. Now I could certainly roll 200 yellow fists into legs, but I'm not at such a min/max point that I feel the need.

It really all comes down to player mentality and what you are trying to do. It's really hard to understand the wide variance of player behavior and results given the straightforward goals of ARPGs, but it just shows how we take relatively simply gameplay mechanics and systems and complicate them with our own psychology.

For ex, high level streamers play at such a degree that they are fully geared and breaking records within hours of the season going live. The rest of the season is spent min/maxing to an extended degree while still having a glut of materials and ability to acquire them.

Then you have regular people who try to min/max in the same capacity, but don't put in 18 hours a day playing so they are always resource starved. They still try to push themselves b/c that's how they interpret the gameplay.

Then you have people like me who sorta push, get a moderate level of gear...let's say this season it's the ability to clear Grift 50 (I managed 55, but only tried it once and it was rough). Instead of tossing all their DB and other mats into rerolls hoping for the perfect weapon or a 1% upgrade, they just keep playing the game and seeing what it drops while stockpiling resources.

At some point I'll decide..ok..today is the day for me to roll the dice and try to min/max. Then I'll go back to the same routine.

The problem is that the people in the middle are the only ones starved for resources and feel they are 'mandatory'. It doesn't mean they aren't right, but it's our application of player behavior within the design that causes the disparity. The top tier and lower tier have plenty of resources.
    BAD WOLF

Indeed, it is all about farming. And if you feel you are resource starved, it is all about doing some more farming.

I am taking it at my own pace, I'm 612 paragons, now working on gearing up a monk, and have geared up a barbar and a demon hunter before that, I don't min max, I simply get all the pieces needed for the different sets I want to play around, then get the stats needed and see if I can push with it. I'm at grift 57 on my Barbar, which isn't high, but not low either.
    I mainly play in a group though, and have decided to go zdps monk for it. But I've farmed up the whole Uliannas set to do some speed rifting for materials, because crafting zdps items with the right stats eats up my resources so damn fast. I easely spend about 2k of each resource while trying to get that one piece with the stats I need. Then I spend some days just speed farming and looting everything I can find to build it up again. And in the end, that is kinda what the game is about - farming quick and efficient. If I can't clear a rift in under 3-4 minute (depending on the density etc), I put down the difficulty one notch. I find t8/9 a fine place to farm, goes fast, and isn't very hard.